5.0 out of 5 stars Literary Excellence!
Published on 21 Jan. 2012 by Louise M

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept - weak ending
On the whole I enjoyed this book. It does raise some interesting ideas alongside an enjoyable and fast moving storyline. I read it quickly, so its definitly a page turner - but everything was leading to the "big" finish and I felt when you got there it was a bit of a let down...the hints of romance didn't work for me and as for the Elton John bit ... cringe!
Published on 28 Jan. 2012 by Tubs

5.0 out of 5 stars Literary Excellence!, 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
I'm not usually a huge fan of new age thrillers but from the very beginning of this novel I was hooked! What initially appears to be a fairly simple thriller quickly becomes a tale of so many twists and turns that it almost makes you dizzy. Literary drama at its best, well written with a hint of plausibility thrown in for good measure. It takes the idea of conspiracy theories to a whole new level and leaves the reader considering exactly what the governments of the world are attempting to keep from us!

I thought it was certainly comparable with Dan Brown's Di Vinci Code and to be honest I found it more enjoyable and far more addictive. I find it quite hard to believe that such a great book is so amazingly cheap!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great page turner of a book, 10 Jan. 2012
Steven Aitchison "Steven Aitchison" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
Right from the start the book sucks you into a world of intrigue and mystery, I couldn't get enough of the first 1/3rd of the book. It then starts to slow a little before picking back up in the last 1/3rd.

I thought the characters were great and loved the main characters 'Spence' and 'Michael Walker' whom I saw being played by Sandra Bullock and 'John Malkovich', in my minds eye.

I have not given it 5 stars as it was a little too perfect and a little contrived at times, however overall a great way to spend time, and get the old brain cells working for a change.

This would be a great movie it was fleshed out a little more.

Already bought the second instalment and looking forward to reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awakening, 18 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
From the start of the book i was hooked and couldn't put it down, there are no murders,just a hint of darkness that is within us all. This is a book about the evolution of the human race and the science that might speed us along, I for one can't wait for the next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 11 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
The story is captivating and very well written. It's the kind of book that entertain you, uplift your mood and nearly impossible to put it down before the end! As soon as I finished this book I bought and read the sequel that I finished even faster... I can't wait for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars This was a great read, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
I enjoy most things mystical and inspirational, combine this with an intense story line, brilliant characterization and captivating writing and well you have me hooked!. This was a great read. This is the best novel I've read in a very long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars A BESTSELLER FOR A REASON, 26 April 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
I found this book when looking up noted titles on an Amazon Kindle list. I determined that, if it's a bestseller, it must be worth a go. After downloading it, I picked it up casually and then found that I couldn't put it down. The book is the proverbial page-turner. This is a superbly written psychological thriller with nods to science fiction, mysticism and religion. I have been thinking about the messages in the book long after I read it. Though not one to like effusive book reviews, I can highly recommend this title. I have also now read A Family Reunion (The First Charon Family Adventure) and Family Business (The Second Charon Family Adventure) which are books by one of the authors (Pennington) and they are just as well crafted as Fourth Awakening, hitting at a different genre but still appealing to a clever reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just couldn't put this down, 7 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
Wow! Cliché but I just couldn't put this down. I think if you were a fan of Dan Browns Da Vinci code you would like this but I have to admit I found this easier to read and more enjoyable and I really enjoyed the ending. So often books are let down by a dwindling ending but not so for the Fourth Awakening. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars The fourth awakening, an awesome read, 8 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Kindle Edition)
I have to say that this for me was an incredible read!!
Every once in a while, an absolute gem of a book comes
Along that immediately hooks you and can be life changing!!
For me, the fourth awakening is it. It puts so much into perspective.
Life is so hectic, aggressive, people lose their spark, and don't know how
To get back. With a totally gripping story,a ton of life lessons and tools to use,
I 100% recommend The fourth awakening!! And at this price, how can you not!! :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting concept - weak ending, 28 Jan. 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary book, 30 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Fourth Awakening (Paperback)
This book was recomended to me by my wife who passed over sixteen months ago, through a medium whom I had a one to one reading with, on reading this book I realised that although the book is based on fiction the content closely follows the teaching of mediumship which I,am studying.
I was amazed that my wife had recomended it but understood why immediately, it gave me inspiration to continue on my spiritual pathway, which I,am sure is what she intended.
Once I had started to read this book I couldnt put it down I just kept on reading until I had finished it, I would highly recommend this book to anyone, it is brilliant, a must read.

The Fourth Awakening