5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!
Published on 21 Nov. 2009 by Manxmunks

3.0 out of 5 stars Son loved it.
I bought this for my 3 year old son. Thought it looked great but when I examined it I thought it was a bit tatty. Edges did not line up that well when I closed it and plastic seemed very cheap also there was chip out of front of it which I was upset about. I decided to keep it as we were going away and my son thought it was great. He loved pulling it along and was great...
Published on 16 Oct. 2010 by Sarahgreen89

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 21 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Limited Edition Gruffalo (Brown) (Luggage)
Our eldest (aged 6) was absolutely thrilled with this. It is sturdy, and comes with a guarantee that they will do all they can to replace any parts that ever go wrong, making a great environmental commitment. Even packed full it was well under the 10kgs hand luggage allowance and drew envious glances from kids (and some adults!) everywhere we went. The best bit was that the kids wanted to carry it themselves - result! Even at home we have been using it to store toys - the kids still enjoy riding on it and all in all was well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery, good case, 4 Jan. 2010
Just used this Christmas present on long haul flight. Very popular with the 3 year old. He can pull it like a dog on a lead or sit on it and be pulled along himself. Easily fits in overhead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Trunki Gruffalo Case, 9 July 2010
S. Spink "VirginGoddess" (North Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter loved having this for her holiday. She fitted loads of toys and clothes in for the flight. It was very easy for her to ride on and she loved having rides around the airport. It was very stable & very easy to pull along too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trunki Gruffalo Ride-on Suitcase (Limited Edition), 20 Jun. 2011
I bought this trunki for my Gruffalo addict 3 yr old and she loves it! Trunki's are fantastic anyway but this limited edition is brilliant. As soon as it was out of the box she identified the orange eyes and they even made the lock the "poisonous wart on the end of his nose"!
It's a great character and her cousins were most envious on our recent trip (they have trunki's too but only "plain" ones!) All trunki's have the same features, just with different colour schemes and themes. The pull along strap helps adults to keep a tight hold one their charges and the horns are great for little ones to hold onto. Oh, and don't lose the strap as the key is on the end! There's even a secret compartment inside to hide precious cargo...

A great travel aid and something to keep the kids amused/happy, win win I say.

Moggy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great option for a really fun kids suitcase, 13 July 2011
When this arrived my little girl was thrilled and really enjoyed sticking the stickers on the outside to finish off the look. The face is already on but you get a few additional stickers to personalise it. Its well made and she rode around the airport on it on and off so seems pretty strong, fine to take on as hand luggage and a good seat for a child when they are tired. She got lots of admiring glances from everyone and lots of comments too so that also pleased her! It has a small pocket inside for keeping small travel items plus one side has the usual suitcase elasticated straps to keep clothes in place which is good. Only comment I would make is that elasticated straps both sides as it opens would improve it as things fall out easily when opened. Overall though a great kids suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thinking! Think no more! Buy Buy Buy!, 22 Aug. 2010
I thought long and hard before buying the Trunki "Gruffalo" for my three year old grandson Charlie.I had like thousands of others no doubt followed the Trunki idea from the Dragon's Den to seeing it advertised on various websites. After reading a few of the reviews and ending my exhausting search for the best price i took the plunge and bought of Amazon as it was the cheapest overall and i knew from past purchases delivery was free.After a few days the Trunki arrived in its well packed dedicated cardboard box which was very robust and the emerging "Gruffalo" was a sight to behold.The most user friendly suitcase ever for a young child with secret quirky fittings, strong locks and overall top quality materials used in this super strong case. Sticker set also enclosed to personalise your Trunki which i thought was a nice touch. Nothing to build or do just straight from the box and into service which i think will be long. This is not only a case for travel as my Grandson has not put it down since it arrived and keeps all his toys etc in it when travelling between Grandparents for sleepovers etc.
His eyes light up when it popped out of the box as he shouted "It's a Gruffalo Grandad" which alone made this one of the best purchases by far this year. Thank you Trunki and Amazon for a job well done and to all you thinkers out there who are worried this is not really for them, THINK AGAIN AND BUY you will be delighted with your purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars delighted with the trunki, 5 Feb. 2011
M. Kritzinger (London) - See all my reviews
it is sturdy, practical and fun. It fitted a change of clothes and shoes and toys for the plane. Whilst we were waiting at the airport my son had fun scooting on his trunki and I can pull him along when he is tired. We then used it as his toy box and to ride on during our holiday. It also saves carrying a toddler for the long walk from the plane, through passport control and to baggage reclaim in Heathrow where the pushchairs are delivered as he can ride his trunki! It really turned heads at Cape Town airport, if it isn't available there ... then it should be as there seemed to be lots of people ready to buy one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but a little smaller than i'd expected., 3 April 2012
I wasn't sure whether to buy a Trunki for my son for our mid-week break next month, I couldn't decide whether i'd be wasting my money or not but it looked lovely and my 2 year old loves The Gruffalo so i went ahead and ordered.
It arrived this morning and i have to admit my first thought was that it was smaller than i had hoped and expected it to be, this was closely followed by wow (by me and my son). My son's face lit up when he saw the gruffalo trunki and he has spent the morning pulling it around the house.

It is lovely, very well designed, looks sturdy and I love the gruffalo features on it. Although its size was playing on my mind so while my son had his sleep and i went to test drive it and see how much i could fit inside it. As previously mentioned i bought this for a mid-week 4 night uk break we have planned next month, with a toddler we are going to have to take the usual plus toys and nappies and things so i thought the extra storage would come in handy and the trunki would be his suitcase for his clothes and toys.

Well I was hoping there! I was just about able to fit 4 days worth of clothes, underwear and a couple of pairs of shoes in there, i tried a couple of books and my son's beloved bunny but it wouldnt close. So i am going to have to eiather just use it for his clothes or use it for his toys and books instead, eiather way it will give us more space just not as much as I had originally thought.

However I can see this will get alot of use, it will be handy for overnight trips to grandparents houses (for clothes and toys) or days out visiting relatives (for toys and snacks)and it would be handy as a carry on for holidays for a child to put some toys in to keep them occupied on a plane. Its too nice to keep stored away so i think my son will be happy wheeling it around the house with his toys in.

So in short DON'T buy this hoping for a decent sized suitcase for your child - not sure it should be badged as a suitcase as it isnt that big. But DO buy it because it is lovely, your child will adore it and it is a decent sized general travel bag for short visits.

Smaller than i'd have hoped but still great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gruffalo trunki, 4 Jan. 2010
E. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
As an already very clever design for children, the gruffalo version is great to have as a limited edition and to look at, my children love it to use as well, definately would recommend for anyone to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 28 Jan. 2010
Kirstin Muir (Renfrewshire) - See all my reviews
We got this for our 2 year old for a long haul trip in May...It was delivered free, much sooner than we expected and for the cheapest price we could find! Usual great service from amazon!
The product itself is great, good size, lightweight and well made with excellent, well thought out features - from my point of view. But from a toddlers perspective it's just fantastic..my 2 year old loves the Gruffalo and when he saw this he was just besotted and has been riding around on it ever since, reciting all the Gruffalo's famous features!! It has been packed and unpacked and is now being used as an overnight bag for trips to Nana's! Needless to say it will be well broken in before we go on holiday but I'm sure it will definitely make our hours in the airport pass much more quickly and painlessly!! Thank you trunki...& Amazon!