5.0 out of 5 stars Small light does the job
Published on 17 May 2011 by lilamy

I bought two. One has worked faultlessly for a couple of months now. The other however, only worked for a couple of days, and then just stopped working for no apparent reason. Beware!
Update: Both are dead. Don't buy!
Published on 12 Oct 2011 by J. TING

1.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a lottery - One worked and the other didn't! Update: Both died eventually, 12 Oct 2011
J. TING "JT" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: USB2.0 MICRO-SD / M2 MEMORY CARD READER - SDHC UP TO 32GB (Compatible With Windows 7) (Accessory)
Update: Both are dead. Don't buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small light does the job, 17 May 2011
I bought this item to use with my micro SD phone memory card as it was the only one I could find that worked on Windows 7. (if you have windows 7 then be aware...I made that mistake first time round). Its great. Does the job, has a key chain fitted so you can attach it to your keys, light, easy to use...you literally just plug it in and it will start automatically. I am not briliant with comouters so its great for ease of use.
The only thing I would say is that when you put your memory card in make sure you push it in until it clicks....I didn't and it took me ages to figure out why it said card is blank!! Silly, easy mistake to make but just watch out for that.

It is a little flimsy but I don't use it on the go or out and about so for me its no problem.
Otherwise great little device, and really cheap too! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Aug 2010
Easy To Use, No Discs Needed :), Smaller That Expected But Does The Job.

If In Need Of A Card Reader Buy This One It's Great.

Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, cheerful and works a treat!, 21 Jun 2012
What can I say for 99p including postage? Buy it! I've bought several micro SDHC cards recently for my new tablet and tried copying files to them from my main PC. Every micro SD card reader I'd tried had been poor at best. With some the card was not recognised at all and with others the upload rate was atrocious. I tried this reader as a last resort and every computer I've plugged it into so far has recognised the card straight away and the upload rate has been as fast as I would expect with any external card. I've even got a re-useable jiffy bag for my hard earned 99p!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work but at least it was cheap., 10 Oct 2011
Purchased 2 of these. Recognised M2 chip but not microSD which is what I needed. One pulled apart when I was trying to remove it. For the price it's not worth returning.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says!, 20 Oct 2010
perfect for my telephone memory card. Easier than having to get out yards of usb cables and remembering which one is which!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don`t buy it, unless you want your Micro Sd card burned down, 15 Jun 2011
Bought USB Micro-SD memory card reader which burned down my 32gb sd card in seconds, after transfering few pdf files. Checked my card and it was hot and stopped working. Contacted seller and been ofered refund only for reader (1). Now have to buy new Micro Sd card which will cost me another 30. Avoid buying this product unless you ready to pay more for new SD card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 9 Jun 2012
I have purchased a number of these alomh with Kingston 2gb cards, I use them to distribute manuals and information to customers.
I have experienced no issues copying files, I have just copied (as a test) 1.7 gb of music and video files to a 2 gb kingston card (formated FAT - 1.85gb)using Win 7, the files transfered at a speed of 5mb/sec with no problems at all.

This item is 0.99 and does what it is supposed to, there are a number of negative revies but this could be down to the card used or issues with the computer being used, I have had a number of these card readers and had no trouble with any.

A 2 gb Kingston card can be purchased from Amazon for 1.70 inc P+P using this item a 2gb pen drive can be made for 2.69, that is very cheap !!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 29 Jun 2011
I expected this too do the job at the least. But, after having to wedge my micro SD card in a few times before it finally worked, a few times later it just packed up on me and would not be read by my computer. I'd return it, but at just over a pound, it wasn't really worth the hastle. Regrets at buying though.

5.0 out of 5 stars great wee device, 19 Feb 2011
Does exactly what it's supposed to, stick your Micro-SD card in the rear end, the front end into your USB socket, and you have full access to the card, limited only by the speed of your USB, and the speed of your SD card (might still be slower than you'd expect)

Very handy to carry on your keyring if you have a large capacity MicroSD in your phone, as it makes your phone storage available in seconds on any PC for emergency storage, or even carrying PC software you may need in emergency on your phone!

Does not feel as sturdy as the official Sandisk version it's cloned from, but hasn't broken yet, so I can't mark it down for that. Great option for an ultra portable card reader.