4.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter while travelling
I bought this so I could be fully charged and connected while travelling.

Published on 1 Nov 2010 by Colin Westwater

Australian friends stayed with us here in the UK at Christmas but they'd forgotten to bring an Australian -> UK travel adapter which prevented them from using their laptop. No problem, I thought, I'll order you one on Amazon. The Skross 'World Travel Adapter 2' seemed to tick all of the boxes when I read the reviews here on Amazon.

The item duly arrived and...
Published on 7 Jan 2012 by Paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Great adapter while travelling, 1 Nov 2010
Colin Westwater "Cosby" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this so I could be fully charged and connected while travelling.

The adapter lets you convert basically any power plug to any other. I have used it in the US and Europe to convert my UK power plug to the local power converter. While in the US you can pop off the cap and use the twin USB charger at the same time. So overnight I could charge my laptop, and also charge an HTC Desire and iPhone (using the appropriate USB cables) using the USB adapter.

If I could change one thing, it would be the dual USB charger adapter cap. You can only use this independently while in the US as it will only plug directly into that type of two prong socket. If you want to use the USB charger in the UK you need to plug it into the body of the main adapter. I suppose this is to save space due to the bulky UK plug.

Anyway, it's the only adapter I travel with now. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great unit - but be CAREFUL if you want to use Australian plugs!!, 7 Jan 2012
Paul (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)

The item duly arrived and we came to connect their 3-pin Australian plug into the device only to find that Skross have allowed only for 2-pin Australian plugs!!!

We then had to purchase an additional 3-pin to 2-pin adapter which connects into the top of the Skross unit (so we now have laptop -> 3-pin to 2-pin adapter -> Skross Adapter).

The fact that this item is called the 'World Travel' adapter is disappointing if the very first device we attempt to connect into it can't be plugged in!!

I hope you're listening, Skross!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a world travel adapter - beware the inaccurate description!, 4 April 2014
Very unimpressed. Does not fit: any grounded device from North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, any large bore European plugs, any device from China, India, Australia or New Zealand. Also, mine broke after just 4 days. I assume it was a blown fuse - it's easy to change but when it is not compatible with half the devices out there, why bother? Returned it for a refund.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they claimed, 29 May 2013
Simon Hughes (Chester, England) - See all my reviews
I read carefully before purchase, and took encouragement from the reviews and details supplied. Took it to China and India where it didn't manage to fit any socket I used. Doesn't handle Chinese 3 pin nor India 3 pin. The offices and hotels I was in did take multi country plugs as standard thank god, so UK 3 pin worked fine. I feel the 'World Travel' claim is a bit misleading.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed in 4 days!, 26 Sep 2014
This review is from: Skross World Travel Adapter 2 With Dual USB Charger. Swiss Designed For Safety And Quality. Charge iPads, iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys And Other USB Devices In Over 150 Countries. As Stocked By Major World Airlines (Electronics)
Failed in a week!

Unfortunately I am half way round the world and the one travel plug I brought into the middle of nowhere has failed. I know a few other reviewers have had similar experiences but the bulk of reviews were good so I decided to go for it. Clearly a big mistake. Managed to source a replacement fuse but that's not the issue.

Wasn't even like I was using a high wattage appliance, I've been using it to charge a mobile phone and an iPad.....

I'm now 50 miles from any kind of electrical store with no way to charge my tech.

I'd strongly advise anyone travelling to remote destinations to avoid this and get something more solid and reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 27 Aug 2013
I bought this to take to Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand, it worked really well, I particularly like the fact that the usb plug is detachable with a 2 pin, and you can charge 2 usb devices at once. I ended up lending it to other people as their adapters were either too heavy to stay in the socket or didn't work

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made but........, 25 April 2014
This adaptor is very very well made BUT as soon as my wife plugged in her hair dryer ( admittedly set to Hades Heat and Hurricane Force Blower ) the thing promptly fused. It's obvious that people use these things for hair dryers etc whilst on holiday. In truth I could not be bothered with the faff of sending it back so I simply purchased a 5A mini fuse for 50p, so far all is well.
Also the twin USB charger does not seem to pump out enough power to charge 2 Ipads overnight although one is fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as advertised, 15 Dec 2011
Great buy, works fine with my macbook pro. Would recommend. The build quality is sturdy and the USB accessory is very handy for muliple charge, although I'm not sure if this is recommended by the manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 16 Sep 2011
Elias Gudiño (Venezuela) - See all my reviews
Well build, I bought it to charge my ipod and it does the job, so far I have only use it with the ipod touch and it works perfectly.

1.0 out of 5 stars wow, what a piece of shit., 27 July 2014
CEE 7/7 plug (i.e. the standard pins on power adapters for e.g. laptops wont fit in this. BS 4573 Plugs or smaller only.

So, buy this if you intend on using it for USB charging (in which case there are better, cheaper options out there), or only if all your electronics come with the "slim" pins. Else you can't plug it - at most, you can force it in half-way and get it stuck and damage the surrounding plastic at the plugs, like I did. Yeay. Waste of money.