Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.89

on 25 April 2015
I am 70 and still read it. I can quote passages by heart.
Should be read on a summers afternoon sitting by a river or in a wood.
Compulsory reading for children (up to the age of 90) in my view
on 9 September 2015
A timeless classic - and not just for children. I loved it (still do), it was a staple of my children's early days, and my grandchildren look on the anthro'd animals as friends. Each characterization is "someone" you "know"; even the weasels and stoats are endearing little nuisances. rather than serious pests. Five stars? Cheap at the price!
on 16 January 2016
I have been reading this with my two kids and can't believe that I missed out on reading it as a child having been quite a bookworm in my formative years. The story is simple and straightforward, with no need for worries about content for a child of any age. However my children, who admittedly are both also bookworms, love the complexity and creativity of the adjectives and other descriptive figures of speech which are dense, varied and inventive throughout the book, with an overall tone that is at once comic and sympathetic. They both have reading ages well above their current 11 and 13 years, and are reading quite edgy teen novels separately, but this gentle gem has captivated us all. Although it is quite old, it has not really dated at all, like some other classic novels. We are revelling in the sheer literary joy of it. I can 't recommend it enough. It is also very quintessentially British, if that suits what you're looking for!
on 30 March 2012
Wind In The Willows is a great book for all ages. I first read this book, when my grandfather gave me a copy some 50yrs ago. So I though I'd download the kindle version, what a disappointment, page numbers popping up everywhere spoiling the reading,needs reformating to get rid of these niggles. The story is luckily still a good one.
on 9 December 2010
I first had this story on tape for my two sons when they were small and every time they felt under the weather or just a little low we would have a hot chocolate and listen by candle light to this beautiful story. In my opinion the narrator and story teller Richard Briers, is the most suited to bring real magic to the telling of this story. If you have small children get this and no other version, you and they will be very pleased!
on 28 February 2016
Lovely story, never read it before, but glad I did now. Very descriptive, while reading the book, one could almost hear the trickling, chuckling stream, and smell the grass of the green meadow. The animals portray very amusing human like characteristics, and Mr Toad is always following one after another of his new fads, boats, cars, caravans. So funny. And all the while, his band of faithful friends are there to help him get out of the trouble these 'interests' lead him in to. Really great read!
on 13 December 2012
this book is just as good as it was when I read it during my childhood … exciting and thoroughly enjoyable ! This book is a great example of wonderful classics being retold for generations of people just as well as when this book was first published. It is a heart warming tale that I belive every one can enjoy wind in the willows is an ultimate must have for your bookshelf !!!
on 30 September 2015
This is a lovely story. I decided to read it now as never read it as a child. I have only given it 4 stars as there is an exceedingly boring and silly chapter about a sea rat (which didn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the story) included in this version - which I am told does not appear in the printed editions that my friends and their children have read.
on 14 March 2015
I suppose I really should have read this book years ago, but was never much of a reader.
Now being so easy to download and read books using my 'Tablet', I'm trying to catch up a litttle, 'The Wind In The Willows' I found to be 'highly-entertaining', light hearted read...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 February 2016
Classic story which drags you in, timeless, even sounds good with kindle's robotic narrative!

Put this on speech narration whilst doing some D.I.Y. ...found myself standing around absorbed in the story when I should have been cutting & fitting insulation board.