Format: Audio CD|Change

on 24 January 2011
I'm ashamed to admit that I only discovered Robb Johnson a few months ago (as a result of hearing the wonderful 'Liberty Tree' - the album he recorded with Leon Rosselson), but after hearing this brilliant four disc album I'm now a firmly committed disciple and searching out his live gigs where I can behave like a sad little groupie.

You wouldn't mistake Johnson for a monarchist; or any other kind of apologist for our ruling classes.

I like almost every song on all four of these discs - which takes a bit of doing. The tunes are superb, the lyrics range from funny to angry and outraged and are often deeply thought-provoking, and Johnson has a great voice for folk song - which is the style of most of the tracks; and you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night with his tunes running through your mind.

This is a great album and worth every penny. Buy it now.