5.0 out of 5 stars I am just blown away...
I have just watched this DVD, and I have to say, I have never laughed, cried and loved characters as much as this in a long time. This version could possibly be better than the movie, though I'm yet to see that without my copy freezing. Eden Espinosa's voice is just amazing, it has such power. And you will notice other actors, like Will Chase and Tracie Thoms, to name...
Published on 26 July 2009 by E. Moore

3.0 out of 5 stars Strange
Had recently seen advertising for a touring company of this show. Over the years had heard about it but knew little about the storyline. I found it strange to say the least and really wondered why it had run for so long on Broadway. Students, drugs etc seems an unusual mix for a musical. Only one song in the whole show rang a bell. Was it worth buying the DVD? - in a...
Published 5 months ago by Webb

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Production, 21 Jun 2012
This review is from: Rent: The Final Performance - Filmed Live On Broadway [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
A fantastic show from start to finish. Such a shame the show came to an end. Well done to all the cast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic production of the musical, 4 Aug 2011
I've watched the two versions that are recorded in DVD/BluRay of Rent.
I like more this live recording of the musical. Singers are amazing.
Despite in the movie version the role of Collins sings better, I think
the sparkling of the live version is the thing that makes me recommend
you all this version.
The BluRay comes with several subtitles (english, french, spanish, etc.)
Highly recommendable if you like the musical.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stage musical, 1 May 2011
F. Pindar (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A little known stage musically but brilliant :) Rather than stick a camera at the back of the theatre to record the show this is recorded from multiple camera angles, really nicely done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best musical of all time!, 31 Mar 2011
I love Rent. No matter who is playing the characters. It has a powerful message that touches you way down deep in a part of your soul that you never thought you had. It is really all about love and enjoying every moment you have and learning from them too. No day but today! Thank you Jonathan Larson!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Show To Make You Laugh, Sing and Cry!, 5 Mar 2011
My first experience of Rent was when I borrowed the motion picture version and was completely blown away by it. It's been a long time since I've come across a musical that can manipulate it's audience's emotions so easily! It tells a moving story with so much emotion and beautifully written music, which is easy to watch again and again.
The last Broadway show is captured perfectly with this DVD, from the production itself to the special features and documentaries made during its final week on Broadway. This is my favourite version - The acting and singing is top notch and you can really start to feel like you are sitting in the theatre itself. When the cast are taking their final bow, you will definitely want to restart the DVD and enjoy the entire show again!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rent. The last ever Broadway stage show, 20 Oct 2010
Beverley Collins (Worcester, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent show. Fabulous music. Dynamic cast. Very cleverly based on La Boheme and set in 80s New York. Stunning singing. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars RENT on Broadway, 8 Oct 2010
Honestly, this would be worth it even if it was three times the price. Don't let the movie version put you off RENT because the stage version is beautiful. Just beautiful. There are lots of extras on this DVD too, which I even cried at because I realised I may never see this on-stage like this.
I have bought this DVD for two other people as gifts since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 24 Jun 2010
M. Stefano "Steo" (Turin, Italy) - See all my reviews
I have seen the show on brodway years ago and I love to be able to watch it on DVD !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 21 Jun 2010
E. Deasy (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This DVD is a must have for any RENT fan. It is filmed really well and gives you the feeling of being there at the last performance. I absolutely loved it, and would recommend it to any RENT fan. If you are not a RENT fan yet i would still recommend it as it is a great way to see the show for the first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars RENT, 7 Jun 2010
Wow, in a word. An amazing performance from a wonderful cast of actors, not to mention the beautiful delivery of those fantastic songs! For me, the highlight of the whole thing has to be "What You Own". I even go as far as to say that I prefer it to the film version, the whole show is absolutly stunning. Moved to the core.