on 26 February 2010
I bought this to make sure I always had charged batteries ready for use and after a week playing around with my new Flip the pack is still full of life. Use this is your main power source and just keep a couple of AAs handy when you are recharging or don't have a PC handy.
on 28 May 2010
I have had endless trouble with this battery pack and apparently so have many other people. I have tried all the suggestions I can find, including peeling the plastic from the bottom. I also contacted customer support which was useless. It still does not work. I now use ordinary rechargeable batteries.
on 1 December 2010
Please note that this item is not for Flip HD Ultra 3rd Generation (Image stabilisation), as the battery pack needed is completely different. Please note that I cannot give this item a proper star rating as it the wrong item, however, I felt it necessary to highlight this as it was down as an accessory for the 3rd Gen Flip.
on 2 November 2010
Yet another great doodad from Flip.

I love the Flip video camera and everything to go with it. When I purchased it Amazon recommended that I bought this too, and I did.

It cost the equivalent of 8 AA batteries and it will last a great deal longer than the life of 8 AA batteries. Aside from the batteries going to landfill issue, which would make me want to buy it anyway, I think that is good, hard headed reason to buy it.

It recharges through the USB being attached to your computer. It takes around 6 hours or so to do a full recharge from empty. Oh yes, it also activates a neon light on the Flip camera that tells you how much life it has.

It is great and I recommend it.
on 22 March 2011
I'm not going to lie, I needed a new battery for my camera because I left it outside and it rained, hard. I couldn't use my camera for more than 2 minutes without it running out of battery and turning off, it didn't matter how long I charged it for, it just wouldn't work. So I thought I'd buy a new one and if im honest I didn't think it would work, but it did! I haven't had a problem with my camera since, it came in a matter of days and I was completely satisfied with this product.
on 7 February 2010
This works OK with my Flip Ultra 2. My one criticism is that the leaflet accompanying the pack makes no mention of the fact that it comes with a plastic cover over the base and cannot be used until that is cut off.
on 21 October 2010
I read about the problems with this product but its been great so far and certainly better than worrying about normal batteries.
on 6 October 2011
I use my flip all the time as a childminder and the origional battery (18 months old) was not holding its charge very long. This one lasts ages. I Also bought a international charger to charge it on the mains when a USB port is not available, that is really good too.
on 5 August 2010
I found this to be really easy and ready to use. To top up just plug in to PC great.
on 19 July 2013
IT DOES NOT CHARGE AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS AND IT IS EASIER AND CHEAPER TO LOAD THE CAMERA WITH REASONABLY PRICED AA BATTERIES FROM A SHOP SUCH AS MAPLINS! FLIP SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR PRODUCING/SELLING RUBBISH!