5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome brutal metalcore breakdown fest

Published on 16 Sep 2009 by D. Berkeley

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate it but my it was for my nephew and he loved it
This is the one type of Rock Music which I cannot listen to.

Screamo - I just don't get it (sound like my Dad!). Bought this for my nephew for Xmas as he loves it. mmmmmmm!!
Published on 16 Jan 2010 by B. J. Pettitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome brutal metalcore breakdown fest, 16 Sep 2009
D. Berkeley "sirdanthethird" (Wigton, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
Breakdowns.

August Burns Red are the undisputed king of the Breakdown and here on their new album they once again show every other metalcore band how it should be done. Their drummer was recently recruited by Zildjian and it clearly shows here, the two china cymbals they gave him obviously went down a treat and are in evidence constantly in every song, nicely backboning each breakdown.

I mentioned the breakdowns again, funny that. Each song has up to five breakdowns, some of which break it down so far that you actually feel like you are drowning in a sea of primordial filth. As usual the lyrics are spot on and its always a laugh reading them and realising that although they sound like they are about animal sacrifice they are actually mainly praise songs.

ABR never make a bad album and this one is no exception. Buy it quickly but make sure you join the AA first, you're going to need some serious breakdown cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Relentlessly brutal, 28 July 2009
D. Berkeley "sirdanthethird" (Wigton, Cumbria) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars quality, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Constellations (Audio CD)
Another top quality ABR album. Typical metalcore styling from a band who really have a unique style of their own

4.0 out of 5 stars Constellations Collectable!, 24 Jun 2010
Mr. P. Hayes "Phil Hayes" (Leamington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Constellations (MP3 Download)
Although this would not go down in an all-time list of "greats", it is still very good, very enjoyable and well worth a place in any metal fan's collection.
A blend of riffs and raucous vocals that, as my mate used to say "clears the ear-wax!"
I find "Meridian" particularly enjoyable and that number would find itself in any of my current playlists.
If you haven't heard this band, they are well worth a try. Take it from an old git like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 Jun 2010
J. S. Gericke "Jsg" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Constellations (Audio CD)
Such an awesome band, recently got into Metal and Metalcore, not to label or put this band into a genre but an amazing album. Would recommend listening to "White Washed" and "Mariana's Trench" and of course "The Meddler" is a mind-blower.

3.0 out of 5 stars I hate it but my it was for my nephew and he loved it, 16 Jan 2010
B. J. Pettitt (Essex UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Constellations (Audio CD)
This is the one type of Rock Music which I cannot listen to.

Constellations
Constellations by August Burns Red (Audio CD - 2009)