on 13 February 2014
I bought this for my son for Christmas and he loved it so I bought a second for a good friend. My son said it was one of the best whiskies that he has tasted - and he should know!!
The downside was the packing - the Christmas bottle was beautifully packed with a strong extra box filled with an air-filled sleeve. The second one had a normal Amazon box and no protection so the box inside was damaged - not good, especially for a present.
on 13 April 2014
This Fine Malt turned out to be quite exceptional it was very smooth with no after burn effect definitely 5 star
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 September 2013
Among Whisky circles this whisky gets slated, usually by whisky connoisseurs of a certain age. I myself who are 26 have been tasting and enjoying whisky for the past two years and have to say that this one is pretty consistent from bottle to bottle.

Aged in ex-bourbon casks for most of the 12 year period and then half is matured for a finishing period in ex-sherry casks, it is then brought back together at 12 years of age to create this superb single malt. Before i talk about my tasting notes i want to say a little about the box which is of quality construction and looks ideal for presentation purposes but also aids in protecting the valuable bottle. The bottle is a standard size 70cl(750ml) bottle and features a cork stopper (always adds a touch of class) and a plastic but highly effective stag on the front which is the emblem of the Dalmore brand. This Whisky is bottled at 40% and has been chill-filtered. It does not state whether or not it is the natural colour or whether colourant has been added!

Tasting notes based on the last bottle i purchased in July 2013 which was bottled in December 2012:

NOSE Before Water: Overall quite sweet on the nose with warm spice and white pepper with a small hint of raisins. With a few drops of Water added : you get added dried fruits and eventually chocolate

TASTE Neat: Strong spice, vanilla and chocolate. Taste with water: Similar to neat but less of a nip on the tongue and a hint of lemon zest comes through

FINISH: Spice and orange notes that last for a few minutes

-------------------------------------

Very much a pleasant and easy to drink whisky, a few drops of water are essential to truly bring the flavors and aromas out but like all whisky, taste it neat first so you have a reference point. Once a few drops of water are added leave for 15 minutes to allow it to open up. Ideally use the right kind of glass, a glencairn glass would be best but if you don't have one then a wine glass is better than nothing. You can tell the influence the bourbon cask has had and you can tell good barrels have been used in maturation. Most certainly a good whisky to introduce people to and won't over-face anyone. I do take issue with the price which is on the high side (i paid £38) but given it's something you'd only buy once in a while i can't complain too much!

Very pleasant and easy to drink and offers a wide range of aromas and taste on the palate. Well crafted and good quality considering it's 12 years old! RECOMMENDED!

p.s. i also have a bottle of the 15 year old and hope to review that one soon too!
on 5 May 2013
The Dalmore was exactly what I was hoping for. Superb nose and a great hit of flavour that explodes on your taste buds and a lingering finish. Will definitely be buying more.
on 11 September 2012
Must be near the top of my list of favourite malt whiskies.
Sherry, oak and a touch of toffee make this an ideal sipping malt
on 16 September 2014
I bought this for a friend as a thank you gift. It's his absolute favourite Malt. This is the second time I have bought it. I am not a malt drinker. However, he describes it as being smooth with a hint of chocolate. I hope this helps. I am just so pleased I am never stuck for something to buy him.
on 10 June 2015
I love this Dalmore whisky. Agree with official nosing/taste notes - citrus fruity, spicy oloroso sherry. A strong, deep warm taste. Definitely one for a special occasion, like Friday night, or the end of a bad day :D Makes the world a slightly better place to be.
review image
on 3 December 2014
A favourite that will be replaced regularly in my cellar as it does not seem to last long for some reason. If I were asked what single malt to take on a desert island and only allowed one then this would be it. Just glowing thinking about it.
on 16 February 2014
Fast delivery, nice whisky...pour over a couple of cubes of ice to get the full flavour...would buy again, Many thanks.
on 26 December 2013
Boxing Day and I thought if try out my new whisky tumblers. This is a quality single malt but it isn't for me. The plastic antlers on the bottle seems a bit of a gimmick... but I love the presentation anyhow! Lovely nose but complex and dare I say musty finish. 15 year old dalwhinnie is way better in my opinion and cheaper. Purely a personal preference thing. Enjoy!!