5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!
I love this sweater. It feels and looks marvellous! The fit is great and the arms allow for women with upper arms. I will be ordering more.
Published on 29 Nov 2010 by Louisa Maud

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short arms and body
Published 21 months ago by Mumtolittledove

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Very short arms and body, 26 Sep 2012
This review is from: Wool Overs Women's Cashmere & Merino Slinky Polo Neck Jumper (Apparel)
I bought this is the pale blue option as I wanted something to layer under another jumper/ cardigan. Unfortunately this is extremely short in the body, and also short in the sleeves too, so completely unsuitable for anyone with a long-ish body/ arms. I am 5 ft 7 and fit in most standard sized items, so this is definitely the shortest jumper I have ever come across. The body is almost a square cut. Appreciate the natural fabric in this (no nasty nylon), but it didn't feel so good against the skin either to be honest. I do wear wool next to my skin but this was verging on itchy.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!, 29 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value staples, 4 May 2013
There are a few reasons why I have two of these Woolovers polos (and will probably get another one in a different colour)

1. The retailer provides ACTUAL GARMENT MEASUREMENTS of the body length, bust width and sleeve length. I measure a well fitting cardigan or jumper that I already own and compare it with the actual garment measurements provided by Woolovers. Just a few minutes with a tape measure allows me to order a garment with just the right amount of ease. I ignore the labels S, M, L, and XL - they are just a rough guide - and I look at the information instead. For a Woolovers short sleeve scoop neck t-shirt, I take a small but I'm a large in a long length cardigan that I use as a jacket.

2. Past Customers don't pull their punches when it comes to reviews, whether you read them on the Woolovers site or here on Amazon.
There is an awful lot of information around about the fit, washing, wearing, the representation of colours, whether the jumper pills and other issues. With just a bit of research, I am in no doubt about what I am ordering.

3. The cashmere/merino fabric has the lightweight/warmth properties of a cashmere sweater combined with the 'stretch memory' of merino wool (ie it retains its shape, whereas pure cashmere can become shapeless). The drawback for some people, but not me, is that the fabric pills. After washing and drying, I remove the little bobbles with a Hemline Fabric Comb. I am not too bothered about the pilling because these polos get an awful lot of wear in cold weather.

4. There is a very good colour range, whether you are looking for a staple neutral colour or one that will pop and brighten your complexion. I love the Rich Rose colour - a blue/red, but I have the flannel grey and chocolate brown in this model. I love the fact that I can buy coordinating and complementary pieces to go with the polo.

5. The price. I think they are exceptional value.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely soft jumper, 17 Jan 2011
I bought this jumper wanting something soft and warm without the bulk; it fulfills this perfectly. It has a loose-fitting polo neck. It's not suitable for those with long arms or a long body though. The dark turquoise is a great colour. It's beautifully soft and not itchy at all. Washing instructions say it can be machine washed at 40 degrees, but wouldn't trust that as any shrinkage would mean it would be too small for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality item, 16 Feb 2012
Louis "lk28" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I just received my jumper and wore it the other day when it was cold. Lovely soft jumper and warm too - but not too warm. Sizing was just right (medium = 12/14).

I will definitely be buying something else from these sellers.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wear these a lot-Excellent value for money, 11 Dec 2013
I bought 5 of these polo after looking at them on the companies own website and reading the reviews. Everything that was previously said is accurate. Good, decent polo tops that keep one warm. Also the wide range of colours go with all my different outfits. The only downside, as previously said, is that the actual polo, around the neck comes up a bit loose. It's OK if you have a cow like neck but if you haven't got a saggy neck that you want to camaflague then you may find it loose. They also wash well on the wool cycle. I hand them to dry on a clothe horse and do not iron them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like these polos, 20 May 2013
I now have a multifarious quantity of wool overs. They are really good jumpers - good quality soft wool which washes well and I like the colours.

4.0 out of 5 stars after I changed the size I loved it, 9 May 2013
bought the x large first, was swimming in it. Sent back for the medium and now love it. Be careful to check size guide before you buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Sweater, 2 May 2013
Good price for a sweater. I was having difficulty finding the colour 'chocolate brown' on the high street, this meets my needs well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good colour, 17 April 2013
Wanted a jumper to go with a coat I bought. This was the colour I wanted and it is just perfect. I did buy a bigger size than norm and glad I did

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›