5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Stands - A brilliant choice!
I've got three of these stands now which I use for home studio use and I'm very impressed by the quality of them! I bought one about a year ago and it's still in really good shape and has served me well for recording. Since buying the other two, I can see that there are a couple of differences which the manufacturers have made to the stands.

The first one being...
Published on 4 Mar 2009 by Mr. M. W. Swain

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
I guess I was lured to buy this product due to the lower price and positive reviews. However, within 6 months of purchase, I'm having to buy a replacement.

Pros: Cheaper than other stands, sturdy metal frame, accepts the weight of a condenser microphone on a spider mount with a pop filter fitted, folds away to a small size for storage.

Con: The...
Published on 1 May 2011 by Choirboy_Paul

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 1 May 2011

Con: The joints are made of plastic which have not stood up to the wear and tear of constant adjustment. I use this at home around once a fortnight - in between times, it is stored away. The joint at the base of the stand that houses the three legs has a tightening mechanism to secure the vertical stand which became loose within a few uses and finally failed last week. Very disappointing.

I won't be buying another one of these and will be ordering one of the more expensively priced ones which I should have done in the first place. You really do get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tiger Stands - A brilliant choice!, 4 Mar 2009
Mr. M. W. Swain (UK) - See all my reviews

The first one being that the handle which is used to tighten or loosen the height of the stand (the one in the middle) is a lot easier to loosen which feels a lot nicer as I found with my first stand it didn't matter how much you loosened the handle to adjust the height, it was still quite stiff to raise or lower the pole. Secondly, the handle used to tighten or loosen the angle of the boom (the one that looks like a vice handle) is now plastic instead of the metal one which is pictured. Although, even though it's plastic, it doesn't feel like it's particularly weak (maybe time will tell differently). However, I've found that you can unscrew one of the plastic balls to take out the plastic handle, so if it does break, you can get it replaced instead of buying a whole new stand. One final thing, is that the first stand I bought came with a mic clip, however I'd never used it as the microphones I use come with clips anyway so it's not particularly a big deal for me.

From a previous microphone stand I bought from another company, I found that it was far too overpriced for the quality and it was pretty much useless after six months. With these stands however, I feel that the price is very fair. The quality of the stands is excellent, solid and is definitely worth the money! Other stands can be priced at about 30-40 whereas these stands are a fraction of that price and do the same job extremely well! With the more expensive stands, you'd probably get the two telescopic boom arms, but I've found with these that you can get a good height which is more than sufficient.

To round everything up, these stands are extremely good quality for their price. If you're looking for a good quality mic stand but don't want to pay out 30-40 then I'd seriously recommend these stands! I very much doubt that you'd find something better for the same price! These stands are built to last, the one I bought a year ago is still going strong and has no signs of damage from normal use at all! Definitely a good buy!

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't use with studio condenser, 14 Jun 2011
Wasn't sure what rating to give this item as I am very unhappy with the product and amazon for recommending this stand to go with the Rode nt1-a that I bought at the same time. Please if you are buying a STUDIO CONDENSER MIROPHONE DO NOT BUY THIS with it. It just cannot take the weight. It will not only fall over from the base depending on how far you extend the boom, but it will also slide down from the mid axis point constantly, no matter how tight you screw it - if the microphone is anywhere below 180 degrees. It is next to useless for me to use, I wish I had gone for the more expensive radio DJ style holders.

That said, I WOULD definitely RECOMMEND this with a standard microphone that you may sing/play guitar with, say on stage. It is superior to a stand I bought from dawsons for 10 more, as that would not take the pressure of even a standard microphone. This is a well built device, with considerate touches at a very fair price.

1 star for the first paragraph, 5 for the second = 3 star overall

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mic stand, 8 July 2009
J. K. Duthoit (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a really solid mic stand - much more solid than it appears in the photo. You need to buy the microphone clip to go with it, but otherwise, highly recommended. No complaints.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid and reasonable price, 27 Nov 2009
This review is from: Tiger Boom Microphone Stand with Free Clip - Black (Electronics)
really good quality stand for the price.
not sure how it would take the rigours of stage but in my little home studio its just the job.
holds up a fairly heavy large diapghram mic with no drooping.
reccomended for the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 23 Nov 2010
I very rarely add a review on things I buy, but this one is definitely worth a comment. Its a low cost mic stand at a low price and I bought it for home use. I was expecting something a bit plasticy and cheap, but its a good solid metal stand, and very well made. Value for money is excellent. Remember to buy a mic clip if you don't already have one - the same company does one for a couple of quid.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, with faults, 6 Sep 2009
I received this mic stand as a birthday present two days ago. I was slightly unhappy with it for a few reasons. On the plus side, it looked professional and there are lots of ways in which you can adjust it to the height needed. Otherwise, the tripod isn't very stable as the three legs act independently of each other. Also, the stand does not come with a clip to hold the microphone in place, something the buyer didn't realise. When I received the package, it was already open, so I don't know whether the assembly instructions fell out or were not supplied. It was not hard to put together but I would have liked to have known if I was doing it right.
Worth buying, but only just.

5.0 out of 5 stars simplez, 12 Nov 2010
A simple stand for a low price. Well worth buying for condenser microphones. Also search for a shock mount and portable booth for a nice home or studio setup.

4.0 out of 5 stars Black Tiger, 13 Sep 2010
This Microphone Stand, as it is, is fully adjustable in Height, Reach, Reach Angle and Microphone Angle, it's light weight and full foldable compactability makes it easy to carry, two cable Clips, three pronged leg stand (though this three legged form of Stand is not the wish of some folks), as nature has it's way, the movable parts as they do will eventually become worn and it won't hold jack, I wasn't planning on putting it through the rigours of Heavy Duty use, but for home recording and studio use, so it won't be far off the mark.

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected., 11 Aug 2010
Being new to recording my own songs on the computer, I purchased a heavy base mic stand and quality mic. Both absolutely superb for my level of work. However, I soon realised that to sing well, ok, better, I would have to stand up; good breathing and all that. On searching Amazon.co.uk, I came across this product. Great reviews, a great price, and so I bought it. Well, it was delivered way ahead of the date given me. Sadly, on unpacking it, I found no instructions, so had to use common sense when assembling it. Took me all of 15 minutes. I must say, it certainly looks the job! With instructions, it would have got a 5.