on 12 November 2009
This game is by far the best music game i've ever played, knocking Guitar Hero right out the way of attention, and may even be THE very best game i've ever played... EVER.
That compares to Cod4, Halo 3, Little Big Planet, Super Mario Galaxy, CODMW2, guitar hero etc
First of all the music is awesome, I would buy the soundtrack if it came out on CD, most of it is alot better than the original songs, Activision, please release the soundtrack!!!!!
Second, the graphics are really superior for wii, and I think are average Xbox 360 graphics.
Third, gameplay works well and makes sence, there's a cross fader to switch between songs, an effects nosel (whammy bar, pretty much), a euphoria button (star power), and the disc/turntable which works really well and an do a full 360 degree twist (and the scratching is amazing)
Fourth, the characters, which are mostly real people, are also great graphics, Jazzy Jeff, Grandmaster flash, and Daft Punk are in there too.
Gameplay 9.9/10
Graphics, 9/10
Music 10/10
Characters 10/10
Overall 9.8/10

AWESOME GAME!!!
Highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 4 December 2009
This is a fantastic game with a great list of original mixes from a massive list of tracks. There are too many "favourites" of mine but its fair to say there arent many duff mixes.

Only slight downside is the turntable which I feel could be very easily broken, doesn't feel sturdy enough for me but thats the only negative I can think of.
If you're after a party game this festive season then I cannot recommend this game enough!
on 20 July 2010
Wow is the first thing I will say - not many games will keep me sitting for 2 and half hours - i get bored easy so have a number of games to change with.

This is fantastic - from personal experience I am not the most co-ordinated, not sure whether being left handed is part of it - anyway the point is I can actually get points and progress through levels reasonably quick - i've even managed to complete all but 1 tutorials which for me is fantastic.

Whether you are right or left handed this turntable can be changed around to allow for ease of use for either.

This is a game that I will quite happily stick in again and sit for while playing, once you have gone through the tutorials to the first set list you can choose a level you want to play - i have currently done beginner which is obviously very easy and also easy which despite it making you hit each note yourself I have to say i have been quite successful so far.

I would recommend this as a starter over guitar hero as I feel this very easy to pick up - im hoping that after playing this for a while i will be able to go back to guitar hero with improved co-ordination skills.

Also on the plus side for everyone who has guitar hero this game can be used with guitar controller as a two player game for selected mixes.

I highly recommend this game to everyone.
on 23 May 2010
The game play lasts for hours and it's great fun, however, my turntable had a couple of issues. Included among these, was the problem that, if I span the tunable to initiate a rewind (a very important part of the game) I would lose a combo - and therefore, a star (which can be used to unlock more content). That aside, the game play is brilliant, even so, if you are considering buying the game, keep the receipt, ready for the return of your turntable, if there are any hardware faults with it.
on 7 January 2010
DJ Hero is great fun for all the family, whether you have good coordination or not. We found it easier than Guitar Hero.A great choice of tracks too.
on 14 October 2010
This game is ace, simple.

It's fun enough to just DJ away, like you're a real MC =)
The music for it is good, and are all original mixes, made just for the game, the songs are excellent and I'd buy them off iTunes if you could.
The DJing part is a lot of fun, and can be enjoyed quite well in single player.

The reason I've not awarded 5stars is because this is like Guitar Hero, in the sense that although you can have fun playing by yourself, the real fun is in a friend there with you, even if they're just cheering you on or mocking you failing. Also, there is no sort of story mode in this particular game, and I personally quite like the cutscenes and stories from the Guitar Hero series, but that's just me, and if you really don't care about the story, then that's no problem for you obviously =)
on 8 April 2015
This was surprised at this item when it turned up. It was in better conditiin than advertised. The game itself was still in cellophane.

Gameplay started out easy tutorial. It got harder each lesson. You can come out of tutorial at any time. The game mode has levels from beginner to expert. I played the beginner level to see what it was like as I boight this for my nephew and wanted to make sure it was easy enough. I enjoyed playing it. In fact I ordered another for my son. Highly recommend for any budding JD wannabe of any age.
on 24 May 2012
Excellent game, vast selection of music, really fun to play if you're into the DJ world. I was personally surprised of the variety of DJ's featured in the game: Grand Master Flash, Jazzy Jeff, Yoda, Shadow...
On the other hand, some of the mixes aren't brilliant if you particularly find fun to play while listening to a good track.
on 9 December 2013
a good game to introduce to hero range as not as difficult to pick up for younger kids as the guitar or drum controllers, some cool song mixes and quite addictive, you can add in guitar controllers too if you have them
on 7 April 2012
I thought this game would be fun after playing guitar hero and i was deffinatley right, the turntable is well made and the game is really fun although hard at first if you carry on playing it gets really easy