on 23 May 2015
I use these insoles in my New Balance 890v4. These shoes have quite a bit of cushioning of themselves. Due to a sore hip I tried to make as less impact as possible when running.

The run is very plush when using these in my 890's. Remove the insole provided with the shoes since these insoles are quite thick. Running in a straight line on a hard surface is ok although I noticed my ankles and the muscles around them had to adjust. Felt like a bit more strain on them. Having run for 60 km with them the ankles are used to the new insole and my hip problem isn't aggravating. Especially on a downhill section I notice the improved impact cushioning. Significantly better.
The downside is that due to the thickness of the insoles and the high amount of cushioning in the 890's, you have to be careful on an uneven surface. When turning left or right while running I also notice less stability. Which is ok if you have strong ankles but if you need stability as well, you might want to go for less thick insoles.

I have been using less thick insoles in the same shoes and now these. Less thick means more control and less cushioning. Running is a bit more enjoyable on the less thick insoles. But I have been going for the thicker insoles knowing it reduces strain on my body. And with an additional 60km on them, I am used to it.

09-2015 Having ran on the insoles for a few months now I have to say I am not going back to running without them. I have been running an average of 30 miles a week and this is more than I ran before I used these insoles. My hip problem is not gone but hasn't gotten worse either. With the increase in running I would expect that due to previous experience. But these insoles combined with good cushioning shoes do seem to do the trick. Second pair I ordered a month ago and that says enough. Every new pair of 890's will be accompanied with a pair of these.
Takes a bit of getting used to and not for trail running. But if your on the road and no slaloming.....this will work!
on 3 July 2014
Cured my damaged heel. Put them in my trainers for Friday night football. This was after being unable to walk on Saturday mornings for the previous couple of months due to intense pain in my heel following a game. Within two weeks I was walking without discomfort (from my heels anyway!). I have been using the same pair for nearly a year now and they are still going strong. Showing very little sign of wear and tear after over 50 hours of 5 a side football. If I hadn't found these I don't think I would still be playing.
on 12 July 2013
Being rather heavy at 16 1/2 stone I seem to have 10 mile feet.
But the double strike insoles are superb.
Being a photographer, I am standing, ambling and walking for
long periods of time. The insoles are extremely comfortable and make
my work easier - I can forget about aching feet. I now have 5 pairs in my
shoes, walking shoes and boots
on 26 July 2012
Just given them a real test - did the Yorkshire Three peaks (22 miles) and changed from Walking boots to my trail shoes with the Sorbothane inner soles at half way.

No doubt that they helped - definitely worth considering.
on 21 January 2014
I would recommend this product for the following reasons.
They have alleviated pains in my shins and there is a better feeling as to where the shock of every step is going for instance,
I might feel tightness in my calfs during or after using them but is definitely a more natural feeling due to the insole probably re-aligning the footstep and or because this insole has subconciously set your foot up for a better more comfortable experience.
It's five weeks using them so far and 5 stars from me, worked well inside Cat boots but for Nike Air trainers I replaced the worn out Nike insole with these and it made them really comfy also.
on 18 October 2015
Just incredibly comfortable. I have a few pairs of these now and use them in wellies, walking boots and work boots. They are quite thick so probably won't work well in lightweight shoes.
on 5 November 2015
Second pair of these im on, been using them for years after i was constantly getting shin splints and other pains from the impact of running. After using these the problems disappeared
on 26 January 2014
If you spend a lot of time on your feet you will feel a difference if you put these in your shoes / boots. They do take up space though. No problem if the footwear is very roomy or if there is an existing insole you can replace but may not leave enough room for your feet otherwise! I like to do long distance walks and these are great and reducing the pounding your feet experience. Well worth the price.
on 3 May 2015
I've been a keen runner now for 5 years and these are by far the best insoles I've tried. I wish I'd found out about them earlier. I'm a fairly heavy guy at 13 stone, I run on concrete and these really do help with shin splints or aching knees. I was so impressed with my first pair I bought another for my work shoes. I usually try to think of caveats for a review but these really are spot-on.
on 12 August 2013
These insoles are salvation to my joints and feet. They make any pair of boots, no matter how hard the sole feel like a cushioned running shoe. They are especially great for hiking with light loads (personally, if I have to carry a heavy load I use more rigid/supportive insoles [ like superfeet green]), general city walking and work.

Highly recommended.