4.0 out of 5 stars Great Results from a Light Weight Iron.
Published on 5 Mar 2010 by Mrs. P. Stainton

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns clothes suddenly and leaks
Published 14 months ago by jqueen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Results from a Light Weight Iron., 5 Mar 2010
Mrs. P. Stainton (Yorkshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron - 2400 W - White and Blue (Kitchen & Home)
I waded though loads of reviews & a common comment was about weight - either "this one is not for granny" or "because of the weight, I divide my ironing into two sessions." So,I ignored brand & colour & picked the lightest I could find. I was surprised by the size of the soleplate (much bigger than my old iron) but it makes for quicker ironing. Definitely the iron for grannies, the limp-wristed & any lady who doesn't have hands like a navvy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs White & Blue 15081 Steamglide, 22 Feb 2010
E. M. Brown - See all my reviews
It is smooth, glides well, gets rid of creases and doesn't spit out dirty water. Good value for money

1.0 out of 5 stars Burns clothes suddenly and leaks, 16 Sep 2013
I'm glad I didn't review this purchase when I bought it a year ago, because at first it seemed fine but having used it for a year I can now give a proper review of this iron: this is the worst iron I have ever bought. Don't buy it. It leaks water out of the handle (yes, strange and worrying I know) if you fill it up more than half with water and spits great puddles onto the board when you move it from ironing position to upright. Also it suddenly heats up randomly while you are ironing, so that the iron suddenly starts sticking to/burning the clothes and you get black on the plate - and on your white shirts! The steam and spray buttons start sticking if you are ironing for longer than about 30 minutes, making the ironing experience even more frustrating. Plus the lead seems quite short. And it's so lightweight that it topples over very easily.

I hate it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice iron., 25 Jan 2011
Mr. Richard D. Marsh "Unforgiven" (west of barum uk) - See all my reviews
Look, I'm a bloke, I'm 61 years of age. I'd never ironed before but the old one broke when my wife was in hospital. Bought this one as it was cheap and have no complaints. Seems to do the job it's designed for. In fact have enjoyed ironing so much I'm still doing it now she's out. Nice to put on some music and wind down with a relaxing new pastime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficiency in Steam, 4 Aug 2010
This iron is a comfortable weight to use. The Steam Jet is highly efficient & the footplate glides with minimal effort. This iron makes a boring mindless task into a bearable one. I AM PLEASED with it!!!!!! Bonks

5.0 out of 5 stars Iron, 27 Oct 2011
This iron is brilliant. It looks good and irons well. You can use ordinary water. Why would you want to pay more?

3.0 out of 5 stars Short Leash!!!, 14 Nov 2011
Janey Noble (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely iron, although like one of the other reviewers comments it is thirsty, but to me the worst thing about it is the very short flex, it barely reaches from my socket which is just above the skirting to the middle of the ironing board and is certainly not long then enough left to travel the length of it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant iron, 21 Sep 2010
This is a great iron, particularly if you have loads of ironing to do as it does not make your arm ache. Have tried loads of irons and this is the best. Easy to fill and you don't spill stuff everywhere.
Good value too

4.0 out of 5 stars Russell Hobbs iron, 6 Dec 2010
The iron was nice to handle and lightweight as advertised. The water reservoir was easy to fill and the steam controls convenient. To be really picky, I would have liked the flex to be a little longer.

3.0 out of 5 stars This iron likes a drink, 3 Jan 2011
George Ringwood (York, UK) - See all my reviews
According to my wife who does the ironing in our house, it handles well, it looks well-built and it gives an excellent finish BUT it drinks like a fish requiring a refill after every 3 garments, unlike previous irons that she's used.

Russell Hobbs 15081 Steamglide Iron - 2400 W - White and Blue