5.0 out of 5 stars Cool at last.
Good quality fan, does what it says, very powerful and steady, have no fears that it will fall over. I would recommend to others. Packaging does need to be more secure....package damaged but thankfully contents safe.
Published 13 months ago by moley

1.0 out of 5 stars Well it cooled me down... for two days.
I would never normally buy a fan online. Although since every shop near me had fans sold out I decided to turn to Amazon to find one. Fans seem to be a mixed bag on here and at the time I bought this item it was the only product I could find with reviews all above 4 stars. So I took the plunge and bought this fan.

It arrived quickly and seemed to work for the...
Published 7 months ago by James Bristow

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool at last., 8 Feb. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Ordered 2 fans. Both arrived within 2 days - pleasantly surprised seeing as l paid for 3-5 days delivery. Had both assembled within 30 minutes. Everything went together easily. Considering the price - quality of the legs of the stand are as expected (provided you are not expecting much, if you get my drift!). Fan is relatively stable considering its lack of weight. Motor is no louder than some fans I've had before and is a pretty good blower! Like the adjustable height feature. For the money - a bargain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Well it cooled me down... for two days., 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"

It arrived quickly and seemed to work for the first two days. Come day three of use I noticed a burning smell emitting from the motor. Not unusual with new fans, as oil can leak here and there and can cause some smells. Although this smell got worse and worse to the point I became concerned and switched it off. After unplugging the fan and having a look the metal rod that holds the fan blade was boiling hot and a part of the fan blade began to melt!

Now I may have just been very unlucky and ended up with a one off faulty item. With any electrical items you take a risk buying them. But I'm not at all impressed and it's a shame I only stayed cool for 2 days. Otherwise when the fan did work it did cool me down a lot and has a lot of power in it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item for the price, 17 Aug. 2014
Chris K. (Burghausen, Bayern) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Got two of these for the house (one for my home office, one for the living room) during a heatwave, and they were definitely worth every pence. They're easy enough to assemble, though the crossed rods that make up the support are a bit of a pain because they're very flimsy metal and get bent out of shape easily, which means the plastic caps will then not fit on. This is a good thing, too, because the user manual has evidently been translated from Japanese to Russian to Klingon to Swahili and then English, so anything more complex would be a problem.

Example: Set the base on a level dry surface removes the screws from the Base, then installs the Outer Pipe and matches the 4 holes over the 4 screw holes on the base and replaces the 4pcs of screws back onto the base.

They run smoothly and quietly, and so far I have never needed a speed setting higher than 1 to do the job. One of them snaps back by itself if you try to change the angle, though, and the locking pin for the oscillating mechanism occasionally has a mind of its own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and quiet!, 25 Jun. 2014
S. Harper "footymum" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Needed 2 fans for my sons during this hot spell, these are perfect, nice price, boys assembled them easily and so quiet!

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, But Nothing To Shout About and a Bit Flimsy, 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Hubby put it together and it was quite difficult as the stand/feet was actually upside down. After mych fiddling he managed to get the fan fitted on to the base with the base the right way down. I have a similar model that I have had for around 17 years - just on its way out, so that's why I bought a new one. This one is a lot flimsier than the older one, especially the cover. Also, it appears to be quite wobbly - so I gave it a couple of pushes but it stayed upright. The thing I dislike about it the most is that it makes no difference to the speed if you put it on a higher or lower speed setting - they are the same. So all in all, no I wouldn't really recommend it and in hindsight I would have gone to a shop and purchased a pedestal fan that I could actually see.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Easy to put together , good strength on 3 rd setting

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a fan, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Came extreamly quickly even earlier than expected. It's a fan so not sure what to say. Little bit fragile but as long as you don't keep pulling it around I'm sure it will last

4.0 out of 5 stars Diddly, 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
Lots of bits to put together but once up and running its a good fan
Four feet make it very sturdy

3.0 out of 5 stars fan works ok and good power (not sure how long it will last) one ..., 26 July 2014
This review is from: Pedstal Fan 16"
fan works ok and good power (not sure how long it will last) one of the clips holding the mesh cover together broke on assembling, no instructions for assembly and the 'feet' are very flimsy and not finished off nicely and less than 24hours the feet are bent so not stable at all.. Ok I suppose but not cheap at £30 which is average price for a fan of this size.

Pedstal Fan 16"