5.0 out of 5 stars quality feel
Great little mouse, connects instantly.
uses blue led light for movement and has a battery status light on top which glows for a few seconds when you first switch it on.
purports to having a 10 month battery life (uses 1 AA included)
It uses a nano usb transceiver which can be stored in the bottom of the mouse.
I liked this mouse straight away, because...
Published on 27 Dec. 2010 by Mr. S. F. Rock

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Wireless Reception
I like the size and shape of this mouse but the wirelss reception is poor. My PC is on top of my desk and i have the USB receiver plugged in the back. The mouse was slow and jerky. I have since moved the receiver to the front and I have no problems. If your PC is not directly located by where you are using the mouse then i wouldn't bother with this one.
Published 17 months ago by Janine Birch-Horn

5.0 out of 5 stars quality feel, 27 Dec. 2010
Mr. S. F. Rock (South Wales, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
Great little mouse, connects instantly.
purports to having a 10 month battery life (uses 1 AA included)
It uses a nano usb transceiver which can be stored in the bottom of the mouse.
I liked this mouse straight away, because of it's quality feel.
It has 4 way scrolling (handy on my 7" net book) and a custom button on the side.
Even the on/off switch is nice to use (other makes can be tight and need nails to operate)

31st May update
Almost june 2013, so this mouse is 2.5 years old now.....
I did some battery tests of my own, but never got anywhere near 10 months
Best I ever got was 4.5 months using Energizer litium
and worst was one of those with a usb in the top of them at 20 days (but it's rechargable!)
The rubber part of the scroll wheel started to go funny a few months ago (probably my greasy fingers)
so I cut it off and it works perfectly and looks fine.
The rubber grips around the sides are just starting to go loose (I'll put some glue under that)
All in all, a great mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little mouse, does exactly what you need it to do!, 11 July 2010
S. Wilson (UK) - See all my reviews
Microsoft D5D-00004 Wireless Mobile 4000 Mouse - Black

This Mouse does exactly what it says in the item description. I have a Toshiba Notebook, which I use all over the house, can't stand the cursor touch pad so I disabled it and bought this wireless mouse. I have had the Notebook for nearly seven months and the battery in my mouse has only just needed replacing. You switch the power on at the base and switch it off when you don't need it. It's sensitive, easy to handle and will roll over anything e.g. knees, duvets, arms of chairs, you name it, it rolls over anything. I have the pink one, and have now bought the black one for my 17" Toshiba laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars The receiver is so small, it's not going to get knocked, 11 July 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
I hate USB devices that stick out such as wireless mouse receivers or 3G dongles! This one can more or less be attached to a laptop permanently as it sticks out about 8mm & can re inserted into the bottom of the mouse which can be switched off. Ideal for laptops in particular.
This mouse is symmetrical so is suitable for lefthanders such as myself. Most functions worked without installing the MS Intellimouse driver but I installed the W7 64bit version without drama. This isn't a particularly big mouse, there's an extra button on the left side that can be programmed to do almost anything as can any of the buttons. This mouse's scroll wheel is smooth & has horizontal scrolling. The mouse seems to run well on most surfaces without picking up grunge that would make movement jerky. The battery is an AA & lasts for months & months - not a loy I can add - it works fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little mouse, 27 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
Microsoft generally do a good job with their mice and this is no exception. The mouse feels well built and the action of the buttons is good with a quiet 'click'. The scroll wheel is very smooth and light and has a rubber finish which makes the side scrolling easier. The extra programmable button is well positioned for use with the thumb and is easy to locate without having to look at the mouse to find it. Both sides of the mouse have a rubberised finish with a cross-hatched pattern which feels nice to hold and improves the grip.
The wireless USB receiver is very small and can be left in a laptop without the risk of it being damaged. If you don't want to leave the receiver in your computer, the mouse has a slot on the bottom to store it. The wireless connection has proved to be reliable and I haven't had any problems with it.
If you are looking for a relatively cheap, compact wireless mouse, you won't go wrong with one of these.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Wireless Reception, 20 Sept. 2013
Janine Birch-Horn "Janine" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little mouse, 6 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
Before buying this I had also purchased one of the Logitechs. Both are good - the Logitech is a little more ergonomic with a shape that fits into the curve of the palm. The microsoft has a nice rubbery grip though not as form fitting. The Microsoft really does work on almost any surface - I even used it on my jeans! The little slot for carrying the transmitter is neat - it also serves as a reminder to turn off the mouse. Good buy overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST, 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
I wanted a portable mouse to go with my new laptop. This mouse kicks butt - it feels so lovely in my hand and the left click button is so soft and when you press it it feels cushioned from behind so it's almost effortless. The best part is the tiny USB adapter, it doesn't have to be removed and I can can switch the mouse itself on and off when it's not in use. There is also a clever little "home" for the USB adapter in the mouse itself for handy travel if so desired. Great buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 for Business, 28 Jan. 2012
Mrs. Janet M. Williams (Sittingbourne, Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
What a result! a marvellous buy!

I was looking for a new mouse for my laptop as I don't get on with my touch pad, my old mouse was giving up - the buttons weren't working properly anymore. I had bought a couple of cheap Logitek ones but they weren't up to the job! I needed one for left handed use, and the Logitek ones wouldn't let me change the buttons. Anyway back to this one. The mixed reviews did worry me, but after looking at the various ones & their reviews I decided to try this one.

The buttons are lovely and soft to press, not too hard and don't need a hard, heavy handed press, just a nice gentle press. The back button on the side is just in the right place for your wedding ring finger (remember I'm left handed) you just press it with the side of your finger, it just takes a bit of getting used to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little piece of hardware, 9 Sept. 2010
Mr. Vikas Sagar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
I found this mouse very useful as I travel a lot. The trasmitter is very small, allowing you to leave it plugged in your laptop without any risk of breaking it. The transmitter hides in the unit itself it you choose not to leave plugged in.

This works on all kinds of surfaces where ordinary optical mouse fails. I tried it on the carpet and worked smooth. I can't comment on battery life as only been using it for couple of weeks, but I think it'll last long.

The design is excellent, fits perfectly in the hand if you are using any gel mouse pad etc. The price is also good.

Overall a perfect small gadget for your laptop if you are a traveller like me.

5.0 out of 5 stars pure pleasure to use, 23 Aug. 2010
R. Wilson (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black (Accessory)
Exellent device ,comfortable in hand,nano usb , almost disappears in netbook or laptop, it does disappear into mouse, where it is safe and to hand , no/off switch conserves battery

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000 - Black