4.0 out of 5 stars On balance, not quite as good
I read quite a few of the reviews of this replacement head before I bought one, and have left it for a month since I began using it to try and offer a fair assessment.
The foil pattern is different, as shown in the photos above, the question being: do they give a better or worse shave?

For me it's been swings and roundabouts. When I first bought my Series...
Published on 30 Dec 2011 by A. J. Weston

1.0 out of 5 stars Downgraded version of an expensive product.
Its a shame but Braun have replaced the original 'custom' patterned and hyped foil pattern with just plain holes.

Why sell a product based on this marketing and then leave customers effectively getting a downgraded product when they need to replace the foil down the road.
Published on 24 Sep 2011 by Jamie

4.0 out of 5 stars On balance, not quite as good, 30 Dec 2011
A. J. Weston - See all my reviews
This review is from: Braun Replacement Foil & Cutter Cassette - 70S, Series 7, Pulsonic - 9000 Series BRAUN CASSETTE 70S (Personal Care)

For me it's been swings and roundabouts. When I first bought my Series 7 18 months ago I was astonished at how sharp the cutter was, almost wet-shave sharp. A definite 'wow' factor. It even cut a tiny mole I have on my chin, something none of my previous high-end electrics had done.
It performed really well on my average beard though baulked at two-day growth and would tug one the odd hair quite painfully.

The new foil does not have that 'wow' factor. It delivers a very good shave but not the startling one the orginal did. However, it doesn't nip or catch me as the first did, a plus in my view. Additionally, it has coped pretty well over the last couple of weeks when I've been unwell and not shaved for three days. The original would have been more painful to use.

I'm happy enough with the replacement though perhaps Braun could marry the sharpness of the orginal with the ease of use of the new one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Downgraded version of an expensive product., 24 Sep 2011
Jamie (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Being a new blade at least it shaves better than my old one was getting like but its not as good a result as the original product achieved.

3.0 out of 5 stars Degraded Foil Design, 8 Feb 2012
The original foil design supplied with the shaver lasted the full 18 months, and required a very light touch. The new design, which looks much cheaper to make, seems to last less than 12 months. This is despite the diagram on the back of the packaging which implies 18 months life. I find that it is necessary to press much harder than I did with the original foil in order to achieve an acceptable shave. This extra pressure must result in more wear. I looked at a new 9000 series shaver on display in Boots today, and noted that this also is fitted with the new foil design. It remains a very expensive shaver and I am disappointed if Braun are letting their standards slip. I have had the shaver for exactly 5 years and have worn out 4 heads.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 24 Dec 2011
Like many other one star raters here. This was delivered and looked OK. Came to install a couple of months later and it just fell apart. Total rubbish.

To be honest, given the cost of these in the first place, their short life span (only a few months before they leave too much stubble untouched) and the high cost of the supposedly superior Braun high-end shavers in the first place I will likely revert to wet shaves!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars No Problems, 28 Dec 2011
I was worried by the reviews commenting on the changed foil pattern but... great relief! The pattern is exactly the same as on the razor I bought in June 2010 and cuts just as it did when the razor is new.

Just one word of warning the foil arrived well packaged but in quite a large cardboard box - this would not have fitted through a letter box so I recommend delivery to work if you are not going to be at home!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the real McCoy!, 20 July 2011
Not the orginal foil and incredibly inferior. When I bought the shaver it gave the best shave I had ever had. The claim was merging Bruan technology with Gillette blades. These new parts are a very poor subsitute for the original and do not give the same comfortable close shave. Braun should be ashamed of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Oct 2010
You expect good products from Braun, and this will not disappoint. If you are new to electric shaving Braun products can be trusted, and this part was easy to get out of the packet, easy to fit, and gives a good shave. Better still - it arrived the day after I emailed the order!

5.0 out of 5 stars works like new, 1 Jan 2012
I saw a few reviews before buying this foil that worried me about the quality of the replacement foil but I have to say that after fitting my replacement foil my razor is now working as new and the shave is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Series 7 790cc, 18 Feb 2012
Looks a little diffrent from the original series 7 head but seems to work fine and gives a good shave

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the standard foil, 29 Jan 2012
Tea Tango (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I read some people weren't happy with this replacement foil. when i brought it i found it to be much better than the original.
Here's why!:
when shaving it glides, and feels much smoother on your face.
I cant stay it cuts better or something, but its definitely glides a lot better than the standard foil.