4.0 out of 5 stars A technical note
xD cards are pretty much redundant now - the format has been abandoned by Olympus and all of their new cameras take SD and SDHC cards.

Published on 30 May 2010 by Thomas Douglas

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!
Bought two. One will no longer read now that I have filled it with photos; so I cannot access them. The other has cut up two or three pictures and amalgamated them into one disjointed picture. I bought these as I was prepared to pay more for genuine Olympus products. The writing on these does not match my genuine Olympus memory cards so I am a little dubious!
Published 17 months ago by Bec83

4.0 out of 5 stars A technical note, 30 May 2010
Thomas Douglas "TD" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)

But if you only have an xD card slot, you still need an xD card, and this is as good as they get. The maximum 2Gb capacity seems rather quaint these days, although it is only a couple of years since 2Gb seemed like more than you would ever need.

If you have no choice about XD, buy this card, rather than a copycat brand. If you do have a choice of slots, or an xD-micro SD converter, as with the Olympus TOUGH series, then go for the micro SD as it can be used with other kit.

Five stars for the card itself, less one to steer you towards not using xD unless you have to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the Memory., 9 April 2010
Quiverbow (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
As the other reviewer has said, xD cards can be picked up for a few pounds but I too wasn't willing to take the chance on receiving something manufactured in somebody's shed. I paid extra for this Olympus card, one reason being that the CF card I use doesn't allow for 'Panoramic' photos and it's something I wanted to try.

I don't know the transfer speed of this card, but as those things are measured in fractions of seconds, I doubt I'd notice anyway. (Is there really a discernible difference between 90mb/s and 50mb/s?) Its capacity that counts and this allowed me 120 photos in RAW but nearly 6000 in Small Normal (both similar amounts to my 2GB Compact Flash).

The card also comes with a 20-digit serial number that has to be entered to activate the ART and 3D functions within the Olympus Master software. This number was on a piece of paper tucked in the back of the cardboard pack the card arrived in and as it's an official Olympus card, I guess they're all packaged that way. It could quite easily be thrown out by mistake. The two-year warranty helps, too. Okay, it may cost more but you'll know it will work; if by chance it doesn't, it will be sorted out, which is slightly better than hearing, "It's yours now, mate."

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 5 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
After reading so many reviews about cards being fake or not working i decided just to go for the real thing and not risk saving a few quid and get a rip off.

This is exactly what was ordered, turned up very quickly, well packaged and works perfectly.

It is an Olympus official XD M+ 2GB card and comes with a 2 year warranty.

Very impressed, will buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card, 23 July 2011
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
Does just what it says on the tin. Good for nearly 700 images on my 6.3 Mega Pixel Fujifilm Finepix F30. Good price and very prompt delivery. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enough storage space for stills and videos, 3 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
I'm hardly a slick photographer, and my 5 year old Fuji digicam continues to meet my modest snappy needs. However, having decided it might be nice to shoot some mini videos it really was time to get a larger picture card than the 64 MB which has sufficed for so long. I was quite shocked to find XD cards and cameras taking XD cards have almost become dinosaurs. This 2 GB must cost rather less than I paid for that 64 MB some years ago. And I'm staggered to find it will hold, depending on the quality of the desired pic, between 1-3000 plus pictures. I'm not quite certain how long my videos can be without filling the card, but as I don't expect either I or anyone else are going to want to watch a feature-length video shot by me, this is immaterial.

The card arrived in a case about 20 times its size. A little excessive, I think a small, compact case approx 1 to 2 inch square would have been a better storage option. Even if an XD card is giant sized compared to the microSD, its still a pretty tiny thing.

This card works excellently, and apparently enables panorama recording, 3D Functions and use of Art Effects (if your camera is up to this of course!) Unfortunately, the Art and 3D functions have to be activated with the use of a serial number, which is included as a slip of paper inside the case. Foolishly, it was only much later that I began to look into what this card can do - by which time all the paper with it had gone to the recycle bin. So, those art features will remain a mystery. Hence the loss of star, as it would have been more helpful to have the serial number on a sticky inside the case, as is common with a lot of PC software programmes. Ah well, my inner Scorcese must remain forever dormant.

5.0 out of 5 stars 2G memory card, 31 Aug. 2010
Michael G. Faulkner (Nottingham england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
Excellent....my previous card only let me take about 30-50 pictures on full definition. Put this card in and was so surprised to see 2300!
Does what it says on the tin!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid!, 17 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars capable card, 24 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
I recently bought a Fuji 9600 camera which takes compact flash and xd, I bought this so that I can run both cards (when one fills up I can transfer to the other) This is a lot better than the compact so I use it as the default card. Its fast and easy to format and faster than the CF card when shooting multiple frames, its writes a lot faster. Its almost instantaneous when using it in a card reader to download pictures to the computer.

2gb is just over 450 shots on maximum quality which is pretty good.

Good prouduct works fine for my camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on older (i.e. pre-2009ish) Olympus point and shoot, bridge, and DSLR cards, 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
If you have an older point-and -shoot Olympus or Fuji camera, or an Olympus DSLR, this card is for you (if you don't want to use a compact flash card on your DSLR). It has a decent size (with a 12.3MP camera you can take about 130 photots), and if used on an Olympus camera, it can me used to create panoramic pictures.

Nowadays, you can get cameras which use different cards that allow you to record the picture more quickly, but if you're still using that handy old Olympus or Fuji camera you've got, this is a useful card.

Incidentally, Olympus stopped making new models that used the xD card in 2009 I think

In addition, if you want an xD card that records pictures as fast as possible, try and find an H, instead of an M+ card. They are slightly faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars made a mistake when ordering, 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card (Personal Computers)
Ordered this item up then found out that I had ordered the wrong one .Got in touch with Gizzmo heaven by email via amazon and got things sorted out and received the card I wanted with panorama function mailing was a little slow BUT I could find no fault in this companys service. P.S. Keep it up.

Olympus 2GB XD M+ Card