on 27 December 2012
I have been researching the right watch for months ahead of my Kilimanjaro trek next year, and was excited about the reviews and look of this watch. Fulfilled my expectations and is an excellent purchase. As a lot of reviews state this is large chunky watch with multiple functions, and it is indeed chunky but fits comfortably and gives you the feeling of activity and outdoor pursuits that fit with the nature of the watch. Would definately recommend for the price and functions.
on 4 October 2009
The watch is great for barometer, altitude, chrono and temperature. The Chrono + review function brings this together really well- so for example, on my favourite cycle I can see not only time, but also amount descended and amount climbed. Backlight and 10year battery are really neat. Only downsize is that it is pretty big, and I do find that the buttons do dig into my wrist a bit. In summary, great for activity, not so good for the office (unless you want to see how high up you are....)
on 27 November 2014
This is an OK digital watch. Big, chunky and oblong, it is easy to read at a glance. Nice casing and strap with plenty of adjustment, comfortable to wear. Even for a button pressing Luddite, like me, the setting up is relatively easy, although the minute manual could do with up-sizing as I actually had to revert to a magnifier to read some bits of it!

Particular likes:
The size of main digits on the read out.
The casing and strap
The small analogue clock face for instant spotting of time
The Barometer and weather forecaster (been fairly accurate so far)
The compass
The back-light
The overall look of the watch on the wrist
The surprising comfort and lightness when wearing (that's the watch on me, not me)
The altimeter, I now know that my house is 253 feet above sea level, a comfort in heavy rain!

Be aware: The temperature readout tells you your body temperature when wearing the watch. To get an air temperature reading you need to remove the watch a place it somewhere away from your skin to get a meaningful read out!

A nice watch, big and chunky, which I like, being the 6ft 4in, 18 stone lump that I am.

Worth a buy, if you want a watch that a bit geeky!
on 15 July 2014
Birthday present for my dad, its great!
on 22 March 2013
just got this tool, it's Cool, nice with rugged appearance, but most segments of the Liquid crystal Display (LCD) doesn't ''display'', can't really interpret the message or tell the time most times. Can't really tell if it's a defect.
on 3 November 2015
I absolutely love my watch it does everything I expected it to do...just one thing I wasn't happy about was the lack of presentation box I had to go out and buy one it just came in a card box but apart from that I cannot fault it
on 18 February 2014
Decided to upgrade to a Casio ProTrek - what a mistake - the Timex is much easier to use and the graphing functions are far superior.
The Timex is big and clunky but easy to read.
I now use the Casio at work and the Timex when out walking.
on 18 April 2016
One of the most amazing watches you will own!
People will constantly ask you about it and give you compliments.
It has a good array of functions not really needed by most but good to have just in case.
on 7 March 2016
Great watch looks great and does what it says on the tin....... £90 is about the right price...
on 8 July 2011
I wear one for one month. After 3 weeks, the weather icon was blocked on rainy day despite outside we had full sunny days since few days. So, I should send it back and replace not with another Timex (one was enough), but with one Suunto. Made in Finland not in China....

See one answered question