on 9 June 2010
Did a lot of research before choosing which fire pit to go for. Found this on another website, at least 20.00 more expensive, with rave reviews. The size is much more substantial than I expected. Only downfall, which I knew about because of reading other reviews, is that there is not a hole for rain to drain out. I will remedy this with my trusty drill! Really pleased with it, it is also an attractive addition to my patio. Another bonus is it has kept my sons quiet for hours with a new found enthusiasm for piromania!
on 25 April 2011
I purchased the urban firepit a few weeks ago. Having used it four times I am now trying to get a refund. Two clips holding the wire rim on have sheared off and the handle for the grill has also broken. In short it looks good but is badly made and absolutely not worth the money!
on 20 October 2011
Good sized firepit. Easy to clean. Not the best quality manufacture but adequate. No drian hole but we have a cover so this is not a problem.
on 12 November 2013
Looks good, yet to use but sure it'll be fit for purpose. Rusts easily though so get .yOurself a good cover not the one that is sold as a cover for it.
on 10 December 2015
Very happy with size, went for bigger one and it is perfect for a group to sit round. The grill is very good quality, but like previous comments the welding on other parts is a bit shoddy. No drainage holes, husband will drill some but it would be nice if it came with them.
on 26 April 2011
this is a great looking product and ideal for sitting around in the evening with friends and a glass of wine.
the construction is substantial (the barbecue grill is particularly robust)
select the size you choose carefully, I chose the larger 880 and was glad I did but it is quite a size.
The fire pit would have got 5 stars but I was disappointed with some of the workmanship when I got it out of the box -esp the quality of the welding on the stainless steel guard ring.
however, when you've used it once it really doesn't matter any more.
on 11 August 2014
Was damaged on arrival but had it fixed by local welder rather than bother to return. Does not seem as well built as my old one from same manufacturer.
on 29 March 2014
Looks well made and large enough for a good blaze on a chilly summers evening although we havent tried it yet as its still winter.
on 26 May 2013
this is our second urban fire pit the last one was used a lot and lasted for about seven years until it rusted/burnt through. the pit is slightley different as the bowl is shallower which is better for cooking, we were very disapointed when we have bought and used the cover and after only one bbq it is already showing signs of rust and the paint is flaking on the undersideof the bowl
on 11 September 2014
Product as expected as we had a smaller one of same manufacturer before. Good service from supplier though