5.0 out of 5 stars Fun item
Came across this item by chance and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have one..so cute. Perfect for encouraging children to eat, so for future grandchildren! In the mean time it is being used daily in a house of 5 adults. Result: cute and tough enough.
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by GillHK

3.0 out of 5 stars Adorable
I bought this for my partner for christmas.

Published on 9 Jan 2010 by Milena Kirk

3.0 out of 5 stars Adorable, 9 Jan 2010
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my partner for christmas.

When buying this product please note that the egg cup will only fit small or medium eggs its not very comfortable with large eggs. We haven't tried the toast cutter on untoasted or unbutterred toast but on buttered toast it doesn't work very well it takes about 5 minutes of considerable pushing to get any kind of shape cut out of the toast. The egg spoon is far too small to be of any use at all and keels falling out of his hand.

But all is forgiven because its a very cute egg cup

2.0 out of 5 stars Eggstortion, 29 Dec 2011
Jonathan Jenkyn "belial_co_uk" (Ipswich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
I concur with many of the other reviews of this item. The plastic the eggcup is made from, is flimsy and thus the item is barely adequate as an eggcup. It is the type of plastic that would not last a single dishwasher cycle for instance. Its a similar plastic to disposable knives and forks. The spoon is totally pointless sadly; too small/brittle. The soldier cutter I did get to work, but we soon resorted to cutting strips again as it was too much like hard work at that time in the morning to cut out 3 small soldiers from a piece of toast.
The bottom line is that I'm disappointed. I should really have read these reviews and done something different as a stocking filler for my daughter. It's a real pity, because Paladone could have made a half decent product out of this idea, and yet that apparently spent more budget on the packaging than on the product :(

3.0 out of 5 stars good novelty gift but cheap and flimsy plastic., 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this for a stocking filler for my 3 year old. She really liked it, but i must say it is really cheap plastic.
It is presented in a nice box so its a nice little pressie for someone who loves dippy eggs and soldiers!
The soldier is holding a spoon but i dont think it will last long as its pretty flimsy.
The toast soldier cutter works really well, which surprised me, despite the inconvenience of having to pick out all the unwanted bread bits when you have finished with it. The novelty of the toast meant my daughter ate it all though, so thats a bonus!

A good novelty gift, but really it should sell for around £2. Maybe better value if there were two eggcups?

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun novelty item but no practical use., 21 Mar 2010
L. Haynes (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my boyfriend as a fun stocking filler at christmas since he loves boiled egg and soldiers for breakfast.
It looks nice, but the egg cup and spoon are made from fairly thin, lightweight plastic - if a child was using it they'd knock it over in no time. The spoon is, being small and plastic, too weak to crack the egg shell (you'd have to use a different spoon or a knife) and too small to pick up much egg with. Also for some reason the bottom part of the shell gets stuck in the cup and is a nightmare to clean out - I guess the plastic expands with the heat and then contracts to trap the shell when it's done with. We haven't actually used the toast cutter but it looks like a magnificent waste of bread - I suspect it would leave a lot of left-over, smushed-up bread.
Overall, it makes a nice cute novelty item in the kitchen but for actual use you're better off sticking to the basics - it's the old ceramic egg cup and a teaspoon for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars PLASTIC RUBBISH!, 26 Jun 2012
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
BOUGHT THIS FOR MY NEPHEW, HE'S BEEN LEARNING ALL ABOUT THE QUEEN IN SCHOOL AND I THOUGH THIS WOULD BE A BIT OF FUN.
FLIMSY PLASTIC RUBBISH!!!!!!
EGG CUP CRACKED AFTER 3DAYS, SPOON FAR TOO SMALL, TOAST CUTTER USELESS.
REALLY DISSAPOINTED!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Novelty - Not much use, 6 April 2010
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
Eggs & Soldiers are a classic childhood food for dinner; in fact, I remember one time I asked my aunt for it for tea, and she gave me a boiled egg, and a handful of green plastic soldiers - I was so crestfallen!

This novelty gift is wondering for bringing back those memories, or to capture a child's attention, however the cutter doesn't cut very well - at all, in fact. The egg cup, though, does hold its egg well.

Would recommend as a fun present, not to be an everyday use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap novelty gift, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
Unsurprisingly for the price this eggcup is fairly low quality. It's made of a very lightweight plastic so it's not going to be passed down through the generations as a family heirloom. More of a token gift than a sturdy piece of homeware.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for a five year old!, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter. Excellent idea! Makes Breakfast fun and healthy. Now the kid want eggs for lunch and dinner too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun item, 25 Feb 2012

3.0 out of 5 stars Soldier egg cup disappointment, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter (Kitchen & Home)
I had seen some porcelain soldier egg cups in Waitrose for a similar price, that had quickly sold out. I bought these as a substitute but they are quite flimsy and cheaply made. A good idea, poorly executed.

Paladone Soldier Egg Cup and Toast Cutter