5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hob I have ever bought
Published on 25 Nov 2010 by adeltai

3.0 out of 5 stars I use this hob every day and I like it.
I bought this to enable me to use my pans that can't be used on an induction hob which I have just had installed.
It does work well but could be better. The edge of the stainless steel surround is very sharp and the switch would be better if it was calibrated because you cannot tell at a glance how high it is turned up.
Published on 18 Nov 2012 by N McDougall

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hob I have ever bought, 25 Nov 2010
This review is from: Lloytron E831ss 1500w Stainless Steel Table Top Hob (Kitchen & Home)
I used a single hob in my flat to do some cooking. I have tried many other hobs, which either it takes too long to get boiling or when you turn the knob to 2 or 3 it will stop boiling completely. Lloytron E831ss Hob takes only a few minutes to boil very rapidly. And when you switch to 2 or 3, it boils rather steadily as well. The only minor downside to it is it takes a few minutes to reduce the boiling when you turn the switch from 5 to 2, which i think this is normal for every hob. This is the best hob I have used, and I have tried more than 10 types of single hobs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid value -- and it works!, 24 April 2012
I'd been looking at, and handling, a few other single hobs before buying this one, so what impressed me out of the box was that this one actually has some weight to it -- the top disc seems pretty thick so I don't expect it to warp. Also, the rubber legs on the bottom combined with the weight mean that it doesn't slip around. So it's all nice and solid. The brushed-finish stainless steel top cover seems very thin, not even 0.8 mm / 20 guage by the looks of it, but I can't see how this matters as it's not especially structural and cleans the same regardless.

The dial seems sturdy and turns and audibly clicks on and off fine, but the numbers are simply raised, not painted, so you really have to peer at them close up to see them (mind long hair!). The light comes on when the hob is in the process of heating -- which means that even when the light isn't on, it doesn't mean that the dial isn't turned to a cooking position, as the hob may simply have reached the desired temperature, waiting to come back on when the temperature drops. So perhaps it may be an idea to leave the hob unplugged when not in use, as if you're not close up it's difficult to see if it's turned on or not (I can imagine an undesirable scenario involving a child). I was surprised that the plug wasn't injection moulded -- I thought they all were today; but still, that makes the plug easier to change, for instance, if doing a European two-pin conversion.

The hotplate is 18.5 cm diameter and recommended for up to 20 cm pans (good wok size as a previous reviewer says). It heats up quite quickly, and it really does cook. Considering the beneficial effect this product can have on your life (cooking!) and the overall build quality, I'm very pleased with it and think it's well worth the money. Will report back if longer-term testing changes that opionion!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little hob, 15 May 2011
I have a fairly expensive cooker and the hob went, have had to wait for a part can manage mainly without it by using my steamer for veg and rice but missed my pasta and proper gravy,this little hob was delivered the day after purchase and has done a great job, am very pleased

3.0 out of 5 stars I use this hob every day and I like it., 18 Nov 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Llyotron table top hob, 28 Aug 2013
This met my need when renovating kitchen and i was without a cooker - it however gets very hot - the cooker doesnt glow so you cannot tell it is on - the size makes it very practical and i brought a three tier pan so i could cook a whole meal at once and it managed this well - the knob is needing some attention as a design , you cant see what temperature or heat setting very clearly and i had to use tippex to do my own marking for my use - for the price not a bad buy but requires an mature person to operate other burns inevitable

4.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 30 April 2011
Fairly decent value for money - heats up quickly, seems to have a decent coverage and doesn't leak heat to surrounding surfaces. The only improvement could be better visibility of power levels on the dial, but other than that - no problems at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars TABLE TOP HOB, 2 Mar 2012
Great little table top hob. Arrived very quick and heats up very fast.Donot touch the metal sides though as they get very hot. Wood recomend this product to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value with controllability., 18 Mar 2013
This is a fabulous table top hob, great for cooking smelly stuff like kippers, bacon sausages etc. in the garden with a mains lead.
I originally bought it for doing scientific tests, I needed to keep water at temperatures of 40, 60 and 90ºC for 24 hours at a time, this hob is perfect because it's controllable at low temperatures. After marking the dial, I found that I could achieve consistent results to within a few degrees. It's powerful, controllable, easy to clean, looks great, construction is solid and the price is right. What more can you ask for?

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 13 April 2013
Ms. N. Rust (Canterbury, UK) - See all my reviews
Looks cheap, is cheap, works in a cheap way. You get what you pay for, I guess! Also seems to be corroding very fast.

3.0 out of 5 stars holiday buy, 11 July 2013
S. Parfitt (somerset england) - See all my reviews
Bought to use in caravan, easy to clean, only minus point it is quite hard to regulate, but it does save on the gas.