5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you., 6 Oct 2009
M. J. Axtell "Jimmy Luxury" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music from Sunshine & 28 Days Later (MP3 Download)
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I love Amazon for many reasons, namely getting my stuff to me on time in perfect working condition. But this one truly takes the cake.

For a long time now, I have loved the film Sunshine. Yes, it does have it's flaws, but that hasn't stopped me from watching it god knows how many times. I guess it's the extraordinary tale of those astronauts who's story will never be heard that really got to me. To me, the film is about what happens when very hard choices need to be made under extraordinary circumstances, and this score seems to add much gravity to the consequences of those choices.

For a while I have been trying to pick up the soundtrack, but one track in particular. Track one on this mini album. Don't bother previewing it, instead look for it on youtube. There have been a great deal of online petitions trying to get this soundtrack out, and although this is not a complete soundtrack, it will do for me.

This is quite possibly the most stirring piece of classical scoring I have ever heard, and when heard in context with the film, you will be glad Amazon has this track.

I can't describe it any better than that. Watch the film. It's on the bit where two crew members are coming back from their space walk.

Thank you amazon and whoever got this score released. 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 26 May 2012
Mr. D. Mullaney (Newcastle, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music from Sunshine & 28 Days Later (MP3 Download)
The two songs are both so incredibly brilliant in totally different ways. The Sunshine track to me, is a portrayal of hope in the face of an impossible situation, and making the best of it. Whilst the 28 Days track almost stirs up feelings of complete desolation, hopelessness. The contrast is brilliant. It must be said though, I think whilst you don't need to see 28 Days Later or Sunshine to fully appreciate the scores; it will most certainly add an emotional connection to the tracks.