on 7 December 2011
I've been drawing with fountain pens for decades and it is very difficult to find a fountain pen with such a fine line as this. Certainly it is much finer than the lamy EF and finer lined than the rotring EF - its main competitors.The feed seems good and its nice to get a little tin to store it in. The general feel of the quality of the plastic and build quality is adequate but not outstanding. If you're looking for a fine line fountain pen you'll look long and hard to find something as good. Am very pleased with my purchase.
on 30 June 2013
I completely agree with the previous 3 reviewers. I love this pen, and it was cheap. I have been using it without any major problems for at least 1 year. I use this pen for writing letters because I have no interest in calligraphy, so I use the finest nib only. Once the pen gets started, the ink flows steadily and smoothly until it runs out of ink or you set it down for 12+ hours. It just takes some scribbling to get the ink flowing again. I would note, however, that with the refillable plunger cartridge, I occasionally have to open the pen and manually push the plunger down to get the ink seeping into the nib again. Most fountain pen inks are water soluble so they will smear if moistened, so keep that in mind. Once you get used to the pen's predictable functioning, it is extremely reliable, long lasting, and a great quality. Excellent value! I would recommend this pen to anyone who wants to try out a fountain pen for the first time without investing a large amount of money, or anyone, really, because with proper use, this pen never fails.
on 19 December 2014
Love it. I'm left handed, no issue using it and it won't scratch the paper when drawing. Thin as I like my fountain pens (other option being a Pilot pen with EF nib, that will scratch the paper but is even thinner, works very well on quality thick paper though)

Don't make the mistake of buying Moleskine notebooks to use this pen, the Moleskine paper is too thin and junk really. Buy your notebook from an art shop so you can test it first.
on 27 November 2014
Its very hard to find a super fine fountain pen and this fits the bill perfectly. Considering the low price it really does the job very well. I don't expect it to last for ever but after 1 year it is doing fine - I write a great deal and I am pleasantly surprised that it has held up to the demands I have placed on it.
on 26 December 2013
Smooth, fine nib. Glides across the page with no snagging. An absolute steal at just under £10. I'm going to buy a couple of spares. Better than a lot of fine nib pens many times this price.
on 18 May 2013
I use this pen in preference to ink gels and ball points whilst home. For such a low price I'm impressed with the smooth nib. I even think it might have improved my handwriting somewhat!
on 3 August 2014
Feels great to use, nice consistent line, and the ink they supply washes smoothly, and is neutral. I haven't decided whether I prefer this or my Rotring art pen. Depends on the paper.
on 16 February 2011
This is a great pen. works better and smoother than pens that cost me a lot (a lot) more than this. Excellent for writing but I bought it in the hope that it would be good for sketching and doodling, and it is. It's cheap enough to get a few of them and keep different coloured inks in them. Great find, or did I say that already??