5.0 out of 5 stars Spikey back at his best!
Published on 3 Sept. 2010 by Dinho

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment
I really enjoyed "Overnight Success". "Living the Dream" I could take or leave but I've enjoyed Dave whenever he's been on TV so at £3.99 I had no hesitation buying this.

Published on 15 Oct. 2010 by Roddy Doyle Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Spikey back at his best!, 3 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
We were both big fans of Peter Kay, especially after seeing his "Bolton Albert Halls" DVD but became disappointed with his follow ups. When he brought out the Manchester Arena DVD, we felt ripped off because the content was more or less identical to the Bolton DVD. When he started with the 'Geraldine' thing, we really switched off! Please don't think that we're slagging him off, he's a good comedian, he's got hordes of fans and it's just our personal opinion. Dave Spikey is a very similar type of comedian but we think he really is funnier than Peter Kay! Bold statement? - just watch his DVD's and judge for yourselves - you won't be disappointed.
The first DVD we bought was his 'Overnight Success Tour' and it's absolutely hilarious. It still has us in fits of giggles even after seeing it several times!
We then purchased "Living The Dream" and this one - "The Best Medicine Tour". We watched Living The Dream first and it was funny but somehow didn't manage to reach the same height as the Overnight Success Tour. This DVD however is a true return to form and it really is hilarious. We loved every one of the 90 minutes plus of pure everyday life comedy told in the most honest, down to earth and most funny way.
Buy this DVD while you can, you won't regret it - well worth adding to your collection!

2.0 out of 5 stars Big disappointment, 15 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)

It's not a terrible DVD - there are much worse comedians out there - but, after some good laughs at the start, this DVD tailed off really disappointingly. After about an hour, I hadn't laughed for 20 minutes so I turned off.

The problem for me was the material. A few of the gags were on the previous DVD. Others were predictable. The worst reminded me of Chubby Brown. Dave's stories of his hospital days were a bit boring. It was when he started moaning about paperwork and "political correctness" that I turned off - TELL US SOME JOKES, DAVE!

Like I say, it's not a terrible DVD. Dave's very personable, it's just the material that let him down, I think he ran out of good stuff on the first DVD.

5.0 out of 5 stars The genius of spikey, 7 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Dave spikey is brilliant. You can picture what he says and his humour is orginal. Some of the other comedians material is similar to one anothers but spikey has imagination.

4.0 out of 5 stars DAVE SPIKEY, 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
If you would like a great laugh this is the DVD for you. It had my wife and I in tears of laughter. A good buy and so cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best stand-up DVD I've ever seen (and I've seen a lot of them), 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
This DVD will have you in absolute stitches throughout, in particular there are a couple of routines based on Dave's previous career as a lab technician in a hospital, one about a dizzy female colleague of his and her many funny antics which won't fail to make anyone laugh, and another one about the top three clerical mistakes his colleagues made on important medical notes, which I realise doesn't all that great when I write it like that, but it is the funniest thing I have ever heard, so funny in fact that I laughed so hard I actually stopped breathing for a short time and thought I was going to literally die laughing. This DVD was so funny I watched it three time on the same bank holiday weekend (for the benefit of different friends each time) and still laughed harder on the third viewing of this DVD than I normally do on the first viewings of most stand-up DVDs. Dave is best known for being the compere, Jerry St. Clair, in the sitcom Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights, which is also a great show, but don't allow yourself to think that Dave's material is all 'garlic bread' and the like purely because of his association with Kay, he's actually much much funnier and more original than that. Dave also has two more DVDs, available on this site, which are also hilarious.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyably., 5 May 2013
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
Watched once and enjoyed. But in my opinion is not one that can be watched over and over again liks some of my favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 10 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
One of Dave Spikeys very funny stand up tours I found this dvd very entertaining and funnt I would recommend it for all

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious.............., 27 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
If you like Dave Spikey, you'll love this. This is the second Dave Spikey DVD I have seen and I laughed all the way through.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD - Best Medicine Tour Live, 3 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
DVD came quickly and was as expected - Did not view it myself as was a present for another so not able to comment on content

2.0 out of 5 stars Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour DVD, 16 July 2011
This review is from: Dave Spikey - Best Medicine Tour Live [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
I was really disappointed with this DVD. After seeing Dave Spikey on various shows on tele i found him really funny so decided to get this for my husband for xmas. Sadly it was a let down, didn't really make us laugh and was just not what i had expected at all.