5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 7 Aug 2008
Mr. Nigel Smith (Doha, Qatar) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
I had never heard of Ingrid Michaelson until I came across her track, "Keep Breathing" on Grey's Anatomy. That (fantastic) song led me, after a few searches, to this album, and what a great album it is!

They are all really catchy tunes, with quirky lyrics to keep everything interesting. Each one follows a similar style, but they are all unique in their own way.

More high brow than K. T Tunstall, and more long lasting than Norah Jones. A highly prized addition to my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely stunning., 17 Mar 2008
This review is from: Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
Following on from previous review, this album is unbelievably beautiful. Her voice is distinctive, and lyrics original and inspiring. Can't see myself listening to anything else for the forseeable future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite album this year, 16 April 2010
James Waddell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
This album's quirky charm will get under your skin, snuggle up to your heart and dare you not to love it. Think KT Tunstall's kooky indie chick sister, with catchier songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 18 May 2009
This review is from: Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
This is an album that grows on you...some songs are more immediate than others, but I can honestly say it's one of my favourite albums ever and I've listened to it countless times.

It's full of both lovely, pretty, positive songs, such as the amazing opener "Die Alone" ('I never thought I could love anyone but myself / I never thought I could love anyone / But you make me feel like maybe I won't die alone') "The Way I Am", "The Hat" and "Overboard". It also has it's sadder, darker but beautiful moments though, with the stunning "Glass" (which contains the heartbreaking lyrics 'rolled around on kitchen floors / tied my tongue in pretty bows with yours / and now we meet on the street / and I am blind / I cannot find the heart I gave to you' and 'sometimes what we think we really love we don't'), "Starting Now" (one of the best break-up songs I've ever heard, and what first hooked me onto Ingrid's music), "Corner Of Your Heart" and "December Baby" (very sad but poignant lyrics here too: 'you have had your fill, your fill of me' and 'how can I catch up when I don't want to? / How can I catch up when I still want you?') Her vocals are flawless and she has very clever vocal and instrumental arrangements.

Ingrid Michaelson is one of the most talented female singer-songwriters around at the moment. I couldn't recommend this album enough; it is pretty much perfect. Definitely invest in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Singer - Brilliant Songs, 25 Oct 2007
This review is from: Girls & Boys (Audio CD)
The best album I've heard all year!
(See the US site for more reviews)

Girls and Boys