4.0 out of 5 stars What a nice bright light., 6 Jun 2010
This review is from: High Vision Reading Lamp - Floor Model (Kitchen & Home)
High Vision Reading Lamp - Floor Model
The instructions for this lamp are very 'general' they seem to apply to all lamps made by this company and you have to pick the bits out that apply to your lamp. Having previously built a mother and baby lamp (with the help of a friend (thanks Lester))I was a bit more aware of the pitfalls.
In two places in the poles where you use the alum key to screw the pole together there is a slight indentation in the poles where the little plastic screw goes in and if you don't line these up before screwing the poles together you will not get a tight fit. (I had previously read a review of a similar lamp where the person had ended up with a 'wobbly' pole, this may have been the problem) These instructions have been added at the bottom of the page, so if like me you only read the first part of the instructions you may miss this bit. Also, my instructions said (assembly 5.)"Pass cord and cord terminal thru hole in base,connect male and female plug in the bottom and secure assembly to base", this was already done but it took me a couple of minutes to figure out that the male and female parts were already connected.
The above was the reason I only gave four stars, as the lamp itself is very sturdy and nice and bright.

4.0 out of 5 stars High Vision Reading Lamp - Floor Model, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: High Vision Reading Lamp - Floor Model (Kitchen & Home)
This was a gift for my son in law who was very pleased with it.
Because I didn't see it in use myself, I am not in a position to give it five stars.
What I was pleased with was the ease of ordering it and the promptness with which it arrived. Thank you

ARRAY(0xb5a1680c)