5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Value Laptop, 3 Aug 2009
This review is from: Samsung R520 15.6 Inch Laptop PC (C2D T6400, 2.0GHz, 3GB RAM, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, HD, Vista Home Premium) -Black/Silver (Electronics)
Bought this recently for £480.

+ Solid build quality (as you would expect from a Samsung)
+ Excellent screen (16:9 widescreen)
+ Core 2 Duo T6400
+ Free Windows 7 Upgrade
+ LED light around touchpad

- Glossy cover (= lots of finger prints, but comes with a cloth!)
- Does not come with cover/bag (unlike NC10)

Overall a superb value laptop, ideal for everyday computing (but perhaps a bit large to carry around a lot).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Laptop, 7 Oct 2009
This is my second Samsung & replaces an earlier model that I gave to my daughter.
A good reliable laptop with Samsung's built-in system recovery software which is one of the best I have used. There is nothing that I don't like about Samsung laptops, they are ultra reliable & well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop for the price, 26 Aug 2009
After looking at a number of rivals I'm pleased I bought the R520, stylish build, great screen, good spec and a reasonable price. Recommended as a laptop or replacement for a desktop PC

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but room for improvement, 27 Oct 2009
Bosscat "Wobblesnap" (Loughborough, Leicestershire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I did quite a bit of research before settling on this notebook. Good screen, reasonable processor and light. On the downside the battery life is a bit of a disappointment and the touchpad is quite quirky and all too often I find I am opening programmes when I don't want to.

Overall I am quite happy with this and for the price represents good value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung R520, 20 Nov 2009
A. Camburn "toast" (Reading) - See all my reviews
I am very happy with this laptop, although It needed vlc to play the movies in a better pic and sound quality to get the full experience.