Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 August 2009
This is a bit of a change in direction slightly from the first album.
Whereas the first was full of in your face tracks that the band had penned over the previous 6/7 years, this album is carefully thought out, very well produced and is every inch as good as the first but in a more relaxed way. The main stream press tend not to like the twang - prob because they're not graduate middle class tits that sing in a style that sounds like Stephen Fry wrote the lyrics. I've seen a few reviews online that don't do this album any justice at all. How it's possible to be a credible music journalist and ignore the brilliant arrangements, amazing guitaring from Stu Hartland, not to mention the drumming and bass lines is beyond me! This album is full of great tunes - yes, the 'storylines' or whatever the songs are about are just everyday things, but thats what makes good music - take an everday occurance and turn it into a beautifully delivered piece of music. I think anyone that felt or was influenced by the press not to like the twang should take a listen to this album and judge it on it's merits - they're will be a lot of humble pie going around and a lot of pride being swallowed cos there's no denying that this is a really great album. Unless your a London based journo who's scared of anyone that doesn't have a degree or an NW1 postcode that is.
on 10 October 2009
I love this album. Anyone who thinks that this album doesn't have any fun on it must be listening to a different one. The Twang have that wonderful knack of writing upbeat melodic songs that get stuck in your head. Maybe the people who don't like this album are some of the racist thugs we encountered at the gig we went to at Bournemouth.
on 24 September 2009
Like the last reviewer I read the reviews of this album, including an awful one in NME, and almost didn't buy it despite loving their debut. This is a great little album. Different in feel to LIWIFLT, it's slightly less agressive but no less catchy. If you liked the first album buy this and give it a couple of plays; you won't regret it.
on 18 September 2009
This is an absolutely fantastic album and the best one I have ever bought. Forget all the reviews from the 'smug little cock-end journalists', in Phil's own words, and purchase this gem. Although Barney Rubble was the first sinlge off the album, I would say it was one of the weakest, which shows how strong the others are. The forthcoming single Encouraing Sign and Twit Twoo are the two best songs I have heard this year.

The Twang are a brilliant band and are even better live. With the jangly guitar and Phil's brummie accent, this is a must buy. Don't listen to the NME because they are clueless as all 'smug little cock-end journalists' are so listen to me and all the other Twang fans. Buy this album!
on 13 January 2010
The first album was rough around the edges but was and still is a good listen.
This album seems more joined as the tracks go but that rawness is still there. An underated band but I can't recommend them enough. Even the kids like it when I play this album and you know how fickle kids can be. The extra disc on the deluxe edition is worth a play every now and then too.
on 27 August 2009
After reading several extremely poor reviews of this album I wasn't expecting anything brilliant, but I bought it anyway after enjoying their debut.

After the first listen songs like 'Barney Rubble', 'Twit Twoo' and 'Encouraging Sign' were bouncing around in my head all day long. Yes, most of the work on this album does hark back to the Madchester days of the Happy Mondays, and even further back to The Smiths in some parts.

The opening few tracks are hard to follow up because these are some of the strongest on the album. The upbeat but laid back sound of 'Barney Rubble' and the extremely catch, 'Twit Twoo' are two of the best songs, not just on this album but also two of the best of the band's career. 'Put It On The Dancefloor' is a blatant thumbs up to the Happy Mondays, but it would hold its own on any Mondays album. My other highlight is the beautifully delivered, 'Encouraging Sign' which along with 'Back Where We Started' shows the influence of the pre-Madchester legends, The Smiths. The album does lose its way a little with the last few tracks, but overall this is another triumph for The Twang, and even better than the debut.
on 24 November 2011
A great follow up album by the boys. The first album 'I love it when I feel like this' was a classic and so is 'The jewellery Quarter'. This album has a different vibe to their first. It is a little softer but it has still got The Twang stamp all over it. Every time I hear the album it is like being at one of their gigs, they always get everyone jumping around. Must buy album... If you haven't got 'I love it when I feel like this' then go and buy that as well.
on 10 September 2009
the band have matured slightly since their album which was mearly a compelation of their best songs. This album is more grown up. It is about finding love, so the lyrics are not quite as clever as their first album. The lads have done well. Do I think it is as good as their first album, no but then again I put their first album in my top twenty favourite albums but dont let this discourage you there are still some tunes and it is well worth buying.
on 29 August 2009
The long awaited second album brought a more soulful and less brash approach to the Twangs traditional offerings. Some might think they have gone more mainstream but when you hear it a few times the lyrics and delivery are unmistakeably Twang but parcelled up in a different melodic approach. Hard to decide which is my favourite track as there are so many contenders. Buy it and find out for yourself. Highly recommended.
on 22 January 2010
I bough this album for my Dad after we both like the first one. I had heard that it was slated by the press so I wasnt expecting a lot from it. Turns out I actually think this is better overall than the first album. I really love the chilled out, acoustic feel to it. Brilliant album