on 2 December 2010
A nice solid chunky wristwatch. I wanted a souvenir from working in Basel, and so this Zeno, with German display of Day, fitted the bill exactly, being made in Basel.

The face is nice and plain in black (I hate watches with lots of extra functions that I never use), and it is a pleasure to be able to see the auto mechanism through the rear window. Note that it is fairly thick (like most autos), so make sure you are happy with that before you buy. The black leather strap looks a little bit "naff" in the adverts with the white stitching, but the leather quality is excellent, and it actually looks better than I thought it might.

It keeps time perfectly, but just remember, if you don't wear it constantly and you are used to quartz watches, that you have to reset the time every time it stops - obvious really, but still a pain! I keep mine for "best", so I don't mind this, and of course no batteries to change ever.

The price is excellent for this quality of watch, which makes it very wearable without too much fear of loss or damage (compared to other auto Zenos or other big name watches). Highly recommended if you like black-faced fairly plain watches.