Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 July 2012
Since purchasing this disc i have,nt played anything else in the car for weeks,I,ve become addicted to this easy
listening music.Being a fan of the band Arcade Fire I think there are similarities in the sounds.There is,nt a
track that i dont like.I hope they do a tour of UK and come to Cardiff,love to see them live
on 22 June 2012
Brought this album as heard Hollow Talk song from series of The Bridge and really loved the song, there are a few good songs on here, different to what I have heard before, but as with every album, you need to listed to it a few times, but really like it and have no regrets buying it.
on 22 July 2013
I initially bought this record for the theme to the TV series The Bridge, a musically haunting number with the added strangeness of
english lyrics being sung by someone with a strong nordic accent. This gave the number a whole other world quality.
Unfortunately the rest of the album consisted of much lighter weight bouncy pop numbers with the exception of one or two somewhat dirgy numbers. Hence I gave it away to someone else to see if appealed to them.
on 26 April 2014
Like everyone else I bought this because I'd been watching The Bridge. Nice to hear that track in it's entirety, but there's plenty of other good stuff on the album. I've listened 4-5 times now and there's plenty to engage me, and it grows with every listen. Not sure if they are religious nuts, but if they are they don't foist it on the listener.
on 29 July 2012
I expect I'm not alone in being drawn to this CD by The Bridge. After quite a few episodes I realised that I liked the theme tune and that the band was named and so I took the plunge and bought this. At first I didn't like the album apart from Hollow Talk but after a few plays it grows on you. It is quite subdued with a melancholy feel to it and so don't listen to it when feeling suicidal. Even after many listenings Hollow Talk is still the best track. Haunting is very much the best word to describe it because apart from its atmospheric sound it conjures up images of dead bodies brutally slain from the show. Of the remainder of the album my favourite is probably Yamagata with its gentle, ethereal soundscape. Action / Reaction is also worth mentioning as the only slightly upbeat track on the album.
on 14 February 2014
I had just about given up on anything modern until discovering this album. Not only did it remind me of Talk Talk's wonderful "Spirit of Eden" album in parts but also The Moody Blues as well. This is one CD I'll be playing in the car for sometime to come.
on 11 January 2016
I have been trying to get this album since I had the first series of The Bridge, and determined to get it after it was used as a theme music in series three. Unusual music "Hollow talk" is the theme and I hope that the rest of the album will grow on me also.Good value for money if you like the music.John (Not easy to obtain,it said only one copy available when I ordered it ,I believe) John
on 9 January 2016
Missing the program' The Bridge' and loving the theme music 'Hollow Talk 'I ordered this CD.
It is very good & reminiscent of the' Fleet Foxes' moments of 'A'HA' by the lead singer & hauntingly beautiful with a blend of Ppp/ Rock/Orchestral
Love it!
on 6 May 2014
Having heard this group through the usual channel (BBC 4) I purchased their 2nd album Rhine Gold on the strength of it's better reviews. I really enjoy that album so decided to go for this one and like it just as much. Can't stop playing them both!
on 1 July 2013
Sorry, right before I started this review I heard Gary Oldman's voice in the Fifth Element crying out "Disappointed!", which is how I felt after listening to this album, having my hopes raised listing to the opening music of the brilliant series "The Bridge". As more have stated, unfortunarely it's by far the best number on the album, the rest is pretty mediocre with occiasional bouts of inspired creativity, but mostly pretty predictable within its own alternative music niche and his voice is sort of annoying after a while, like listening to coldplay too often (that is more than once).