4.0 out of 5 stars Great if your WD my passport is less than 400GB
I bought this despite the bad reviews about size. My hard drive is a western digital 'my passport essential' 400 GB(not the new version) and it just about fits in with a squeeze. The case is fantastic, tidy and very sturdy -I would not be worried about dropping my hard drive in this case.

Definitely don't buy this if yours is bigger than 400gb or one of the new...
Published on 21 Jan 2010 by A. Neilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit Properly
I bought this for my Western Digital Hard Drive but it does not fit as suggested in it's description! The only reason I bought this item was because it said that it would fit and now it doesn't! Terrible product that does not do the job!
Published on 31 Dec 2009 by K. Nogawa

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Fit Properly, 31 Dec 2009
K. Nogawa - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Product Description Inaccurate., 31 Mar 2010
First the positive side. Order status e-mails and delivery were very prompt from iGadgitz. The product quality was also very good. Unfortunately, that's it for the good part.

I had already bought my WD Drive, so it was a simple matter to measure it and check it against the information given in the 'Technical Details' section of this item. This would ensure I had the right sized case and I would avoid the problems that many other customers had been having.

Good idea, except the measurements quoted for the product are completely inaccurate. The sizes given are 'Internal measurements 12.7cm x 8.05cm x 1.65cm', (which is perfect for my drive,) whereas they are closer to 13.6cm x 7.5cm x 1.65cm. For a small item that needs to be tightly packed, that is quite a large margin of error and presumably part of the reason why so many customers are unhappy. Regardless of the model number not being WDBAAA, the drive will not fit without being unduly forced.

Amazon need to amend the details in their web page, iGadgitz need to withdraw a faulty/incorrect batch and I will try to see if I can use my case as a door-wedge or something.

1.0 out of 5 stars Igadgitz hard case - buy elsewhere, 27 Dec 2009
J. A. Heard - See all my reviews
This case is advertised as being specifically for the Western Digital passport hard drive but on receipt it was immediateley clear the case is not wide enough for the 500gb version of this drive by approximately 10 - 15 mm. The case is a semi rigid construction and therefore does not deform easily. To get the drive to fit at all it has to be pressed into the case quite hard. Due to the semi rigid nature of the case when the drive is pressed in the edges deform and this places pressure on the zip which, being of poor quality has now also failed to remain closed on a number of occasions. This is not a tailored case for the WD drives as it suggests and I would advise others to buy elsewhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars I should have known better, 6 Jan 2010
I just bought two of these cases for my two 320 GB My Passport drives and - surprise! surprise! - they do not fit!

The technical details section for this case clearly states that it will fit model WDME3200TE (i.e. my drives) - RUBBISH! You can just about fit the drive inside the case then zip it up, but it will not fit the way it does in the picture.

However, as the saying goes, "you pay peanuts and you get monkeys"! - I should have guessed that there must be something wrong with this product by the low price. Oh, well...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great if your WD my passport is less than 400GB, 21 Jan 2010
A. Neilson - See all my reviews

Definitely don't buy this if yours is bigger than 400gb or one of the new squarer models (mine is more rectangular). Anything under and I'm sure it will be fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Case too small for new WD 500GB Drive, 10 Dec 2009
J-p Baverey "Tazzman" (London) - See all my reviews
When case arrived I found that the drive does not fit in it properly as the drive is just too wide for it.

I will now have to purchase the WD drive case... BAD Recommendation Amazon :-(

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the other reviews!, 4 Nov 2009
I ordered this case with a 500GB Western Digital My Passport Drive, having read all the other glowing reviews. However, the case is not as good as I was led to believe! The 500GB drive is too large for the case: and the case can only just be squeezed shut by deforming the case. Also, the padding is actually fairly minimal. A larger case would be more suitable if you are buying a larger drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but tight, 24 April 2012
This is a really nice product. Great colour, sides are firm, with both a wrist strap and detachable clip. The only problem I found with this is that although my WD passport is a WD160, it's an older version therefore it's a really tight fit. I bought two and my colleague's WD160 fits in really easily because they have the newer version of the WD160 with the rounded edges. I can get mine in, but with a little bit of creative pushing & squeezing. As long as yours is the new WD Passports with the rounded edges, this will fit nicely and will be a great product for you.

The main body of the WD fits into the side with the elastic straps and the cable goes in the side with the mesh pocket.

1.0 out of 5 stars iGadgitz Black Eva Hard Case, 30 July 2010
This is a poorley designed case. It does not fit well and cables have to be removed to place it in the case, which will eventually lead to damage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard drive case, 17 May 2010
E. J. Bryson (UK) - See all my reviews
The USB drive is a very slim unit but the case although a bit tight on the width is overall a bit bulky for travelling about with.