5.0 out of 5 stars Great scaled-down guitar
Bought this as my 9 year old was showing interest in playing my dreadnought but found my guitar too big to reach around and the steel strings very painful. This guitar was just the job.

Published on 19 Nov. 2011 by Def Jef

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty
Wanted to give a 5 but after teacher tried tuning the quitar he said one of bolts that tightens strings was faulty.
Therefore have had to return. Would be nice to be able to request a automatic exchange for when this one is returned that I get a replacement sent out. However it states you have to wait for money to be refunded before ordering again. Bit off a hassle...
Published 6 months ago by Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scaled-down guitar, 19 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)

I was tempted by various blue painted or more rock styled children's guitars but none seemed to feature any decent wood at all so I doubted their tonal qualities. This guitar is admittedly laminated of course but it is spruce which for the price is incredible.

As others have said it takes a while to get in tune but if you spend the time stretching the strings and even leaving it tuned a tone sharp for the weekend it does settle down and keeps in tune. This is a scaled down version of a cheap Classical guitar that I already own with the usual high action and quite slack string tension which means it doesn't play like a rocker's guitar especially further up the neck where the high action really starts to tell. And don't even think about string bends up there unless you want to watch your fingers disappear under all the other strings.

But that's not what this guitar is for. I love playing it. It's tone is not at all shrill or dull and is pleasing to play and listen to whether strummed flamenco or folk style or when applying some Pink Floyd arpeggios. Just as important it is great to look at too in a sophisticated way, all deep conker browns and tobaccoey yellows with lots of lacquer, so that my son wants to pick it up whenever he walks past it, and that was it's intention.

I added a couple of black metal strap buttons at the base and heel and threw in a black strap too which really set it off so that he can do some rock poses for a while until he settles down to realising that the playing's the thing. Think he's just found a new best friend. Get this guitar if you want your under 11 to fall in love with a lifetime of guitar playing. It ticks every box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 2 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
I have been playing classical guitar for thirty years. I bought this guitar to see if it would be suitable for pupils aged 8 to 11 and I wasn't disappointed! Good construction, quality nylon strings and tight machine heads. Stays in tune. This guitar has amazing tone and resonance for such an inexpensive instrument. Can't recommend it highly enough - perfect first guitar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 8 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
I bought this guitar as a complete novice,for my 13 year old learn to play,having expressed an interest
I read the reviews (which were all good) and also based my choice on the price,not too expensive should it sit in a corner!
The packing was excellent,the guitar arrived very quickly,and when opened seemed great quality and value for money
Overall really pleased I chose this guitar

5.0 out of 5 stars Valencia 3/4 Guitar, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
My 11 yr old daughter uses this and is really pleased with it. It's suitable for her finger stretch and has a good sound. Casing is highly polished and is not tinny to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars inexpensive but not 'cheap', 23 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
Well made for something so reasonably priced. Easy to play for small hands. Generally a very pleasing object. As to it's durability, only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beginners guitar, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
My children enjoy practicing with this guitar and it seems half the class have the same one. Would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for beginners, 11 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
Bought this for my 9 year old daugter and she loves it. Has been given full approval by her guitar tutor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guitar, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
Really lovely tone and excellent appearance. Has 3 nylon and 3 wire strings. As previous reviewers pointed out, tuning is an issue for the first few days but stabilises after a while. Case is thin but practical with handle, though zips only across widest part of base. Very well packaged and delivery excellent - given a one hour time slot and delivery was bang in the middle. Although only 3/4 size, it is suitable for both children and adults. A remarkably good product at the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best cheap guitar for kids, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
I teach guitar to kids 8 upwards, and I've seen my fair share of abysmal cheap 'toy' guitars - however these are pretty good and should keep your child motivated to play longer than they would with a cheaper one.

It's my experience that these shorter scale guitars with nylon strings slip out of tune even more than full size ones do ( on paper it shouldn't be so, but I observe this and pass it on to you ), so you'll need to know someone who can keep this in tune. They do eventually settle down as the strings get stretched.

The burgundy case that comes with this is so tight it will take the whole family to get your guitar in and out!

In summary then, don't expect a case, but don't waste your money on anything cheaper - this is the best low price 3/4 guitar in the UK right now, and I've seen kids learn to play guitar with this exact model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for Money, 4 Aug. 2012
Orinoco (Castilla La Mancha, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar (Electronics)
Just the ticket if you're looking for an entry level guitar for a youngster. It's surprisingly well made given the price tag, is a pleasure to look at and sounds wonderful. It does take some time for the strings to settle down and will require regular tuning for the first few weeks, but I'm told that's the case with any guitar with new strings.
We're not a musical family at all but we did want our son to at least have the opportunity of trying an instrument. He was inexplicably good with the recorder in school so we thought we'd try to step it up a notch, it was either keyboard or guitar and he chose the latter. With tone deaf parents and brand new strings the Clip on Guitar Tunerwas a boon. However, he's had a number of lessons now and the tuner is becoming increasingly redundant as he's learning to do it by ear.
His guitar tutor rates it highly, in fact loves having a strum on it himself; honestly at this price it's hard to go wrong.
Do read Def Jef's review on this product, evidently someone who knows their way around a guitar, it was what persuaded me to buy it and I'm just so glad I did.

Valencia 3/4 Size Kids Classical Guitar