5.0 out of 5 stars Possibley my best purchase in 2010

Published on 22 Feb 2011 by Jocelyn Furr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibley my best purchase in 2010, 15 May 2010
J. Faulkner (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bodum Vacuum Travel Mug, Stainless Steel with Black Lid and Band, Small, 0.35 l, 12 oz (Kitchen & Home)
I know it's only a travel mug... But I recently went out to visit folks in my car - it's 30 mile drive. I bought a latte at the nearby service station - put it in the mug... So I got a little distracted with phone calls, had the odd sip of the coffee and soon arrived at my destination. I closed the lid and made my visit. 4 hrs later I'm back in tha car and the coffee is not only still hot, not warm, hot... It's still tasted good... It now travels with me and sits on my desk at work. Instead of having to make repeated cups as one coffee goes cold after another I've saved time and don't waste anything... Well worth the investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, and dishwasher safe!, 2 Aug 2010
Very good travel mug, fits perfectly in the car cup-holder and keeps coffee hot for the entire 2hr commute. I can confirm that it IS dishwasher-proof, the main reason that I chose this mug. Overall, pretty expensive for a cup but I'm expecting it to last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars No leaking, 10 Aug 2012
This mug is great, all the others I've had have leaked in my bag but this is very sturdy and doesn't leak. Easy to clean and no funny taste on your coffee like some of the plastic ones. Worth the investment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect travel coffee mug.., 5 Dec 2010
Brilliant - it keeps drinks hot for ages and it doesn't spoil the taste. High product quality and dishwasher proof. Highly recommended..

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks expensive, 29 May 2013
You get what you pay for. What a wonderful product. Exactly what I needed. My desk at work is 30m from the kitchen. Now, I don't leave a trail of drips along the corridor! Keeps my tea hot for ages. Can't be faulted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this in place of the plastic cup, 5 Jun 2014
T. Mustafa - See all my reviews
I love Bodum products and this is a great little product to have a tea in, keeps it hot for a very long time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bodum travel mug, 14 May 2014
Bought for a friend who loves the product. Excellent Qislity keeps drinks warm for hours. Did choose black and receive a red one however

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, clip shut 90% leak proof, 22 Oct 2014
Pros:
- Very comfortable to hold
- Contains a good amount of liquid
- Keeps drink hot for a long time
- Mostly spill-proof (more on this below)
- Non-slip bottom is FANTASTIC for train tables. Can easily leave it standing up even on a bumpy train
- Very easy to clean
- No funny taste

The only con:
The lid is clip-shut, so not the best seal ever. Leaks a bit when turned upside down, so needs to be kept fairly upright. When I put it in my bag, I find if I end up sprinting or power-walking to the station and my bag gets jostled, I find a small amount of liquid has escaped and sits around the outside rim of the top. However, only a tiny bit, and that is with 15 mins power walking. Holding it in my hand is fine, even if (for whatever reason) it gets shaken about.

4 stars due to not being 100% leak proof

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks cool but leaks everywhere, 22 Feb 2011
As others have specified, this is not advertised as leak-proof, but it is not even close to being leak resistant. Hot coffee poured out from between the lid and the side scalding my hands. I couldn't even walk while holding it without being burned incessantly. I may as well have poured my coffee into a plastic cup. The only way I could find this mug useful is if I drank from it while standing immobile, or if I left a 2 inch gap between the top of my liquid and the lid. Hardly an ideal product. I bought a travel mug from Starbucks that was also not advertised as leak-proof and I've never had it spill a drop, even when thrown full into my purse.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and hot, 5 July 2014
arrived on time packed well. pressy for son very pleased as it kept his coffee really hot for his 40 mile run to work each day

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›