4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for weighing gas bottles in a camper van!
I wouldn't call this a high-quality gadget but it does the job. Build quality is average and the dial looks cheap but it works, and that's what matters. At 10cm, excluding the hook, it's also larger than I expected and had a sturdy handle.

Published on 30 Aug 2012 by K-Roo

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely inaccurate, don't buy it!
My scale is a pessimist. When I measured the weight of my suitcase with that scale it said 22 kg. At the airport they measured 16 kg. I have never seen such a rubbish before. It's made out of a cheap metal which is breaking very easily if you smash it down in anger.
Published 15 months ago by Ondřej Strnad

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely inaccurate, don't buy it!, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Accurate luggage scale for weighing suitcases and luggage. 32KG capacity. (Luggage)

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Worth a Penny, 21 Oct 2010
I got these "Ashley LS200" scales by error because the marketplace seller sent the wrong ones. And yes - it would have cost me more to return them that what I had paid in the first place.
To sum it up - these scales are worthless. Even with the pivot screw all the way out, meaning they should show a higher weight than the actual, they show 0.5-2kg less. The heavier the item, the more inaccurate the reading. Build quality is rubbish too, which confirmed itself when I carefully took them out of a comartment in the suitcase they normally ride in and the ridiculous measuring tape contraption just fell apart, with springs flying everywhere.

1.0 out of 5 stars Vey dissapointed, 12 Feb 2013
I was very dissapointed by the product and the company. I opened it only to see that the red hand shoing the weight was in the wrong position and it wouldn't go to the correct position (0 kg). They said that since I opened it they cannot take it back. I send tham a second e-mail telling them that I had to open it and see it doesn't work (they never replied). It says maximum 32 kg. I tried maybe 20 kg and the red hand moved posiiton. I tried again and it changed position again. I threw it to the bin. I should have gone to TKMAXX. They have the same for the same price. I thought it is the original as they say in the description, but, ended up in the bin.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used it once, 5 Jan 2013
It does not work properly. Horrible for travel. I am sorry that I ever bought it. There is no way that I can hook even a small suitcase and lift it to see how much it weighs. The tape measure is a useful idea but not worth it given the rest of the product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong luggage scale, 25 May 2013
Scale arrived very quickly but it was not with the plastic handle as shown and described. Came with wire metal handle which is very difficult to hold in one hand with 20 Kg load. Full marks to supplier for accepting the mistake and full refund and with the offer of keeping the scale. Excellent service but regrettably the wrong product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for weighing gas bottles in a camper van!, 30 Aug 2012
K-Roo "K-Roo" (Wye Valley) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)

Although intended for weighing luggage, I use mine for weighing gas bottles in my campervan. The hook is just the right size from which to suspend a Calor Gas bottle and by recording the weight when full and subtracting the weight of the gas inside, it's possible to judge approximately how much gas is left. Without any scale or index on the bottle, it's otherwise impossible to judge with any accuracy and having run out on a recent trip, I know have an idea of how much is left and when a bottle needs to be replaced. It's a much more effective method than using the highly-unreliable Propane Gas Level Indicator and offers excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Accurate and reasonably priced., 13 Aug 2012
We needed a good indication of how much our holiday luggage weighs and these were ok. Just not easy to hook on to some suitcases and bags.

1.0 out of 5 stars Handle and weighing hook rusted..., 17 Oct 2012
I received this item and opened to find handle and weighing hook rusted .. Chromium plating is chipping off.
Doesnt look new at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Luggage Scale, 28 Nov 2010
Whilst the Scale undoubdtedly weighs the item accurately enough, it is, I found, poorly made, flimsy and liable to be unable to withstand anything but careful handling which was disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 28 April 2014
First there is no marker on the dial to hold what the weight was unless you were able to look direct at the face. The hook is too small to go around the handle to even pick up the case. I was stupid for buying this item!