TOP 500 REVIEWERon 29 April 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got these for my hair mad teen. She has hair past her shoulders that is layered, as it is very thick. She loved these has even though her hair is easy to curl, these tongs gave her the type of curl she was after, due to how thick they are at the side of normal ones.

The built in stand and swivel cord is a godsend for her and finds she doesn't get frustrated when putting them down and finding the rest. The no tangle cord made her very happy indeed. She did moan the cord should be longer though. She liked the short barrel but noticed that it was too short on her friends hair that was much longer, so she said they should come in a variety of lengths. The auto shut off feature is usually a good thing as she tends to forget them when in a rush somewhere.

She like the different heat settings and tried them until she found the one that best suited her, she thought there should have been a READY indicator though. She did like the good grip that they had of her hair, whether it was a short bit or long bit.

I asked her if she thought they were worth the price and she said yes, I thought they were a good price, because of the 3-year guarantee.
22 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2013
How lovely to have fat tongs that give waves no tight curls . Product heats in seconds ,
and as I have fine hair that is coloured , it is great to have so much choice on heat settings . VERY PLEASED
on 2 August 2013
I bought this to curl my hair in nice thick waves but it doesn't get hot enough to curl properly! Your better off investing a bit more money in a better curler!
on 6 February 2012
I really loved it though you have to practice in order to achieve the desired results!!! I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to get hair as described in the product.
on 2 September 2010
I am so pleased with these curling tongs. I was slightly nervous and hesitant as to which ones to buy, as my friend had trouble with other makes; so I decided to go for a different make and i'm glad I did. I've always wanted a natural, more wavy effect for my hair, rather than small tight ringlets/curls... these are perfect for this. I tried them the day they arrived and went out afterwards. Compliments came flying!

The optional heat setting is perfect for me, as my hair is extremely long and thick and naturally wavy, so I use the highest setting (200). This allows me to do it quickly without my arm aching from holding it up constantly. It takes me about 30 minutes to do my whole head, but i'm gradually getting faster as I get the hang of the technique. They warm up in around 30 seconds which adds to the overall fast sleek style of the product. They are quite light and look very stylish. The simple on/off button is fine. I would recommend these to anyone who has thin to thick hair like mine, or for people who are after the 'Lauren Conrad' look. :D

I LOVE THEM!
on 24 July 2011
I'm surprised that these tongs have such a mediocre rating. I have fine but plentiful layered just longer than shoulder length hair which prior to using these tongs was impossible to style out of a salon. Other tongs weren't hot enough to eliminate frizz and the curl dropped out with the weight of my hair, leaving it shiny but flat as a pancake.

I still wear the exactly the same hairstyle but with these tongs my hair has been transformed. It is so easy and fast to style with these tongs. The barrel is so large I can curl large sections of hair at one time and the curl is fantastic and long lasting. Even when my hair is damp these tongs can create curl and shine. So many people comment on how good my hair looks which they rarely did before - I'm absolutely delighted with these tongs, and cannot do without them. So much so, that I have just ordered a second pair in case the first ones come to the end of their natural life and I'm left without them.

They wouldn't work on short hair because of the size of the barrel but there are plenty of alternative tongs on the market to cater for shorter hair. I acknowledge that the on/off switch being on the handle is bad design but like another reviewer, I just sellotaped the controls to prevent switching them off inadvertently. Other than the switch placement I cannot fault them, and I'm happy to put up with this fault in exchange for the fantastic results I achieve with them.

For layered shoulder length hair (even fine hair) these are fantastic.
on 28 January 2010
I am delighted with the new tongs I recently purchased. Delivery was prompt and they are exactly what I was looking for.
They reach a high heat very quickly and give a great wavey look. You can ajust the heat setting. The smooth finish prevents hair snagging and gives a nice shine to hair.
I have thick hair and they still worked very well giving a great look with minimal time and effort.
If it is that soft wavey look that is popular with the celebs right now that you want....these are the tongs for you.
on 11 July 2014
This adds very soft waves to your hair - not curls! So if there is even a tiny bit of humidity, the hair will fall flat. It wasn't quite what I was expecting.... but setting that aside, it was quick and easy to use. So if you are after a bit of volume in your hair and not much else, then this is a good priced option. If you want tigher curls, I suggest going for something with a smaller barrel.
on 30 June 2016
Absolutely terrible! Bought as present for 12 year old sister, wasn't expecting loads as it's not expensive but didn't even live up to that. It's a curler that doesn't curl!! Not a single difference and we've tried everything. I'm disappointed because I only buy products after reading reviews and therefore this must have prodomiantly good ones. Maybe I received a faulty item? Maybe I'm using wrong? I don't understand how I could be though as it's pretty straight forward and I have used many other babyliss tongs that do work and are some of my favourites. This is not worth even the little money you would spend on it
on 20 September 2015
I bought this Tong for my daughter as she was fed-up of using Straightening Irons . Apparently they do the same job but are not harsh to her hair. She absolutely loves them - She says she can recommend them to anyone who doesn't want their hair damaged by straightening irons