5.0 out of 5 stars It is my favorite Linux, great set!
Published on 16 Mar 2011 by Rudi

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed
I was, as my title states, very disappointed with this product. As a Newbie to Linux I would have expected better, in fact I might if I could manage to get into the O/S! I run two 'Asrock' Socket 462's computers one runs Windows 7 and the other Windows XP both with AMD Sempron CPU's 2Gigs of RAM and 2 X 40 Gig hard drives.
Well I put the open SuSE V 12.3 install DVD...
Published 13 months ago by Aldebaran

5.0 out of 5 stars It is my favorite Linux, great set!, 16 Mar 2011
This review is from: OpenSUSE 13.1 Linux, 4-Disks DVD Installation and Reference Set (DVD-ROM)
I have it installed on five computers, two laptops and three desktops. All installations went without a glitch, it is very polished distro. All of five have different hardware configurations, two of our computers are of older type (made in 2004 and 2006) and three are fresh made in 2010 and all the hardware was recognized and configured. I run Skype on all of them and have no problems with webcams. As you may know it installs open office suite and I'm impressed how well it works in Linux. I tried it before with Windows and it was constantly hanging and crashing on import. In linux it works very smoothly. I imported huge and complex spreadsheet with formulas, cross-links and other stuff and it loaded in a snap. The set comes with everything you may need. I found the reference card and books included to be very helpful. I also learned many commands from introduction video DVD included in the set, but I'm using it mostly in graphical mode for general computing or office work. Everybody who tried this opensuse commented how fast and pretty it is. Nice system, great set, recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars OpenSUSE is Great and Easy to Install!, 1 Mar 2011
OpenSUSE is complete and very drivers rich system. I installed it on three completely different machines: one is older Thinkpad IBM laptop, another is an huge and heavy Toshiba Sattelite (17" screen), and brand new i7 laptop. On all of them the system was installed very fast, instantly recognized all the drivers without any problems. I must mention a great quality of this set. It comes with a bunch of useful additions, the printed card is useful, the video provides short but very focused introduction to Linux. The delivery is fast and they also provide initial installation assistance if one needs it. (including FREE CD if you computer can't boot from DVD, it's on instruction page that came with the set)
Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super set! Nicely done Linux package!, 9 April 2011
I purchased from DVDxDVD before and they delivered on promise every time. Their custmer service is examplary. The set is a complete arrangment of software and information, and all are very useful. It is nicely done Linux package! My kudos to DVDxDVD for keeping Linux sets so updated. All sets that got from them contain most recent releases. Recommended!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 9 July 2013
Aldebaran (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
Well I put the open SuSE V 12.3 install DVD into my second H/D (D:) hit F11 boot menu and selected the appropriate drive and all went OK.
That is until after the reboot and the computer asked for the username/password, asked for the username/password, and then it asked for the username/password, etc. and that was far as I got. So, I rebooted with the same result.
I then re-formatted the D; drive and tried again, No different.
Suspecting that perhaps there was something wrong with my system I Cleared my D:drive (HD USB Docking Station) on my other computer and tried again, with exactly the same result.
Contacting the Vendor (openSuSe help advised me to do this)gave me a lot of 'Guff' about selecting the right drive to boot from, but nothing positive or useful!!
So, the openSuSE V 12.3 has been returned. Since than I managed to borrow V 11.1 from a friend, and believe it or not this runs OK. If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful to hear from them.
Recently, having tried several Linux Distro's It appears that my Asrock Mobo and AMD CPU will not run this Distro as well as other similar versions. I currently have installed Mandriva 2007 which runs fine and did the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy way to upgrade from openSUSE 11.1 to 12.2, 14 Dec 2012
A. Smith (Derby, UK) - See all my reviews
My computer was already dual bootable, with Windows and openSUSE 11.1. Decided this was the approach I wanted to follow to upgrade to openSUSE 12.2 and I was not disappointed. 4 box disc and basic instruction cards came quickly and following the instructions to insert relevant (32 bit) disc, reboot and follow instructions on the screen worked fine. Installation found my existing Linux partition and I selected to overwrite this and it went ahead fine. All the accounts and settings were as they were before and logging on was as expected, with look and feel similar. Now enjoying finding all the new features and at last can watch Flash video on BBC Website again as well as finally getting into Thunderbird and Lightening email/calendar. Only thing I had to do was edit "/boot/grub/menu.lst" so that "default 3" on line 5 was "default 1" which was the list option openSUSE Desktop is on (counting from 0) in GRUB startup, so now I can turn the computer on and leave it to get to the openSUSE desktop login screen without touching anything (much to wife and son's appreciation). Do go into YAST after installation and do an update - it is rather a large one, but hey this is Linux where the only constant is change.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amateur night, 26 Aug 2012
One reviewer describes this as easy to install; he must live in a parallel universe where Novell is staffed by professionals. I run 11.2 and I recall the installer as being one of the most psychopathic pieces of software ever devised. Novell haven't deigned to improve it in four releases.

All I wanted was to upgrade the base system without overwriting my old versions of Firefox and OpenOffice, which work, with newer versions, which don't. I was immediately plunged into the inescapable OpenSuse maelstrom of failed dependencies. Why was this, when all the dependencies are available on-line? Because Novell is trapped in a mediaeval time warp where there is no such thing as wireless internet access; the installer detected my wireless card OK, installed the driver and then tried to access my secure network without a passcode. From an amateur, this would be feeble; from a professional distro, this is intolerable.

2.0 out of 5 stars Suse 11, 3 Feb 2011
For some reason i was never never able to do a web install using SUSE. Ubunto seams to work much better...

OpenSUSE 13.1 Linux, 4-Disks DVD Installation and Reference Set
OpenSUSE 13.1 Linux, 4-Disks DVD Installation and Reference Set by PRIZIX INC. (Linux, Windows, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: 23.95