on 3 September 2010
I was lucky enough to have been bought the TZ10 as a present, however I quickly realised that such a valuable instrument needed protection. Having looked at dozens of options, this I thought added, the right amount of protection I was looking for together with the ability to access the camera fast, ie.e. no fiddly velcro to rip apart (and get clogged with fluff/debris), or zips to get stuck. It has has a simple magnet/clip fastener. The leather looks feels and smells great. It is pleasing to hold and doesn't slip and you can get the camera strap hanging out the side neatly for more security if required. Inside, the synthetic material is soft and the camera fits snugly into place with sufficient space for a lens cloth to lay under the camera. It also has a belt loop fastener which I found useful when I went out my bike as it afforded secure carriage with instant access to the camera. I am satisfied that I made the best choice for my new camera. Although it was a little more expensive that many of the other, it should give years of service. I would recommend this quality case to go with your quality camera. Hope you find this useful.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2009
First of all, please see P. Wotherspoon's review - I could not agree with it more. However, the one missing element is that this case comes with no extra space. There is one main compartment that will house the camera, but that is it. If you are like me, and you like to carry around a spare memory card, or a spare battery, there is no room for these and so if that is important to you then you may want to look elsewhere. There are lots of competitors out there with much cheaper cases with many more features than this one.

If you care about having the official branded products then this is still a good buy - it is a good quality case that affords good protection to your camera (except that it will not stop rain or sand for example). If you are not bothered by the logo, then shop around for equivalents before you buy this case. You may well find one better suited, and for less money.
22 comments|110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2010
Bought this case to go with a Panasonic lumix TZ10 that I bought for my wife's 30th birthday. She was going to New York and thought she could do with a good camera but it didn't come with a case so I looked on the web for a case and wanted a stylish leather case from Panasonic that could easily fit into her handbag and found this one. The camera fits lovely and is in my opinion of very good quality. The leather is nice and smooth and the inside is soft and velvety. There isn't much room for anything else, but she isn't a professional photographer and has a large capacity memory card in the camera. She loves the style of the case and the magnetic fastener is very good for taking the camera out quickly to take a photo. My wife says she has no trouble at all with the case even taking the camera on a night out on the town as the case is not much larger than the camera itself. Overall this case is very good value for money and looks very nice - well recommended.
I decided that after spending more than £250 on a camera, it would be a false economy to buy a cheap case, so I went for this Lumix-branded one. As with the camera, Panasonic give pride of place to the Lumix name (embossed on the front) rather than Panasonic (on a little grey tag on the back). The case itself is stitched leather, strengthened to make the case semi-rigid to protect your camera better. The interior is the felt-like black material that you often get in good camera cases. A TZ7 fits inside nicely, not so loose that it bangs about, and not so tight that it gets scuffed.

You can't use the camera in the case, like you can with some SLR cases: there's no hole for the lens, so you need to take the camera out of the case to use it. There is a little leather loop to put the camera's camera strap through to keep them together, but the weight of the case flapping about makes it hard to hold the camera steady, so I don't use this. Rather more helpful (if you wear a belt) is the belt-loop, which is just wide enough for a 4cm / 1.5inch belt.

The case is held closed using a magnetic stud, and it can be hard to close the case correctly without looking. It doesn't close in a particularly positive way, but you do get used to it after a little practice. The flap doesn't completely cover the top of the camera, so it wouldn't protect the camera from rain, but it provides good protection against rough handling.
0Comment|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 September 2011
After purchasing a Panasonic TZ20 I looked for a suitable case to protect it.There were quite a few different products available but this one stood out from the rest. I was delighted with its quality. Soft leather around a protective body,secure fastening yet easy to access,belt loop for comfortable carriage,branded Lumix to match the camera.Bargin priced.
on 24 October 2010
Bought this case for the Panasonic Lumix TZ10, fits the camera like a glove, excellent product, good belt clip/ring, perfect for the task of carrying the camera only!
on 3 August 2009
fits the panasonic tz 7 perfectly, firm enough to protect the camera yet small enough to want to carry around, just find panasonics accessories really expensive !!
on 30 November 2009
Good product. Only room for camera though which is an excellent fit. Will need to put spare battery and card elsewhere, or not take them out with me.
on 5 November 2009
Fits camera very well. However, there is no room for an extra battery. Fits well on a belt but does not have a strap to wear on the shoulder.
on 2 May 2012
I bought the TZ30 very recently (mid March) and had some doubt as to whether this case would be suitable as I don't think the description says explicitly whether it will accommodate the camera. For those wondering, it does.

The exterior of the case, I would guess is real leather, it has the smell. It feels soft and nice to hold but is not flimsy and will offer some protection against knocks, I wouldn't recommend dropping it as a test though as although the case is rigid on the bottom corners (and to a lesser degree the sides) and it isn't padded so won't prevent shock damage.

The flap that closes the case is held by a magnetic clasp (looks like a popper but isn't as secure) it's quite resistant to pulling apart but I wouldn't rely on it staying closed in a major jolt - dropping it perhaps. Maybe this is why Panasonic have included a loop on the side to put the strap of the camera through.

Its fairly low-profile but you'd need pretty big pockets to keep it in there. As an alternative to more bulky (and presumably more protective cases its perfectly fine).
The belt loop on the back is hardly the most useful addition unless you tend to wear narrow belts. Having measured, it's 35mm from the top to the point at which it is attached to the case itself.

The interior is brushed cotton, or something similar so its soft and wont mark the case or viewing screen.
The camera is snug inside and doesn't rattle to any great degree so there is no room for spare batteries. Personally I wouldn't let that put you off as carrying such a small item can hardly be considered a burden (pockets anyone?). You could if you wanted put a memory card in there but with modern cards you'll run out of power before you run out of space.

I've measured as best I can the dimensions of the case as follows:

The compartment in which the camera sits is 125mm wide (outside edge to outside edge) 40mm deep and 60mm high (bottom to the top as you look at it).
With the lid closed I measured about 80mm high, that was without squashing the lid down and 60mm deep.

I suppose I should clarify why I've given this 4 stars and not 5. Its hard not to give it 5 but in all honesty if I did, it says to me 'its perfect' which it isn't, its very good. its well made and good quality. It could do with a little more padding but that's a minor qualm. I suppose it 'could' be made of a slightly more rigid material but I'd be picking holes. Bottom line is for £15, its a great case. Chances are you've spent a couple of hundred pounds on a camera you don't want the case to fall apart and not have anything to put it in.
review image review image review image