5.0 out of 5 stars John Barrowman Rocks
Published on 12 July 2009 by Mrs. B. R. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars An Eventing with John Barrowman
This is another case I don't know how to rate something I cant play, since it's region 2 and I don't have an all region player
sorry ... however this guy is usually very good
Published 9 days ago by sowhat

5.0 out of 5 stars John Barrowman Rocks, 12 July 2009
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I totally agree with Warriorbabe,as a big fan I also went to his show,not knowing what to expect but I was not dissapointed, it was absolutely brilliant!!He is very very funny & a very talented guy!I wish the dvd was out sooner as I could watch him over & over again, if you or family members like him I would definately add this dvd to your xmas wish list because you will not be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 19 Nov 2009
Mr. R. J. Percy (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
As an actor myself first as a dancer and then when I got too old taking character parts I am always interested in what other artistes are doing.
When I bought this dvd I knew that is was going to be fabulous from start to finish.
John is the comsumate actor and singer and whatever he puts his mind to he is as near as perfect as anyone can get.
One knows that when he first bounds onto the stage in the most becoming silver suit that they are in for an evening of pure excitement and laughter.
I personally think John is at his best in this setting - he is completely at ease and trades quips with the audience and all at his own expense. This makes the audience feel special and he has them in his hand.
The guest - Daniel Boys - is a nice little surprise item as he is a pleasant lad and a good artist as are the dancers and believe me it is not easy to sing and dance at the same time but John joins in with the choreographed numbers with gusto.
I have been at a few does where John was present and he is the same off stage as he is on.
But, I wont go on. Just sit back and enjoy this wonderful DVD recorded this year at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have dvd, 24 July 2009
Mrs. P. A. Brown (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Didn,t go to this concert where it was filmed but went to the Oxford one. Amazing show and dare i say it better than last years concert, if thats possible.This is a must have dvd for any John Barrowman fan. Its the one we have all been waiting for after last years concerts.Sure its gonna be good, filming wise, John wouldn,t let it out if he wasn,t happy with it. Get yours ordered today.

5.0 out of 5 stars John Barrowman at his best! Brilliant!, 25 Nov 2009
Iris Halliez (Berlin, Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Wonderful DVD! Great memories for everyone who has seen the concert in Glasgow - I've been there and was blown away!! Also fantastic for those who haven't been able to go. John Barrowman's energy and uplifting spirit is unique and this shines through on this DVD. If you feel down you will definitely feel better after watching it.
His concerts are absolutely unique, they feel like personal encounters rather than concerts, as there's not only the music but also his stories about his life and family. We even get to see his mum and dad on stage! In this concert DVD you see that he's not only a charismatic singer but also a fantastic entertainer with a huge sense of humour and fantastic abilities in storytelling and making people laugh!

And it's even more on the DVD than just the concert! There's a large section with extras, for instance a chapter where he shows us around in his house in Wales, we get to see his family, the rehearsals, the tour bus and a lot more behind the scenes material. And in the extras they even kept in the trouser rip - an absolutely hilarious "mishap" everyone who witnessed it had hoped for to see as a bonus on the DVD!!
So fantastic show and fabulous extras! All in all a must have for everyone interested in this brilliant entertainer!! Buy it! Here's hoping for another concert tour DVD next year!

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC, 30 Aug 2009
Ms. A. Byrne (Sudbury, Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I went to 2 of the shows one in Ipswich and the last night in London and my god that man knows how to WOW the crowds cannot wait to get this. am glad that Danny Boys section was left in as well he was really good !

Met John at both venues and he is such a sweetheart he really is !

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost as good as being there, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
From the moment that the Energiser Bunny that is JB bounds on stage and sings "Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time" nothing does stop him for nearly 2 hours, and the obvious enjoyment he gets from performing live really communicates itself to the audience, so that we have a good time too. You may not like all of the material he sings but he puts his heart and soul into each song, although it is in the slower ballads that his beautiful mellow tone and musicianship can really be appreciated. I don't like dogs in the slightest, but I have to say I was also in tears during "Goodbye my friend".

The DVD "extras" are an added bonus. The all-round entertainer adds another string to his bow, that of Billy Connelly impersonator, as he lapses back into his native Glaswegian accent to tell anecdotes from his early life. Other clips give you a glimpse into JB's home (including full-size Dalek), family and backstage life. Oh, and what other household-name entertainer would not only make light of an embarrassing on-stage "wardrobe malfunction" but actually release it for the delight of a wider audience?

So if you want to be thoroughly entertained and have a smile on your face at the end of the evening buy this DVD - and of course go to his next live concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 5 Aug 2009
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I also saw the Oxford show and it was amazing. Can't wait for this DVD!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Fantastic! Fantastic!, 20 Nov 2009
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Briliant! I was at the Cardiff concert and watching this DVD brought back so many happy memories of that night. It was nice to see the extras were filmed in Cardiff too!
JB just gets better and better...and I agree with another reviewer, I don't know how this was possible, but this year's concert was better than last years. I will be playing this DVD over and over! Carole Zorzo

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Fantastic, 23 July 2009
Ms. C. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I went to the concert in Harrogate and was blown away. John Barrowman is an extremely talented entertainer and I placed an order for this DVD as soon as I realised it was out. Here's hoping for another tour next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!, 13 Feb 2010
This review is from: An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
If you are a John Barrowman fan, this is a must! Especially if you've never seen him in concert and, like those of us in the US, probably never will - but this was like being there! He is a force of nature - a whirlwind out there, giving everything he has. I loved every minute of it. Don't miss the special features because there are more songs in there and some lovely surprises. I loved getting to see him sing the duet with Danny Boys who is fantastic on his own, but with John - pure magic! It's a wonderful show and almost makes up for not being able to see him live! Loved it! Loved it! Loved it!

An Evening With John Barrowman [DVD] [2009]