5.0 out of 5 stars Top Trunki!
Published on 15 Jan 2010 by Pumpkin Mama

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea but not the practice
Published 12 months ago by Mr J F El-Mokadem

3.0 out of 5 stars Love the idea but not the practice, 24 Sep 2013
This review is from: Trunki Ride-on Suitcase - Harley the Ladybug (Red) (Luggage)
Taken me a while to get round to reviewing this. I like many others thought these looked great and felt like my kids were somehow missing out on the whole trunki experience! ;-) I think the idea of these is better than the reality particularly for younger children. So although these are great for pulling the kids through the airport you have to be really careful. We watched one little girl fall backwards and took a nasty bump to the head. I also didn't think about the practicalities of having to carry these and the children and the rest of our hand luggage. Even with granny and granddad in tow it was still a struggle! They are fairly heavy and its difficult to negotiate your way to your seats on the plane with these and children. The kids do love them though and they had a ball with them. Unfortunately they did not make it on this years holiday but maybe next year if the kids can carry them by themselves it may be easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Trunki!, 15 Jan 2010
We bought this for our 15month old daughter as her older brother had one and he loves it - even carries it himself!! They are ideal for nights or weekends at Granny's house as it fits everything in for a short stay. We've not yet used them for any holidays abroad, but imagine that they will be perfect for carrying any toys that CANNOT be left at home!! Even better for entertainment at the airport, when they can either scoot themselves around on them, or be pulled along with the 'lead' that comes with it.
She has great fun pushing it around and even sits astride it whilst her brother pulls her along. She is much younger than the recommended age for Trunki, but she's happy to sit and put things in, take them out, put them in and take them out again - ad infinitum!
These are sturdy little cases ideal for little people. They may cost a bit more than your average kid's case, but they are MORE than your average kid's case!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - fun and functional!, 7 Oct 2009
Bob and Billy's Mum (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Trunki is a genius idea - a child's suitcase, on wheels, which is also a pull-a-long or ride on toy. Excellent value for money, practical and fun. A big hit with both my daughter and I.

Harley, is a 'special edition' for this summer, and is stunning in its red colour and spotty design. I have the ladybird wheelybug Wheelybug Ladybird Large for my daughter, so this seemed a natural choice. (There are many other designs and colours available too).

It is very strong, sturdy, yet surprisingly spacious - we managed to pack all we needed for a weekend away in the compartments. Good features such as elastic straps helped enormously.

Most impressive though is the fun and enjoyment that never ends once the case is closed! My daughter loves scooting about on its back (complete with sound effects and singing!!)She also pulls it about as her 'pet' and so travelling becomes somewhat easier with her 'in charge' of her own luggage! At home she insists on playing with it too so it has been in use continually.

One point to mention - if you are putting it on a plane, do consider the additional stickers Trunki Sticker Pack to personalise as there may well be another about (and its hard to tell which case is which on a baggage claim as it is)!

All we need now is a 'grown up's' version too please!

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandkids Delight - Trunkis, 14 Dec 2010
We have bought 5 Trunkis for our grandchildren.

They are well designed, strikingly colourful, strong, practical, reasonably priced and useful luggage for children .

They seem to take day to day knocks in their stride, and the children love them !

Two grand daughters took them to Spain on Holiday, and they were useful as seats waiting for Ryanair ( as usual!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Trunki, 9 Nov 2009
Brilliant product, kids love them and they really do keep them amused. No negatives to this, a must have for any traveling child.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 24 Mar 2014
My 4 years old daught love it. Overall it is good enough. I didn't give 5 stars just because it is a bit softer than what I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars my toddler loves this, 18 Aug 2013
i brought this for my two year old for holiday, its great that it fits as hand luggage and he has lots of fun being pulled around on it

5.0 out of 5 stars same as rest, 15 Feb 2013
Another very successful case the same as all the others for suitability and hard wearing for the children to play with and pack their clothes in. Brilliant idea that it can be used as a seat also

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, 7 Mar 2010
I bought this for my not quite 2 year old daughter before her most recent trip and it's been worth every penny. While it is expensive, having her entertained (not only by the suitcase but by all the attention she got with it) was great. She's not quite big enough to push herself along on it but she can pull it or push it and we can pull her when she's sitting on it. It made the folding pushchair we took along completely redundant. Having said that, I still had to take a backpack of goodies as, once on the plane, the case was up in an overhead locker as it doesn't fit under a seat but I was so pleased with it I really didn't care. Would recommend this to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ladybug trunki, 28 Dec 2009
The Hancock's (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
My 2 year old daughter loved ridding on her trunki through the airport on our recent holiday. So it saved trantrums about going in the pushchair when you have too much hand luggage to carry as well as toddler. Also we could fit enough toys and books in to keep her occupied for a 8 hour flight. Plus when she was ridding the trunki she got lots of attention from other kids.