4.0 out of 5 stars Good curls for a good price.
I got these for my hair mad teen. She has hair past her shoulders that is layered, as it is very thick. She loved these has even though her hair is easy to curl, these tongs gave her the type of curl she was after, due to how thick they are at the side of normal ones.

Published on 29 April 2010 by shaz17

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Curl!!
I bought this to curl my hair in nice thick waves but it doesn't get hot enough to curl properly! Your better off investing a bit more money in a better curler!
Published 13 months ago by LO'B

4.0 out of 5 stars Good curls for a good price., 29 April 2010
shaz17 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The built in stand and swivel cord is a godsend for her and finds she doesn't get frustrated when putting them down and finding the rest. The no tangle cord made her very happy indeed. She did moan the cord should be longer though. She liked the short barrel but noticed that it was too short on her friends hair that was much longer, so she said they should come in a variety of lengths. The auto shut off feature is usually a good thing as she tends to forget them when in a rush somewhere.

She like the different heat settings and tried them until she found the one that best suited her, she thought there should have been a READY indicator though. She did like the good grip that they had of her hair, whether it was a short bit or long bit.

I asked her if she thought they were worth the price and she said yes, I thought they were a good price, because of the 3-year guarantee.

4.0 out of 5 stars tongs, 26 May 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
How lovely to have fat tongs that give waves no tight curls . Product heats in seconds ,
and as I have fine hair that is coloured , it is great to have so much choice on heat settings . VERY PLEASED

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Curl!!, 2 Aug 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Getting used to them, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
These don't really work on my long thick hair. I've tried putting product on my hair and the curls still just drop out.

Packaged well and delivered on time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars low price, high quality item, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
i am absolutely satisfied about this product. low price high quality. exactly as described. I will purchase more product from Ba Byliss

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
I am so pleased with these curling tongs. I was slightly nervous and hesitant as to which ones to buy, as my friend had trouble with other makes; so I decided to go for a different make and i'm glad I did. I've always wanted a natural, more wavy effect for my hair, rather than small tight ringlets/curls... these are perfect for this. I tried them the day they arrived and went out afterwards. Compliments came flying!

The optional heat setting is perfect for me, as my hair is extremely long and thick and naturally wavy, so I use the highest setting (200). This allows me to do it quickly without my arm aching from holding it up constantly. It takes me about 30 minutes to do my whole head, but i'm gradually getting faster as I get the hang of the technique. They warm up in around 30 seconds which adds to the overall fast sleek style of the product. They are quite light and look very stylish. The simple on/off button is fine. I would recommend these to anyone who has thin to thick hair like mine, or for people who are after the 'Lauren Conrad' look. :D

I LOVE THEM!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... superb pair of curling tongs for those big bouncy beautiful curls., 26 Nov 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
This is a superb pair of curling tongs for those big bouncy beautiful curls.. I love it and it goes everywhere with me. Definitely worth buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it !!!, 16 May 2010
BusyReader "mrs28" (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have medium - short layered hair which is quite fine and as such when using curling products have to take care to prevent my locks becoming flyaway and holding lots of static.
The Glamour Waves Tong is excellent to use on my kind of hair to create under and outward curls and also wave effects .
There is a variable heat control and I found they heated up quite fast , also the silky finish prevented my hair sticking and also helped reduce static. If tighter "angel curls" are needed a smaller barrel more conventional tong will be needed but these certainly do what they say on the box and for the cost are a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for body, waves and shaping, 18 April 2010
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've previously used other products from the Babyliss Pro range and have always been impressed and these tongs are no different.

These 38mm tongs are great for building body, waves and shaping hair, if you want curls then a smaller barrel would probably be better. They heat up fast and you can select from four different temperatures; 155'C, 170'C, 185'C and 200'C, lower temperatures for fine hair and higher temperatures for thick.
They're simple to use with just two buttons one for switching on/off and one to adjust the temperature. They also have a longer length swivel cord.

In use my hair glided smoothly over the ceramic coated barrel and in no time at all my layered shoulder length hair was smooth, shiny and shaped just how I like it, giving added body to my usually hard to manage fine hair.

Although the leaflet that comes with them doesn't mention an 'auto shut-off' feature, it is built into these tongs. I was surprised that it wasn't mentioned it as this feature has come with other appliances from the Babyliss Pro range, so I purposefully left them switched on and after approximately an hour they switched themselves off.

Work well and great value - recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 28 Jan 2010
This review is from: BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong (Personal Care)
I am delighted with the new tongs I recently purchased. Delivery was prompt and they are exactly what I was looking for.
They reach a high heat very quickly and give a great wavey look. You can ajust the heat setting. The smooth finish prevents hair snagging and gives a nice shine to hair.
I have thick hair and they still worked very well giving a great look with minimal time and effort.
If it is that soft wavey look that is popular with the celebs right now that you want....these are the tongs for you.

BaByliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong