5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Purchased this to send the sky HD picture to a tv upstairs.

Published 18 months ago by Scott mckenzie

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service but these are pointless
Published 3 days ago by Animal

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Neet® - HDMI Extender over / Cat5e / Cat6 / RJ45 network cable - BALUN - 480p (60m) / 1080p Full HD (30m)** Plus 2 x 0.5m Neet Whiteline High Speed HDMI cables ** (Electronics)
Purchased this to send the sky HD picture to a tv upstairs.

THe hdmi went from the sky box into the Neet hdmi splitter. The first output went into the downstairs tv. The second output then went into the Neet HDMI extender. 2x20m Cat6 cables then went upstairs to the receiver which converted it back into HDMI that then went into the bedroom tv. The receiver comes with a power adapter but in my set up i did not need to use this. Freeing up a socket. Which was nice. Over longer runs you may find you have to use the power adapter.

Initially i purchased 2 cheap cat5e cables thinking they would be fine. This was a mistake as they did not work. I contacted Neet and they were very helpful and quick to respond. They advised that i would have to buy a better quality cat6 cable for it to work. I payed £20 for 2x20m lengths of Cat6 cable and it worked perfectly.

Do yourself a favour and dont waste time and money on cheap network cables.

I noticed a quirk when changing the input on the downstairs LG tv, it was switching on the LG tv upstairs. It only happened when changing the input on the downstair tv. I contacted Neet again who were very quick to respond with the answer. The LG tvs have a feature called EZ-Sync, once this was disabled on both set the problem was fixed.

Great product and great customer service from Neet. You will not be disapointed.

Links to the products in my set up.

Duronic 20m Professional Gold Headed Network Cable - Black - High Speed Premium Quality Cat6 / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN

Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) - Active Amplifier -1080p Full HD - Display HD on 2 TVs - ** 3D ENABLED ** - Free Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Does all that it should, 20 Oct. 2011
J. Orton - See all my reviews
Great product that does what it should - two Cat5/6 cables over a long distance, HDMI input at one end and the same output at the other.

I ran two CAT-6 cables (Gigatrue from Blackbox) to make sure, to a distance of 22 metres (44 metres of cable). I haven't needed the power supply at the receiver, possibly because of the quality of my Cat-6 cable or because 22 metres is just under the distance where you might.

The quality of the picture at the far end is the same as a 1m HDMI cable would be. These units are similar in appearance to other products on the market but for the price charged, they do the job with no power needed (in my install) and the picture is perfect. I will certainly be buying more for other rooms.

Not sure if it's mentioned anywhere here, but the instructions don't appear to - the CAT5/6 cables should be wired as 568B terminations at each end, so standard 'patch' network cable terminations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase., 9 Feb. 2012
I'm using this to route the HDMI signal from my downstairs Sky+ box to an upstairs TV - I could not justify paying for multiroom. Once I had routed two previously purchased cat5e network cables upstairs and plugged everything in, it simply worked. Perfect HD picture upstairs, no lip-sync issues. I am using it in conjunction with a Neet HDMI splitter and I'm using a Powermid IR wireless transmitter/receiver pair to control the Sky+ box with an additional Sky remote from upstairs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to setup and worked a treat, 21 Jan. 2014
Bought this to send hd signal from sky box to bedroom tv.

Bought: Neet Baluns, Neet Hdmi splitter, 2x15m cat6 shielded cable.

Setup: sky box feeding living room tv and bedroom tv. Already had sky tv in bedroom via coaxial cable and magic eye.

Have a Hd TV in bedroom but wanted Hd picture. Picture was ok over the coaxial cable but didn't make best use of hd tv.

These items were easy to set up and worked first time. Hdmi splitter comes with own power supply and receiving values baluns come with own power supply.

I kept the coaxial cable with the magic eye connected to bedroom tv so I could still use the sky remote control.

The only issue I have with the setup is when I watch a film on the blu ray player(is not connected in any way to splitter or baluns) if my tv in the bedroom is on standby, it switches itself on and the blu ray player turns off. I know it's strange but true. I have to switch the bedroom tv and baluns off at the wall socket in order for blu ray player to work.
I might try plugging the blu ray player into another hdmi port on the tv.

I would definitely recommend if you want to make best use of a HDTV in another room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Their customer support is superb and would rank amongst the best in my experience, 22 Nov. 2014
I've bought plenty of Neet items - 4x2 matrix, HDMI over cat 6 extenders; HDMI cables,IR probes and 2 way HDMI splitter and can say the products' quality against the price is exceptional. The items themselves all work correctly with any problems being caused usually being down to inferior HDMI cables or other connected equipment's incompatibility. Their customer support is superb and would rank amongst the best in my experience; some other traders could learn a lot from the service offered by these guys.

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service but these are pointless, 2 May 2015
I purchased a Cablesson HDMI X4 splitter as I wanted to watch Sky in four different rooms (lounge, two bedrooms & kitchen). I decided to hide the cables in the walls which meant that I needed two 30 metre, 20 metre & 15 metre cables. As I needed to cover a fair distance, I decided to explore the ethernet solution. After spending best part of 4 hours feeding the cables through various cavities, I found the Neet HDMI converters didn't work. I tested them using ready made ethernet leads but they were clearly defective. I contacted Neet who to be fair were excellent & offered a no quibble refund. However in view of my lack of success using ethernet cabling, I decided to try HDMI instead & Neet sent me two HDMI repeaters in exchange.

I subsequently bought Blue Rigger cables, which have built in repeaters, and used the now defunct ethernet leads to pull the HDMI leads though. I connected everything up including passing one of the four HDMI leads through a Pioneer receiver and everything works flawlessly. I didn't even need to use any HDMI boosters.

I don't want to be negative about Neet because of their excellent service, but in hindsight these converters were rather pointless. I can't comment on their use beyond 30 metres but HDMI leads work just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 18 Dec. 2014
Fantastic service, very quick delivery but most of all, well made and does exactly what they said it would. I now have my Sky TV in the bedroom, fully remote control with the aide of the Neet IR TX +RX Probes. The hardest bit was getting the TX Probe next to the Sky HD box in the correct position, took 5 mins of small adjustments to have it fully working!

Cheaper than buying sky multi room, I'd recommend this to everybody, far exceeded my expectations!

5.0 out of 5 stars Requires Long Wires But Excellent Results, 2 Oct. 2013
This product came in a timely manner and packaged safely. Had hoped to avoid using long cables throughout the house by connecting this to a powerline plug (distributes internet throughout the house using the mains ring) however this product is not compatible. Probably to do with the fact it uses 2 ethernet cables and signals probably end up crossed over somewhere. Anyway, I had to follow the less preferred option which was to get TWO (note you need two) ethernet cables (I went for two 30m Cat6 cables) which I haven't yet got around to hiding yet however this is a minor issue when you consider the quality of the signal. This product does exactly what it says it will - it WILL distribute your Sky service for example to another room with no loss of quality. Because we rarely want to watch two channels on Sky at any given time (and if we did we could resort to Sky Go on the iPad), it has become possible to have Sky Multiroom (kind of) without shelling out £10 per month. There is also the added value in that if you record a TV program on your box, it is available in the other room too rather than having to remember to record something on both boxes in case you change your mind about which room you want to watch it.

Great product! Very Happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terminator, I'll be back (to Neet), 5 Feb. 2015
Bought this to connect SkyHD to a garden room using 2x40m lengths of buried outdoor cat6 (unshielded).
I had terminated the cables myself and checked them with a line tester and laptop/router which indicated they were fine. Unfortunately the extenders did not agree and refused to provide anything other than a flashing picture from a DVD player and nothing from Sky.
I had resigned myself to digging another trench but decided to reterminate the cables (for the umpteenth time) but this time using different 3 part rj45 plugs from Maplin. I found these much easier to use than the normal push and crimp plugs, their design ensures you can be certain that all wires are in the correct order, length and properly crimped and now everything works as it should - sorry starting to sound like a review of Maplin.
Danny at Neet replied very promptly to my initial despairing email and offered to send replacement baluns which hopefully I will not need.
I am now happy with the results but if I was doing it again I'd buy premade shielded cables and run them through ducting.

Update- I initially needed the power supply for the Sky to work however after fitting the Neet 4k hdmi splitter the power supply for the cat6 balun is no longer required, quite impressive over such a long run using unshielded cable - IMO.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works OK for lower refresh rates, 3 May 2014
This works pretty well, but we found quite a few problems using 1080P@60Hz.

For normal interlaced video it worked fine, just wasn't that reliable over our dual CAT6 at 15m.

Ended up buying the single (and more expensive) Lindy box instead which has been flawless.

But this works well for TV, just not for computer refresh rates.