5.0 out of 5 stars Video AND Audio - works on Thinkpad T410
I used this adapter together with a Neet® White Line - 5m - HDMI to HDMI Cable - HIGH-SPEED with Ethernet and Audio Return Channel - 3D - (v1.4) - 15.2Gbps - HDMI® LEAD to connect a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 laptop PC to a Panasonic HD TV. This combination works properly and sends the audio signal as well as the video to the TV.

BE AWARE that on the T410 laptop the...
Published on 11 April 2011 by Mr. Christopher Wallace

I failed to notice this subtly, so it was of no use to me as I wished to convert a HDMI OUTPUT from my computer to Display Port INPUT on my monitor.

This is not the products fault, just my understanding of it. Thought it might assist others to spell this out in case any one is in a similar situation to me.
Published on 11 Feb. 2013 by D T TOMBS

5.0 out of 5 stars Video AND Audio - works on Thinkpad T410, 11 April 2011
This review is from: Neet® - DisplayPort to HDMI adapter / converter (for Dell / PC / Video Card / Mo

BE AWARE that on the T410 laptop the audio doesn't get automatically routed via the HDMI as soon as it is plugged-in: you need to go to the Windows sound control panel and select the TV as the default sound device. With a non compatible lead you will see the TV is there, but with an 'audio not connected' notice.

This adapter is nice and flexible and easily allows a 90 degree bend so a thicker HMDI cable can be routed unimpeded in any direction from the Displayport socket. The latched Displayport plug is useful to avoid it being accidentally pulled out.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works., 20 Nov. 2011
jw (@the sea) - See all my reviews
Bought this to attach to a "Vivo HDMI to HDMI 5m Dual Shielded High Speed Gold Plated Cable" to connect a Sony Bravia 32"
TV to the displayport on a Sapphire 11167-04-20R HD 5570 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card (looks like an HDMI socket but isn`t) Works perfectly transferring sound to TV as well even though the onboard sound is disabled in BIOS (Z68 mobo) and there is no connection needed to the PCI Creative XFi sound card. :/
Sound works by magic then! Hope this helps because I puzzled over this before buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars the missing link in the chain, 12 Jun. 2011
as newer computers have emerged, the TV Out and VGA sockets have begun to vanish to be replaced by the DV port. This port, or socket if you will, looks so much like a standard HDMI port that it gets overlooked until you want to use it and realise that .....hmmmmm its not an HDMI port.. is it ! Doh!
All I wanted to be able to do is output from a live video mixing application, and after a few weeks of trying to find workarounds (such as new monitor with DV port so I could use the DVI instead, change of graphic card, streaming etc) I came across this connection cable.
Admittedly, I will never know if it does sound , look to other reviewers for that info.
For me, this solved all my issues and I enjoyed a great couple of hours watching my animations being manipulated in realtime on a 9foot screen instead of 20inches from my nose.
Dispatch time was excellent, the build quality of this cable gives me no reason to think it will not last as long as my interest in hauling my PC into the lounge and rearranging the furniture.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 27 Feb. 2014
bought to connect my dell laptop to Panasonic TV and works fine. just remember to enable sound to your tv from the control panel on lap top. quick delivery too.

4.0 out of 5 stars So much better than using VGA!, 1 Nov. 2011
P. Raby - See all my reviews
Previously I've connected my ThinkPad to the TV using VGA. Which brings a whole set of issues with it, including needing to configure the resolution of the TV manually and have a separate cable to transport the sound from the laptop into the TV.

This adapter resolves all those issues, with a perfect 1080 signal being picked up by the TV, no need to configure anything on the TV, and sound being transported by HDMI so no need for an extra cable.

The only downside is the documentation which could be better for troubleshooting what you may have to configure on the laptop end rather than the TV.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a directional adapter, which I failed to notice, it converts a Display Port OUTPUT to a HDMI OUTPUT, 11 Feb. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars EDIT: Superb customer support, 4 May 2013
L. D. Ramstedt (Malta, Europe) - See all my reviews
Update 1st June 2013:
Received a brand new working adapter (without needing to send the broken one in as I had threw it away already), thanks so much again, 5 stars!!

Update 1st may 2013:
Review amended after NEET cables promised to send a replacement as you can see in the comment!
I will certainly give the company (and product) 5 stars when I receive the replacement and checked that it works. The experience with the company is superb so far.

*((past review))
Stopped working completely after 5 months. As I didn't have any type of receipt, I figured there's no chance of even trying to replace it. Perhaps it would've been possible. Anyway, of all my orders from Amazon, this rates lowest - unfortunately.
The first shipment I got was miniUSB-HDMI instead of this product, which I of course returned and received feedback and a refund for the shipping almost immediately - so good job in that way.

However, the whole experience of first being sent the wrong product, and then the correct product not working at all after 5 months, just doesn't cut it out. 2 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little adapter, 27 Sept. 2011
The adapter does exactly what I needed for it,straight forward to use,would have got 5 star but the connector can be a bit funny and needs to be disconnected and reconnected every now & again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Mar. 2013
I guess most reviews on here will either be tales of it working, or not working, and then a list of the hardware used. My story is the same - this works perfectly with my Lenovo T420 laptop and Sony KDL-42EX410 42" LCD TV.
Audio comes through crystal clear, picture is great with no flicker. Always takes a minute of the Lenovo cycling between different resolutions before it seems to settle on one, but I haven't had to tinker with any settings, it just works, and I think it's brilliant.
And as a bonus, even with the Free SuperSaver delivery, it arrived within 36 hrs of ordering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Audio and video perfect. HP Probook and Dell Latitude., 22 Mar. 2013
This item has worked perfectly so far with an HP Probook and a Dell Latitude connecting to quite a large amount of monitors and tv's for the last six months of constant travelling. I've never had an issue both with video and audio. Also, I have it most of the time attached to the monitor with the laptop lid closed, so when I open the laptop lid to enter fingerprint admin passwords, changes automatically to the laptop and then back to the monitor very smoothly. Bought it from Amazon but on a friend's account, service was quick and prompt from Neet, as some items I had from them before.