4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine
I bought this tester as I wanted to avoid the Draper (and many other brands that had their name the same tester) LAN tester having read various bad experience of it.

Published on 6 July 2012 by Jimbo

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but feels cheap
I needed a replacement in my toolkit so I purchased 2 of these. They work as you would expect and are a good bit of kit for the price but feel very cheap. The case is also a little small for the item.

Published 10 months ago by Matt B

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)

This tester can do an auto run through each wire to see if they are in sync or set the switch to manual and press the square button to manual test each wire. With the Remote end you can test installed cables using the RJ-45 leads they supply and just plug one end into the socket and the other into the tester. (Best to use Auto Mode)

I haven't given this 5 stars because of the construction of this tester. It feels cheap but what do you expect for £10. When I first received this, the Auto/Manual push button would stick and wouldn't switch properly and so in manual mode the square test button wouldn't work. Having taken the cover off the switched worked fine and the problem turned out to be the switches didn't poke through the apertures of the cover properly so the switches rubbed on the side. I made the aperture of the Auto/Manual switch a bit bigger with a file and this tester now works fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works but feels cheap, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)

The case for second one of these that I purchased just feel apart! I opened the box, pulled out the case and unzipped. After checking the contents and zipping back up - the zip fell off, trying to closing the case again and the metal that ajoins the zip broke in half! The metal on the case is very cheap - I was able to split a small piece of metal in two with my own hands (and I'm no strong-man)!

Pros:
- The kit works as expected
- Cheap

Cons:
- Feels cheap
- Case may fall apart
- Case too small for contens

- Matt

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor built Quality, Inconsistent operation, 25 Sep 2013
A. Kwabula (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
I may have been sent a fault unit, but the poor built quality means most people will probably be down the same road sooner and not later. The auto mode was not working from boxing. The manual mode would pass a cable one time and fail the same cable another time. The button are flimsy and loose, it even seems to be disappearing inside!

The tester looks like the many clones that look exactly identical to each other. I only picked this one because of the brand Konig, but I have been disappointed forcing me to return it to Amazon, and the return was painless, thanks Amazon

Sorry, Konig, I do not recommend this one, but I like your Tripods and other products I own.

5.0 out of 5 stars works very well, 4 Feb 2013
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
for the advertised price it works very well.
i've seen and used more expencive devices like this but this one does the same job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
No issues with the product at all, however looks really cheap. Does the job though so no complaints there. Just make sure you buy a battery as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Konig multi cable Testing system, 26 Sep 2014
D. Richardson (Richmond N. Yorks.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
This model although plastic does what it says. I shall only be using it for RJ45 cables, but it is versatile and comes with the necessary cables. After inserting a Duracell 9v alkaline battery the item worked perfectly both in manual and auto modes. A handy piece of kit and better quality than the cheaper models at 3 pounds or so. comes with instructions in english.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but poor quality, 9 April 2014
Kevin J (Hayling Island) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
It works ok, does the job, but the quality could be better, when I went to renew thw battery the lead pulled out of the battery connector waas not soldered well. I have managed to fix it but you do not expect that with a new product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 6 Feb 2014
Paul A. Wills "Paul" (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
Have been experiencing issues with two wired connections and within an hour of receiving the tester I have found the issue. The unit is very straight forward in its use however care needs to be taken with the battery cover and connections.. the wire is very stiff and would probably suffer if flexed to often. In saying that I would imagine the battery life would be very good as the unit is only creating a circuit with Led's. It comes with a selection of cables all contained in a little case which is great. For the price this unit, for me, paid for itself in its first hour of use, I have spent weeks trying to fault find an intermittent issue. Another plus point was how quickly the item arrived.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little box of tricks, 9 Jan 2014
D. Tomlin (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
Excellent little box of tricks does everything you need it too, and comes with a load of bits to test other cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Tool, 4 Dec 2013
This review is from: Konig Multi Cable Testing System (Accessory)
This is a great tool for your box. Used it to check a link on Router and it answered the questions in seconds without any technical know-how needed. Worth buying just to have when you need help.

Konig Multi Cable Testing System