5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning the travalo atomiser
Having read many reviews of this product before buying it, I found a common theme that many customers were finding. CLEANING THE ATOMISER. So I decided to email the company themselves, and find out if it was possible to clean it. They replied to me within minutes, and this is what they came up with.

1) Spray all your perfume out then fill it with new perfume...
Published on 14 Jun 2010 by Z. Manning

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a 'Travalo'
I ordered this as a gift for a friend. I already have a genuine Travalo which came in high quality packaging. This arrived without any Travalo branding, in a flimsy cardboard box. I was embarrassed to hand it over. It should not be branded as Travalo and it is not.
Published 17 months ago by C. L. Briscoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaning the travalo atomiser, 14 Jun 2010
Z. Manning (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews

1) Spray all your perfume out then fill it with new perfume and the old
smell fades within about 3-4 sprays.

2)Or put some water and a touch of nail varnish remover into an old
perfume bottle and put through Travalo and spray out.

3) Or go into local pharmacy and get small spray bottle (normally in travel
section) that has a nozzle compatible with Travalo. Fill this with water
and nvm and put through Travalo and spray out.

I found this extremely helpful, and have now bought one in pink, which I think is lovely. And I highly recommend to everyone.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a 'Travalo', 24 Jun 2013
C. L. Briscoe "trufftom" (Solihull, West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that is so easy to use, 20 July 2009
After somehow losing the spray part of an expensive and almost full bottle of perfume, I went on the search for an atomiser and even before looking was already dreading having to fill the item up. Memories of the problems I endured with the funnel type of atomiser disappeared when I saw the Travalo. I hate anything fiddly or difficult to use but with this, I simply placed it over the nozzle, pumped it for seconds, kept an eye on the handy little window to see how much was in there, and then it was ready to be used. No mess, no fuss and so simple to use. I took it to a wedding on the weekend and everyone who saw it was impressed. It really is small and even though you can buy atomisers that hold more perfume, I used mine numerous times on the weekend and there is still quite a bit of perfume left. It should fit in even the smallest of handbags.

I'm really pleased with the item and can't believe that it actually is as easy to use as the adverts state. I bought the pink one which looks really good and I think I might invest in another one. The only feature I'm not so keen on is the plastic spray nozzle. Personally I think it would have looked better if it was made of metal but it's a minor complaint and certainly not something that particularly distracts from the actual item.

5.0 out of 5 stars travalo perfume atomiser, 26 Dec 2010
K. Binns "Maid Marian" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
My daughter -in- law who travels a lot for her work was delighted with the travalo

I gave her as a 'stocking filler'. Neither of us had seen them previously and consider them an excellent accessory!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little gadget, 15 Aug 2010
Delighted with this product. Very slim and compact for carrying in even the smallest bag, a great travel accessory.
Very easy to fill. Not sure about cleaning for re-using with a different perfume, but not so expensive that you can't purchase several for favourite perfumes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Without equal., 29 Jun 2010
M. P. OKeefe "martinphilipokeefe" (London, England.) - See all my reviews
The Travalo is an excellent atomiser, holding a fairly decent amount of perfume and it really is as easy as it's stated here. The amount of great reviews here should be enough to confirm it but it's a really clever little item. If you have the spray top perfumes then it's definately worth using this and leaving other atomizers for the non EDT bottles.

It looks neat, feels nice in the hand and the fact that you can easily check the level of the perfume at a quick glance is another selling point as you should never run out.

5.0 out of 5 stars No mess, no spills - So impressed I'm going to buy another!, 7 Mar 2010
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I recently bought one of these on the strength of the reviews and can't believe just how easy it is to use. It's the approximate size of a slim lipstick and holds 4ml of perfume. What's different about this atomizer is the valve on the bottom that you fill by.

It's so easy to decant from a full size bottle of perfume;

*Just take the sprayer off your perfume bottle
*Place the Travalo upright with the fill valve against the bottle nozzle (with the window of the atomizer facing you)
*Press the atomizer up and down on the nozzle watching the level through the window until filled.

The only negative points appear to be that it's only suitable for filling from a spray bottle and is difficult to wash out if you want to fill it with a different perfume. Did try filling with water and a mild soap and then spraying out...then leaving on the radiator for a couple of days until I couldn't see any more condensation through the window and it seemed to work OK as there was no trace of the old perfume when I re-filled it. To be honest it was more hassle than it was worth and at the price these sell for it's just as easy to buy another if you want to fill with a different perfume.

Takes no time at all, no mess, no spills and an ideal size for your handbag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Answer to my prayers :), 20 Feb 2010
buy-it-try-it (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I travel about a fair bit for work and also for play, so I'm used to carrying a bottle of perfume in my handbag as well as everything else. Years ago I had a small glass refillable atomiser but it died and I never found one I liked to replace it. Browsing on amazon I came across this one, which truly hits the spot for me. It's small, light, robust, and I filled it in a few seconds from a large bottle of expensive perfume which I hadn't been able to use since I lost the top off the spray mechanism. Perfect! The travalo wants you to remove the cap to expose the little "spike" nozzle, so I'm in business again with that particular perfume.

For me, that justified the travalo's cost straight away, so much so in fact that I have ordered 2 more. This lovely little accessory will be my "gift of choice" for all the girlies I know in 2010.
Some other reviewers have mentioned not being able to flush out and refill; that's true, but I never had much success doing this with my old atomiser anyway. Perfume is designed to be long lasting and "cling" so better to gradually acquire a new travalo for each scent as funds permit. Anyway, you wanted an excuse to buy all those colours :).

5.0 out of 5 stars great customer service!, 1 Nov 2010
D. Bird (Sunderland, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this a while ago and loved it, so handy to pop into the smallest of handbags. Unfortunately I lost the nozzle, and contacted Travelo direct to see if I could get a replacement. Their response was great and they have sent me a new nozzle so I can continue to use my atomiser. I would certainly recommend this product not only because it's so nifty but also because the company know how to treat their customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious, 30 July 2010
Small, light, practical and best of all -- no mess!
Takes seconds to fill. It really is a lovely little thing.

Travalo Easy Refill Travel Perfume Atomizer Spray Bottle in Bold Gold