5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely base sheet
No problems with this product. Very nice sheet. Will always buy 100 cotton as polycotton tends to get bobbly.
Seller only sent me one, instead of the 2 I ordered, but I found that they were quick to rectify this problem.
Published on 14 Feb 2011 by Arcticwolf

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great
I've purchased both the duvet cover, pillowcases and the fitted sheet for the double bed. I am not particularly impressed, especially in comparison with usual "run of the mill" Sainsburys polycotton linen.
Published 15 months ago by Riding the Flow

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, 3 May 2013
This linen may be 100% 200TC cotton and all, but its pretty stiff, almost like sandpaper in feel. I guess 200 thread count is not a lie, but all I can see it achieves is making the linen thinner an more flimsy-feeling.
Also the fitted sheet feels a bit too big of a size and floppy on my matress (and again, Sainsburys one was a perfect fit, so I don't think my matress is wrongly sized).
How black colour is durable remains to seen, but due to sandpaper-y properties you will see the white spots where it did rub against your body after just two night sleeps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely base sheet, 14 Feb 2011
This review is from: Homescapes 200 Thread Count Ultrasoft - Plain Black Fitted Sheet - Single - 100% Egyptian Cotton Percale, Anti Dust Mite

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 28 Dec 2012
Mr. James A. Kane "j A Kane" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
Got a set of these for myself. Liked them so much a bought a couple more for Xmas presents.
Well worth the price

3.0 out of 5 stars 100% Average, 13 Dec 2013
LadyDDeath (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have recently purchased a complete set of Egyptian Cotton 200 Thread Count sheets (1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, 1 duvet cover & 2 pillow cases) for my new King Size, 25 cm thick Memory Foam Mattress. My first impression? 100% average. Maybe my expectations were too high, maybe the product's description was over-emphasized and uplifted my expectations to an unrealistic level, maybe what I have read about Egyptian Cotton (and trust me, I've done hours and hours of research before deciding to order) simply wasn't met by these sheets.
Whatever the case, they seemed the best option for the money (61.96 a complete set, together with the postage and packing fees), since I really wanted to buy black sheets. The order arrived quickly, so I can't complain about that. However, from the moment I started unpacking, I noticed that one of the three plastic cases with buttons (in which the sheets were neatly packed) was completely torn to pieces! I was lucky enough that the sheets weren't damaged.
Secondly, very soon afterwards, when I took a closer look at the labels sewn on the sheets, I observed that all of them stated different things than the outer package: these sheets are advertised as "Machine washable at 60 Celsius", whereas some of the inner labels read very clearly that they should be washed at a temperature no higher than 40 Celsius. Thirdly, their sewn labels read "100% Cotton", and not "Egyptian Cotton" as I would've expected. What a disappointment! This is just too amateurish: they could have bothered to fake the labels, and leave their customers with the impression - even if it would've been just placebo - that they have bought Egyptian Cotton sheets, and feel better about their purchase in the end.
But no, the label on the outer package says something ("100% Egyptian Cotton"), while the inner label speaks loud and clear: plain cotton, people! 100% plain. I cannot begin telling you how disappointed I was by these discrepancies, especially since I have also bought another set of 100% Egyptian Cotton sheets (white, 400 Thread Count, from a well known seller), and their labels stated clearly "100% Egyptian Cotton".
Some of you might think I'm overreacting. While I am aware that I tend to be over-critical sometimes, I also tend to be a rational buyer at least 95% of the times, and when I pay for Egyptian Cotton, that's what I expect to receive. 200 Thread Count or not, I wasn't interested in plain cotton sheets - I have plenty of those and I wanted to upgrade them.
Moreover, as some customers already noticed, you can literally see through them. Being "100% Egyptian Cotton", I would've expected them to be a little thicker. I mean, it's true, they keep you warm (they really do), but they are far thinner than expected. Another downside of these sheets (which I have also found mentioned by some other customers, and apparently they were true) was the smell: my God, they really smelled unbearably... I had to wash them the day I've received them, to get rid of that stench. This wasn't necessarily an issue, apart from the fact that these sheets were needed on the bed ASAP (the new bed was bigger than the old one, so none of the old bed linen fitted). They wash well, I give you that, and provided the fact that you don't use too much laundry detergent, they don't get stained at all (as black usually tends to). I have washed them at 40 C, choosing the lowest temperature of the two stammered values.
Some "technical" aspects now: the fitted sheet (elasticated all over) did not wrap up my mattress entirely, leaving a 2 cm line on one side uncovered, although both the sheet and the mattress are King Size (as I mentioned in the beginning of this review, my mattress is 25 cm thick). I have tried another fitted sheet from another company, and the other one fits perfectly. Regarding the pillow cases, they are sewn quite poorly: kind of obliquely, definitely not straight, cause I cannot get them to stay properly on the pillows.
So, to sum it up: these are comfortable sheets (one sleeps well in them), they keep you warm, being black they offer a modern look to your bedroom, they wash well (at 40 C!), and they also feel ok at touch - soft and nice, in my opinion. However, I believe I am rather indulgent by giving them 3 stars of out 5: they are thinner than expected (you can literally see through them), I tend to believe they are just plain cotton (in fact, the label itself says "100% Cotton"), they smell horrendous upon arrival and you must wash them immediately, and the general overall impression is just... average.
I can safely say I will not buy again. However, if your budget is limited and you don't want to spend more than 65 on a complete set of comfortable black sheets, then maybe these "100 Egyptian Cotton" ones are what you're looking for. In my opinion, they weren't what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 26 Sep 2013
This fitted sheet is very soft and of very good quality.
I bought two one black and one white and I am very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant item and really comfy, 4 Sep 2013
I love it, really comfy, not cheaply made, and I know some say it don't stay on the matteress very good well this is simple to over come, get the right size for your matteress they come in different depths etc and so do the covers if you get the wrong size it wont stay on simple that is not the itmes fault, very pleased with it all thank you,

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value sheet, nice and soft, 25 April 2011
P. Revill (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought two of these sheets about a year ago for my son's birthday, together with matching pillowcases and quilt covers, he was determined to have his bed all black. The items have become softer with each wash and have not faded. However I always have to wash them twice, once with the powder and then once without, because otherwise we get whitish marks left by the powder and conditioner on the fabric. Strangely enough, black can also start to look messier than lighter fabrics. Otherwise, we are quite pleased with the items.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, 23 April 2010
Egyptian cotton is the best! I find the sheet to be very comfortable and very true to its descriptions, nice to sleep on, and soft to the skin. I have a sensitive skin and ever since I changed my bed sheet with this one, I don't think I have ever complained about itchiness. Really happy with this purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars lovely set but a slight let down, 2 Jun 2014
lovely sheets and set but the undersheet has developed a patch of deep rust discoloration which may be a reaction to the washing products I use

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best quality but ok for price, 15 May 2014
Positives are the colour stays true even after several washes which is a bonus but it is a nightmare to iron and the quality isn't that great.