5.0 out of 5 stars Talisker 10
I have bought more Talisker than any other single malt and despite the almost limitless choice of other whiskies available I still find myself yearning to go back to Talisker 10, it's one of my 'all-round' favourite whiskies.

Published on 18 Jun 2012 by D. Smith

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me but everyones tastes are diffrent
I purchased this whiskey due to the reviews.
To me this whiskey it has a very medical taste to it very much like TCP but it was very smooth.
I spoke to a very nice lady at Talisker one to make sure it wasn't contaminated or faulty.
She explained to me that it the medical taste come from the influence of the peat used in the manufacturing process and that I...
Published 3 days ago by Mr. P. C. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Talisker 10, 18 Jun 2012
D. Smith (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Talisker 10 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 70 cl (Grocery)

It has quite a heavy smoky/peaty flavour with a hit of sea water/weed so it's not something everyone will get along with but it's balanced perfectly with a sweet fruitiness like you get from Speyside or Highland whisky's along with notes of pepper and it has a slightly oily texture. It's certainly not in danger of being called a bland whisky. So if you don't like smoky whisky's then it's probably best to stay away, however this is so good it'll probably convert you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly smooth for such a young whisky but worth buying., 17 Mar 2014
A good surprise upon tasting. Decently complex nose, good hit of flavour and a good smooth drink without the rough edge and burn you generally get from a 10 year old. It is not Jura smooth but then it has a lot more going on than Jura 10.

Well worth trying.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Whisky With A Sweety, Salty, Smoky And Powerful Taste, 25 Nov 2014
PPS076 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
We have been giving this to my 98 year old relative for the last few years and although he is 'Housebound' and unable to come and join us for Xmas and Boxing Day, we always give him one of these and he only has 1 wish.....that we stay for an hour to drink some with him.

Although I find that it costs more than a lot of other brands, there is a good reason and justification, it tastes delicious and puts most others to shame.

It has 45.8% alcohol content and although the manufacturers taste testing experts accurately and descriptively describe it as "Powerful peat-smoke with seawater saltiness, Rich dried-fruit sweetness with clouds of smoke and strong barley malt flavours warming and intending at the back of your mouth and sweet malty flavours that blend into a smoky climax", I can confirm that it does taste delicious and although I don't usually like whiskey, this is somehow different. My description would be "sweet-y, salty, smoky and powerful".

5.0 out of 5 stars single malt whisky, 17 April 2012
I bought this whisky for my husband who knows about whisky. He said that this was excellent, beautifully packed and very prompt delivery. This was an fantastic price for this quality product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for someone who likes peaty whisky, 26 Jun 2014
Smokey taste - quite strong and perfect with soda.
A nice night cap - one of the nicest Scottish whiskies - a bit different.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only single malt from Skye, 10 Dec 2014
T. D. Welsh (Basingstoke, Hampshire UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Actually, this is THE whisky from Skye - Talisker is, surprisingly, the only distillery on that island. Islay, Jura and many of the other Hebrides have many more, Islay being the jewel in the crown. Talisker is often ranked with Laphroaig as the peatiest of all single malts, although it doesn't have quite such a pronounced "TCP" taste. However, you'd be well advised to steer clear of it if you like your whisky smooth and mellow!

The Talisker distillery on the west coast of Skye is amazingly busy, for such an isolated spot. If you turn up at random, you may well find you have to wait for a place on one of the guided tours - although it's worth it. (As is the scenery on the way there and back).

Delivery was swift and the precious bottle was lovingly packed in two concentric boxes and plenty of brown paper, in addition to its own heavy cardboard tube. Best of all, the price was exceedingly bargainous, which makes anything taste even better to the true Scot!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sophisticated and powerful. Contains no horse meat., 11 Feb 2013
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
A single malt whisky from Skye (thankyou D Smith :) ), this is not your Aldi "Queen Bess" rubbish. This is a very robust whisky with a strong peaty flavour. Now, I've heard whiskey described as "peaty" many a time and, never having chewed a lump of Highland compost it means nothing to me. In fact, the taste is strong, smoky and medicinal more like toffee flavoured TCP than John MacInnes No. 4. There is also an unctuous oily texture on the tongue that you've never experienced in anything you've ever drunk. That might be enough to put you off if the best you've ever tried is Johnny Walker, but give this a go.

This distinctive tipple isn't a whisky to get smashed on, but neither is it to be taken lightly - it's an education for your taste buds.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just a beautiful single malt, 17 Dec 2014
It's just a beautiful single malt. Peaty, fruity and toffee-e with a lovely smoky finish. In fact, the finish lingers longer in the throat than any other whisky I've ever drunk - you go to bed having cleaned your teeth and there it is, behind your nose.

It's a decent tipple at about 46% yet there's barely a hint of alcohol burn. The taste is so complex that you almost forget you're drinking whisky. I never really 'got' how one could describe a whisky as 'salty' until I tasted Talisker; think toffee apple mixed with 'posh salted caramel dessert in restaurant' and you're pretty much there. Utterly delightful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 20 Jun 2014
Ed.F "edz314" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Bought this for my dad, he's fond of Scotch, as am I, Talisker is a cracker, smokey, complex, appley and with a slight peppery hint to the palate and a long tail out. Most drinkable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing according to my Dad, 1 Dec 2014
As a non drinker I have to reply on reviews to buy Whisky.
I went for this one for my dad and he told me the taste is very good.
So I will be buying more often.