5.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessory
Published on 13 May 2011 by Bob P

3.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but solid
I have previously bought the cheaper Chinese 12v adapters for my bike, and wired them straight onto the battery. The cap fell off it and the quality wasn't great so when my new bike came with an optimate connector I bought one of these instead.

Published 6 months ago by Matt O

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Accessory, 13 May 2011
Bob P (Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OPTIMATE 3 AND 4 CIGAR SOCKET LEAD WITH WHITE TM CONNECTOR PART NUMBER TM68
I've finally been able to plug my tyre compressor in to the bike as opposed to using the car socket. This has made it safer for me, for the sake of a relatively low cost part. Does exactly what it says it will do. People have complained about the cable being too short, but for me it's too long. All I need is a socket under my seat, and the length of cable just sits there coiled up and eating space. Still, can't have everything we want! GOOD PIECE OF KIT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, no hassle power outlet., 9 April 2011
Dr. Peter J. Coleman "pcoleman16" (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I ride a BMW R1200GS which has a Canbus electronics management system. All fine - except that it won't take a load of more than 5A before it trips. Thus, using the accessory plug sockets that come with the bike can be a bit of a lottery. I keep the bike on an Optimate all the time via permanently installed lead on the battery, so it was a bit of a no-brainer to buy one of these sockets. This socket allows me to connect many different accessories - but most importantly, not to trip the canbus!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bulky but solid, 11 Jun 2014

They are basically twice the price of cheaper ones but they are much better quality and feel like they will last longer. Only issue is the socket is slightly bulkier than the cheaper ones, but this is indicative of the build quality. I tuck mine under the seat and its great for occasional use.

Overall, it IS better than cheaper ones but not sure if its worth twice the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really well, 22 Dec 2013
Item arrived well packaged and in a short time, it works on my motor bike to power up my phone/sat-nav, it has a very straight forward plug in system at both ends. My bike is pre-wired to take the male plug, and the lead is long enough to reach the tank pouch where it sits out of the weather. It allows me to keep the phone charged all the time, the sat/nav tends to run the battery down very quickly. The socket takes any 12v lead to power what ever you want to run off the bike battery. Would recommend both the seller and the item, well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optimate 3 and 4 cigar socket, 12 April 2013
Would recommend to my friends, bought this item for my motorbike to work my Sat Nav,works like a dream, met all my expectations

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Standard and Service, 13 Feb 2013
Researched it, ordered it,it arrived safely, what I expected to a standard I expected, a standard of service I expect and demand, I am happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect gift for your bike, 3 Feb 2013
My husband loved this little gadget, he found it perfect for connecting his electric tyre pump and sat nav to the bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of equipment, 15 Mar 2010
This is ideal for those who wish to charge electrical items whilst the bike is running without the need to attach various cables from the battery. My bike came with the Optimate connection attached under the seat and his connects perfectly with the Plug Lead. The cigarette lighter end is a bit bulky, but that is to be expected considering the type of plug that needs to go into that.

I run this using a USB cigarette lighter charger and connect by iPhone so I can charge it on the go. The cable length is about 90cms, so the majority of the cable sits in my tank bag with the phone attached sitting in the map pocket running TomTom.

The only downside of this product is that my bike will probably become a universal phone charging station at the next bike rally.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Cable, 15 Jan 2010
AndyL (Cambridgeshire/ Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
I have a permanantly wired Optimate connection on my bike so that I don't have to take it apart just to fit a trickle charger and am using this with a Solar Charger that has a Cigarette lighter output to connect it whilst I make a more weather proof and less Heath-Robinson lead. It works but I don't believe that the connector is weather proof when something is connected - If I was using this to power an accessory I would want to hide it in a Fairing cubby hole (Not that the Ninja would have anywhere big enough but a Deauville might).

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug and play. As simple as that, 29 Sep 2009
Mad Biker (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I already had a fused waterproof connection installed on my bike for an optimate 3 charge.

With this accessory lead, I can now plug it into the pre-wired charger lead and hey presto, I have a trailing 12 volt cigar outlet available to me.

Please note that this is a trailing socket and does not have a panel fitting kit. The cable length is 0.9 metres (90 centimetres).

When in use, the socket lies in my tank bag and powers my sat nav.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›