on 8 December 2009
I used this backpack for a 5 day hike of the Ridgeway. It's a nice roomy pack, and the bottom pouch was a perfect fit for my sleeping bag. The external side pockets are really good - the ones on my last pack had dodgy zips and didn't hold much. The walking pole straps are very handy and the compression straps work well.

The built in raincover got tested a couple of times and worked perfectly.

I was carrying a lot of weight on this trip, but the straps and back support padding were incredibly comfortable, I was really impressed. I was wearing this pack with all the weight for about 12 hours a day of walking and finished the trip without any aches caused by the pack.

The only down-side is that the stitching on one of the adjustment straps on the back support section came apart. I've since sewn this back together and it seems to be fine now. Hopefully this experience is the exception and not the rule, because this is otherwise a sound pack and I'm very happy with my purchase.
on 28 September 2010
I bought this rucksack for my 9 month trip and I couldn't be more satisfied. It's very sturdy so it survived everything from Guatemalan chicken bus roofs to multi-day hikes in snowy Patagonia. I travelled with 12kg-15kg (20kg at the end) of equipment and have a lower back problem but I never felt any discomfort due to the backpack form.

The main body can be divided in two parts (upper and lower) and the lid has a lot of space in it as do the side pockets. It comes with a big rain cover that doesn't tear and it can cover the whole pack - not just the front - so that you don't have to worry about aeroplane travel because you can pull it over the straps+hip belt also.

The best thing about this backpack has to be the back: it's without a doubt one of the most comfortable rucksacks to carry around. The padded hip belt sits well on your hips and the back is reinforced with an aluminium frame that fits the female form perfectly. The straps are comfortable and adjustable. When full the Panther has a 'tube' form, that way you don't bump into people with the side of your pack on crowded buses/streets.

IN SHORT:
- plenty of space + enough straps/hooks to strap things on it
- it's impossible to tear anything on this backpack
- my stuff never got wet even without the rain cover
- my back never hurt
on 23 June 2010
It's an excellent rucksack for short camping trips, I found the adjustable back to be perfect for transferring weight from the shoulders to the hips.
on 8 May 2010
Excellent bag...fits on overhead locker in aircraft, (not sure about the official baggage tester frame at airports, but fine if you check-in online!!!)and carries enough for trip, yet not so big , and not so small. well thought-out compartments. Very good buy.
on 18 July 2011
Yet to use the pack but am taking it with me on an around the world trip and only heard good things about it. Had it personally recommended to me by a friend who used one on his travels around Aisa. Lets see how she handles.......