5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots
Published on 29 Oct 2010 by London Lass

2.0 out of 5 stars Not grip proof!!
Published on 22 Dec 2011 by Nora

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, 29 Oct 2010
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
In short : waterproof, snug and comfortable to wear, with a good grip. I was nervous about whether or not they'd fit me (I am a standard UK size 5) but they fitted me fine. Plus the length of the boot will allow you to tuck in skinny jeans and/or leggings if you want to keep them warm and dry. The toggle bit at the front is just a fancy bit of a fashion `frou frou' but can easily be adapted to be tucked out of the way. They do take a bit of getting used to putting on and taking off (due to the amount of lacing!) but all the better for giving you a good fit to your own foot/ankle. I would highly recommend these boots to anyone else looking to purchase a `proper' pair of walking shoes that will see them through the winter - and beyond.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm and cosy, 9 Jan 2010
J. Waters (West Yorkshire, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
These boots arrived very quickly, within 48 hours of placing the order. They are so comfy and warm and excellent for walking in the snow and slush. My only warning, and it's a very mild one, would be that they are a bit of a snug size 7. I'm between a 6.5 and a 7 so they fit just right, but other than that they're brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 4 Dec 2010
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
These boots arrived from UK to Ireland within three days during the worst snowfall this year with most airports closed half the time, so brilliant delivery time. They fit perfectly, are really warm and comfy and I was able to go out in the icy conditions without slipping once. Best buy ever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not grip proof!!, 22 Dec 2011
Nora (Finland, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
I only use comfortable shoes that fits perfectly, I don't like too small shoes where your toes are aching. I am size UK 6 and I ordered UK 6 and the shoes fit perfectly. I have a little bit wide feet and these boots are very comfy, they are not too tight! They are very warm but not slip proof. In fact, if there is ice on the road you cannot walk safely with these. I cannot use these boots in a climat like this one (northern Europe), because there is ice on the road almost the whole winter. These are good as long as there is no ice (= in the beginning and ending the winter season). I would advise precaution when purchasing these. There are lots of boots that are grip proof, but these are not! If you are searching a grip proof boots, these are not your choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boots for the harshest winter in the last 10 years, 10 Jan 2010
Floody (Hertfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
These boots are wonderful and pretty stylish too. They were a very superior replacement for my old boots and have kept my feet warm and dry in pretty harsh conditions. I would certainly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are brilliant!, 29 Dec 2009
Mrs. PJ Taylor (Reading UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Given the wintry conditions over the last couple of weeks, it's especially important to have footwear that can cope with a range of conditions, from torrential rain to deep snow. These boots are very warm, comfy and stylish. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 7 Dec 2010
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
Delivery of the boots was expected on 3rd Dec, they actually arrived on 7th. However, as we had a foot of snow which only began to thaw at the weekend and major travel disruptions over the south-east I actually think that this was pretty good delivery!
The boots themselves - wow! these are serious boots! I can only give first impressions of course, hence the 4 stars, 'cos they only came today but first impressions are very good! I've had them on for the last hour or so and don't want to take them off. The insole is Thinsulate which is comfy and warm without making the foot over-heat, and the rest of the boot (i.e. the leg and foot) is fur-lined, very cosy.
The laces are very long and thick, which is great because it enables you to pull them in to perfect the fit. There's an extra lace too, near the top, which enables you to pull in the top of the boot to prevent rain/snow going inside.
The boots are described as waterproof, they feel very sturdy and have the most incredible rugged, 'non-slip' soles that feel thick and 'the business'. I'll be wearing them outside tomorrow, walking on the thick ice that still covers our pavements and residential roads so I'll let you know how the boots hold up compared to wellies. (My wellies have non-slip soles too, but wellies are cold and to be honest they are not all that non-slip on the ice).
I agree with previous reviewers regarding sizing - get a size bigger to your normal. My 'normal' is 5 or 5.5, so I got the 6 and it feels just right for length. Also, width - I have wide feet and usually buy E fitting shoes: the size 6 boots feel okay in the width for me but I don't think I'd want to wear socks - mind you, with all the fur-lining would you want to wear socks? If your feet are wider than mine they may feel a bit squeezed.
All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to wearing them out in the ice and snow - then I'll update this review to take that experience into account.

Update.
The boots have performed as well as expected. Thoroughly pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect winter wear, 5 Dec 2010
I had been trying to find these everywhere after reading a review about them, and they completely live up to the reviews. I just used these in the snow the last few days and they let no cold in even with just normal socks plus no water made it past the outer layer. I am very happy with this buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars warm tootsies, 31 May 2010
E. Hughes "Rugby Mum" (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely soft warm boots. Stylish and cosy, I have these in a size 5 but have just replaced them with a size 6 to allow for big socks (I am a size 5) as we are moving to a cold environment. Have taken these on skiing holidays and always had warm feet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Slip sliding away, 27 Jan 2011
This review is from: Hi-Tec Moritz 200, Womens (Apparel)
My current pair of winter boots (not Hi-Tec), which I have had for 2 yrs and have worn all the way through two severe winters for walking, needed replacing. I chose these based on customer reviews which claim to have had no problem with sliding in icy conditions. I SLID ALL THE WAY DOWN MY DRIVE. My drive is sloped so I really need boots that have proper grip. These don't. I found walking my dog very precarious as everywhere we tried to walk was covered in several inches of thick ice. I have had to order slip on spikes. They are very warm and waterproof, but not slip proof. I would advise precaution when purchasing these.

ARRAY(0xb4860174)